Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash - 15th Feb '09 (NOON - 5 PM)

Born 2B Mild

I'm looking doubtful now unfortunately - I joined a new band yesterday who rehearse on Sunday afternoons. I'm gonna try and persuade them to start at 3pm so I can at least have an hour at the Bash - my ears usually give up after an hour at these gatherings anyway. Be a shame to miss it cos I think it'll be a good'n.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='404061' date='Feb 9 2009, 09:50 AM']I'm looking doubtful now unfortunately - I joined a new band yesterday who rehearse on Sunday afternoons. I'm gonna try and persuade them to start at 3pm so I can at least have an hour at the Bash - my ears usually give up after an hour at these gatherings anyway. Be a shame to miss it cos I think it'll be a good'n.[/quote]

Well if you can't make it I'm sure you'll buy a couple of Raffle Tickets.........?

[quote name='noisedude' post='404077' date='Feb 9 2009, 10:11 AM']STICKER please although work commitments mean I'm only 90% confirmed at this point .... ;)

If I come along with a friend/relative/dog do I need to get them a sticker as well or can we just turn up?[/quote]

What sort of bass does the dog play, and does he get plenty of growl from it?
(someone had to...)

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='404083' date='Feb 9 2009, 10:20 AM']What sort of bass does the dog play, and does he get plenty of growl from it?
(someone had to...)[/quote]
It would most likely be my brother, and he growls more when he's drunk than when he's playing bass.

For my own part, I've long since decided that there is no room in my house for a [i]woofer[/i], what with all these large [i]speakers[/i] filling the floors......... ;) :P

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='404167' date='Feb 9 2009, 12:00 PM']Damn, bloomin' car has gone and broken itself, and its not booked in the garage until next tuesday!

Unless i work out another way doesn't look like i'm coming ;)[/quote]
If you're fishing for a lift up there i can always swing by and get you on my way out of Hudds, Jake. I'm going anyway and the car's empty.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='404061' date='Feb 9 2009, 09:50 AM']I'm looking doubtful now unfortunately - I joined a new band yesterday who rehearse on Sunday afternoons. I'm gonna try and persuade them to start at 3pm so I can at least have an hour at the Bash - my ears usually give up after an hour at these gatherings anyway. Be a shame to miss it cos I think it'll be a good'n.[/quote]
If you can't make it Al, can you organise a Lanc bash so I can come and check out your new pre-amp etc?

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='404284' date='Feb 9 2009, 01:34 PM']In It to Win It

These are the updated 28.4 names who have asked for stickers:
born2bmild
yorks5stringer
adrenochrome
Dr Dave
jake10floors
timloudon
William James Easton
Kirky
Toasted
Jim Fleeting
niceguyhomer
Argh
7string
Prosebass
Skelf
Funkmaster
davidlperry
greeneking
MikeyR
Casapete
Josn3184
Steve
Rhino
artisan
Monz
Al Heeley
AlphaDave
noisedude (90%)
wot (50%)

These are names who said they were interested: it would be helpful if you could please confirm if you are still coming!
MikeB
RayFW
EntropicLqd
Ant
Bassmanc
MrBassman[/quote]

Sticker for me please

Shall I bring an upright or two, or are you all batters?

Edited by Mr Bassman

[quote name='EntropicLqd' post='405354' date='Feb 10 2009, 02:03 PM']I'm still good to come. I won't get there before 13:00 though.

I'll bring my Shuker, my little GK combo, and my big red Boss effects pedal.

Could do with someone PM'ing me the location though (and maybe a google-map link). Otherwise I'll have to trawl through the whole thread trying to find it.[/quote]

Here you are then!

[url="http://www.manhattanentertainments.co.uk/index.php"]http://www.manhattanentertainments.co.uk/index.php[/url]

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='405252' date='Feb 10 2009, 12:24 PM']In It to Win It

These are the updated 29.4 names who have asked for stickers:
born2bmild
yorks5stringer
adrenochrome
Dr Dave
jake10floors
timloudon
William James Easton
Kirky
Toasted
Jim Fleeting
niceguyhomer
Argh
7string
Prosebass
Skelf
Funkmaster
davidlperry
greeneking
MikeyR
Casapete
Josn3184
Steve
Rhino
artisan
Monz
Al Heeley
AlphaDave
MrBassman
noisedude (90%)
wot (50%)

These are names who said they were interested: it would be helpful if you could please confirm if you are still coming!
MikeB
RayFW
EntropicLqd
Ant
Bassmanc[/quote]
Sorry guys. 15 year old son has a big footy match this Sunday so won't be able to make it. Parental responsibilities and all that.....

Maybe next time. Enjoy.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='405358' date='Feb 10 2009, 02:11 PM'][url="http://www.manhattanentertainments.co.uk/index.php"]http://www.manhattanentertainments.co.uk/index.php[/url][/quote]
Ta muchly. Best add me to the sticker list if you haven't already.

I'll also take a punt on the raffle on the day as well so don't draw without me ;)

In It to Win It

These are the updated 30.4 names who have asked for stickers:
born2bmild
yorks5stringer
adrenochrome
Dr Dave
jake10floors
timloudon
William James Easton
Kirky
Toasted
Jim Fleeting
niceguyhomer
Argh
7string
Prosebass
Skelf
Funkmaster
davidlperry
greeneking
MikeyR
Casapete
Josn3184
Steve
Rhino
artisan
Monz
Al Heeley
AlphaDave
MrBassman
EntropicLqd
noisedude (90%)
wot (50%)

MikeB
RayFW

Ant

Anyone coming by train, the nearest station is [b]Hornbeam Park[/b] and there's a neat shortcut that should make it only a 4 minute walk.

If you are coming from Leeds, go up the platform exit stairs to the road and turn RIGHT. If coming from York, go up exit stairs and turn LEFT and go over the bridge. Either way, you are on hookstone Road. Within 100 metres you'll see a footpath on the left. Go up the footpath and there's an exit on the right by the school. You are then about 50 yards from the [url="http://www.manhattanentertainments.co.uk/about.php"]Manhattan Snooker Club[/url].

See ya there!