Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash - 15th Feb '09 (NOON - 5 PM)

Born 2B Mild

[quote name='7string' post='409770' date='Feb 14 2009, 10:05 PM']Sorry but I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow. Don't feel great and I can't manage the long drive.

Apologies to all, but I hope to see pics of all the merry-making.[/quote]
Aww bugger,I was looking forward to meeting you and your ERB Mark....Ive not met anyone else with more than 6 in the flesh.

[quote name='7string' post='409770' date='Feb 14 2009, 10:05 PM']Sorry but I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow. Don't feel great and I can't manage the long drive.

Apologies to all, but I hope to see pics of all the merry-making.[/quote]

Arses...I was really looking forward to meeting you pal...and seeing your completed 9 string...

Hey ho...Got Alans Northern bass bash later this year...

Dave

[quote name='Mikey R' post='409930' date='Feb 15 2009, 10:37 AM']If anyone gets to read this before miday today, I wont be able to get there till about 1:00ish, so please DONT LET JIM START WITHOUT ME!

:P[/quote]
;)

You're not the only one!

Stupid alarm that doesn't go off so I miss the train that'll get me there on time!

Lift anyone?

Yeah, Yorkshire Bass Bash '09 was excellent! ;)
Big thanks to Phil for organising this event, and for Keith for the raffle and all the money raised for a great cause from that.
For me, it was great to put faces to names.
It was the first time I'd tried headless basses, fanned-fret, 6 -string, 9-string and Chapman stick, EUB (first upright bass of any sort), as well as many other quality basses of many varieties. Thanks so much to all of you for sharing. BTW Prose' maple necked black jazz with the bridge humbucker is the business!
Jon

Hi all!

What a fab afternoon... thanks to B2BM and all the folks for organising it. Just a shame I had to leave so early but I feared Mrs. WoT was eating all the cake at Betty's.

Lots of great people and good stuff.. I'm terrible with names, so I'm looking forward to seeing the photos so I can remind myself who I was talking to!

It was nice hearing my fretless being played by people who play the fretless properly. A real eye-opener.

Loved the Genz 212XT, and the DR Bass 1260.. Prosebass and Skelf's creations were great, too.

Thanks again to all involved!

[quote name='William James Easton' post='410260' date='Feb 15 2009, 06:21 PM']i've got a headache.[/quote]
Let me help you with that:

[size=5]B-DMM-BMM-BMM-D-D-DBMM-DUMMA-DMMM-B-DMMM

SLAPPITY SPLAP SLAP B-DOINK SPRAAAAANG D-DMMM B-DMMMM[/size][b][/b]

Feel better now? ;)

Edited by wateroftyne

Thanks to all who attended...TK4108 will be posting some photos soon I hope!

Re the Raffle I'll put the details up on the "Raffle" thread: makes sense doesn't it?

On second thoughts, link to Raffle results:http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=40247&st=40

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='TK4108' post='410282' date='Feb 15 2009, 06:49 PM']Sorry for the delay. Here is a link to the photos. Thank again Keith and Phil! What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

[url="http://picasaweb.google.com/kithdotus/YorkshireBassBash2009?feat=directlink"]Yorkshire Bass Bash 2009 Photos[/url][/quote]

Great shots!

What lens was that?