Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash - 15th Feb '09 (NOON - 5 PM)

Born 2B Mild

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='390037' date='Jan 23 2009, 10:06 PM'][b]Public Service Announcement[/b]

The wearing of Chapman Sticks is not compulsory, however for Health and Safety reasons name badges will be provided ;)[/quote]
Thankyou H & S,without you ,I know ...My life would be a hell of a lot more exciting!!!

[quote name='StanRobinson' post='390663' date='Jan 24 2009, 09:11 PM']STICKER
Planning to fulfil my obligations on the (valentines) night before, so should there. Only got non-exotic gear all strung with flats, do I still bring along?

Cheers now,
SR[/quote]

Why not, the more the merrier: I too have a bass strung with flats, we can compare and contrast....!

STICKER please.

I'm not planning on bringing anything along, unless anyone specifically wants to try any of the following:

1970's (can't remember which year) Fender Musicmaster
1970's Sola Sound Tonebender
BYOC Envelope Filter
Also have a Monte Allum modified CS3 and a Hotcake if anyone wants to try these out.

Cheers,

Martin

STICKER
Just had the all clear from Mrs P.

Traveling up/across with Alan from ACG and Peter (Greenking), Sounds like a nice day trip out....!!

Bit further than the Lytham bash from home but hey...its all good

I will chat over with Peter/Alan, but one of us could bring a long a Mark Bass head and GS112 cab for others to try out, unless somebody is already bringing along that combo...??

Dave

Edited by david_l_perry

I'll hopefully be right along. I'll be at the ACG 'centre of excellence in all things bass' with my Harlot.

Just caught Dave's post above ;) I could bring along my Warmoth Darkstar with ACG pre. It's a great advert for the pre and having only one low pass filter it's easier to illustrate how powerful one knob can be! Ooh err.

Peter

And Sticker please. I'll see what I may have raffle wise too.

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

I visited the [url="http://www.manhattanentertainments.co.uk/about.php"]venue[/url] this aft.

There's a few sockets but I suggest you pack an extension lead in case your rig isn't close enough to a wall socket.

Edited by Born 2B Mild

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='392926' date='Jan 27 2009, 05:04 PM']Raffle Prize #3

7" single (45rpm) Whammy by Big Boy Bloater. Unused special edition from Mark Lamar, I sold my turntable
[url="http://www.bigboybloater.com/"]http://www.bigboybloater.com/[/url][/quote]
I'll donate a CD The Other Side of Blue, by Angie Shaw.

erm, STICKER I think...

Ive had a look on nationalrail.co.uk - its running very slow today, probably because of the snow.

If youre training in from the Leeds end, you want to be on the 10:54, it arrives in Hornbeam park at 11:25. The next train is at 12:54 and doesnt get in till 13:25 so you'll miss some of the fun. To get home youre either on the 16:56 or the 17:56.

If youre training in from the York end, you need the 12:18, arriving at 12:56. If you miss this one, then you need the 14:19 which doesnt get in till 14:56 - so probably better to try going via Leeds. The train home goes at 17:25, or get the 17:56 and go via Leeds if you get stuck talking.

If you really want to get there before 12:00 then you'll need to go via Leeds, or set out at 21:57 the night before - youve gotta love nationalrail.co.uk.