Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash - 15th Feb '09 (NOON - 5 PM)

Born 2B Mild

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='375903' date='Jan 10 2009, 08:29 AM']Hope you can make it ...some fab gear you got listed there! ;)[/quote]

Yup, I'll be there. Petrol's much cheaper than it was so the wife and I will have a nice drive out for a day. I'll bring as many basses as I can.

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='378558' date='Jan 13 2009, 01:11 AM']Seeing as it's about three minutes from my house (depending on traffic lights) I'd better be there!
I've a jazz gig in Bradford in the evening if anyone wants to sit in.

Could possibly accomodate a freindly basschappie (if too drunk to drive home!)[/quote]
Glad your coming ...I missed the Baildon one, so please bring some of your nice basses again.

I'm playing in York that evening ...in case it's of use for a lift to anyone.

I'm walking past the venue this aft, so I've done a poster to drop off there. If anyone wants a copy to post up on their local music shop or whatever, PM me. I've done it on Powerpoint, and that's the way I'll have to send it, as I can't seem to convert it perfectly to pdf.

arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'll be in London-Huddersfield commute that day!

I wish I could present everyone with my 3 handmade Pierre Laporte (an amazing Montréal luthier) and have everyone's input on my question of the day: Eden Wt-400, Acoustic Image Focus 2r mk2 or Genz-Benz Shuttle 6.0... I own the 3 and will sell one...

Is there another plan later in the year?

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='347095' date='Dec 6 2008, 10:26 AM']As I have the time to do this, and following some encouragement from jake_tenfloors and Yorks5stringer, I am going ahead with sorting out a Yorkshire Bass Bash for February.

I have found a good venue in Harrogate. It is a snooker club which has an adjoining events hall. It has a bar, sandwiches, plenty of free parking, no stairs, and we can have it for free on Sundays, noon to 5pm. That's on the understanding that we leave it as we find it and he does some business over the bar (BigBeefChief – that’s your job).

The room itself is large and square. It is carpeted except for the wooden dance floor and stage. Gigs are held there. Tables and chairs can be put out whilst rigs can be set up around the edges.

So, the only thing to do is to agree a date.

Please do the old poll thing above.[/quote]

Hi,
Count me in for the 15th February - I would like to donate a prize for the raffle - namely a fretless Epiphone EB1 re-issue (2001)
in very good condition complete with Fender gig bag and strap.

See you on the 15th Feb.

Rhino.

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='378558' date='Jan 13 2009, 01:11 AM']Seeing as it's about three minutes from my house (depending on traffic lights) I'd better be there!
I've a jazz gig in Bradford in the evening if anyone wants to sit in.

Could possibly accomodate a freindly basschappie (if too drunk to drive home!)[/quote]
Hi,
I'll be coming to Harrogate from the Ilkley area, so anybody stuck for a lift either or both ways, is welcome.

Rhino.

[quote name='rhino' post='387523' date='Jan 21 2009, 02:04 PM']Hi,
Count me in for the 15th February - I would like to donate a prize for the raffle - namely a fretless Epiphone EB1 re-issue (2001)

See you on the 15th Feb.

Rhino.[/quote]

WOW! i'll be buying me some of them tickets!

[quote name='rhino' post='387523' date='Jan 21 2009, 02:04 PM']Hi,

See you on the 15th Feb.

Rhino.[/quote]
This is brilliant Rhino. Thank you so much!

Anyone else got owt to put in for other prizes? I've just tried the local music gear shop but they are [s]too stingy [/s]all sponsored out.

Hi Phil

I'll keep the ball rolling with a donation of a Coldheat [attachment=19096:pf_C2802.jpg] which is an ideal thing to have in your toolbox at a gig as it is cordless and has a light on the end too.(it's a cordless soldering "iron")

I'll also be bringing another 10 along that I've managed to source at a very good price, £6.99 each!

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='389649' date='Jan 23 2009, 03:11 PM']STICKER
Can I have JON (maybe in brackets) as well - I never really use my Avatar name and I'll forget who I'm supposed to be![/quote]

I see you're playing at the Crimea tonight - in which case you won't need a name sticker as we'll all recognise you from the full body cast and wheelchair !!!!!

However - 2 of us that have survived the Crimea - allbeit as bitter, broken men will be along to the bash and will both need a STICKER
(Dr) Dave and (Funkmaster) Dave

[quote name='Prosebass' post='389643' date='Jan 23 2009, 03:10 PM']hopefully I'll be able to fetch a few of my basses for trying out and for sale. I have a few really good bass books that I can donate to the raffle, The Bass Book, Entwhistles Bass collection etc if any use ?[/quote]
Cool!

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='389652' date='Jan 23 2009, 03:17 PM']I see you're playing at the Crimea tonight - in which case you won't need a name sticker as we'll all recognise you from the full body cast and wheelchair !!!!![/quote]

...rough gig at the Crimea Dave? We've always had a good gig there, mainly 'cos the punters always seem to like our set. I've never seen any trouble there yet either. House PA as well!

STICKER...and one for Jim too..but you knew that already!

(Names Ross)....Im also a veteran of the Crimea too..it closes forever at Aprils end.....Jimmys flogging it for flats (that means flattened) and trying to buy someplace else,with more space so he can do food.