Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash - 15th Feb '09 (NOON - 5 PM)

Born 2B Mild

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='410483' date='Feb 15 2009, 09:40 PM']I see that my Harlot wasn't camera shy. Am I allowed to say that it's my favourite bass, alongside many really great instruments.

Peter[/quote]
Thanks for letting us handle the Harlot, Peter! I would say it is probably the most sublime, comfortable and toneful bass I have ever laid hands on. Just made you want to play for ever. Quite beautiful.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='410357' date='Feb 15 2009, 08:49 PM']Looks like a fun day! and a smart venue.

What was the half fretted/fretless bass and who did that belong to?

GAS![/quote]

That is mine. It's the first one I made, so I can't part with it for personal reasons. I've gigged it a lot, anyway, so it would have to be a second hand sale, and I experiment on it all the time.

If you liked the fretted/fretless thing, I can retrofit it on most basses (binding and maple fingerboards complicate matters, but it is still do-able). Obviouly I can always make you one.

Thanks to Phil et al for putting it together, it was great to try out other peoples gear, and generally have a chat with so many bass players. Finding out what you all want is important for us builders, otherwise we'll just end up making basses that we want.

Looking forward to the next one.

Jim

[quote name='TK4108' post='410282' date='Feb 15 2009, 07:49 PM']Sorry for the delay. Here is a link to the photos. Thank again Keith and Phil! What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

[url="http://picasaweb.google.com/kithdotus/YorkshireBassBash2009?feat=directlink"]Yorkshire Bass Bash 2009 Photos[/url][/quote]

Do you mind if I use a couple of these on my blog? [url="http://luthiery.co.uk"]Jim's Blog[/url]

I'll credit you, of course.

[quote name='Jim Fleeting' post='410735' date='Feb 16 2009, 09:10 AM']Do you mind if I use a couple of these on my blog? [url="http://luthiery.co.uk"]Jim's Blog[/url]

I'll credit you, of course.[/quote]

Not a problem. Everyone on BC is free to use them. I have higher resolution versions of all the pictures. Just PM me if you would like any of them. I can also do some basic cropping and color adjusting if you need. Some areas of the room were very dark while others had flashing disco lights.... Not exactly idea conditions. I apologize for the fuzziness and odd colors in some of the photos. I deleted quite a few before uploading the shots.

My camera is like my basses. My lack of talent make me unworthy of my kit. ;)

Thanks to everyone for a really fantastic day yesterday! Big cheers to Jim, I learnt alot yesterday :P

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='410483' date='Feb 15 2009, 09:40 PM']I'd just like to thank everyone for a great day. It was great to expand my knowledge about what faces I can put to names, especially so when you have a major 'it's a small world' moment like I did today.[/quote]

:) Another Islander! Peter, it was good to meet you, give me a shout next time youre in North Yorkshire and we'll meet for a beverage ;)

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='410483' date='Feb 15 2009, 09:40 PM']I see that my Harlot wasn't camera shy. Am I allowed to say that it's my favourite bass, alongside many really great instruments.[/quote]

[quote name='ARGH' post='410537' date='Feb 15 2009, 10:19 PM']AL's Novax'd 5 string felt Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice[/quote]

Totally, very nice Al! And the RickyBaker is looking really nice!

See you all at the next one :huh: Especially if I do as well out of the raffle.

Edited by Mikey R

Top do fellas...Thanks for organizing the event.
Great photos !

Nice thing about bashes like this is [i]all [/i]of the gear tends to be high quality stuff that you normally would never find in one shop...and every body is more than happy to let you try it all out... ;)

Alans Genz Benz sounded the muts nuts......(cant find a shot of it..)
Just wanted to really crank it up, but then its not an ideal situation to do that unfortunately.

All in all a great day, great venue, and great burger and hand cut chips......Had a great laugh in the car with Peter and Alan (Skelf & Greeneking) Made the 2.5hours trip a breeze...

Dave Perry