Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash - 15th Feb '09 (NOON - 5 PM)

Born 2B Mild

STICKER I think, hoping to be in leeds that weekend so there's a chance I can pop in! Any other lefties coming? And I can bring one bass so does anyone have a preference?

Also, am I right in thinking that if you're on leeds road coming into harrogate you take a right down the road just before the saab garage on the right hand side and head down there to this place?

Josh

Edited by josh3184

I'm hoping to come along to this, what's the deal regarding 'security'? if we bring our gear along, and then leave it lying around while we're drooling at other peoples, how do we know some scrote (from the general public, not a forum member obviously) isn't going to nick something?

[quote name='steve' post='398041' date='Feb 2 2009, 04:28 PM']I'm hoping to come along to this, what's the deal regarding 'security'? if we bring our gear along, and then leave it lying around while we're drooling at other peoples, how do we know some scrote (from the general public, not a forum member obviously) isn't going to nick something?[/quote]

This was a concern of mine at the last Bash and it proved to be ill-founded and I suspect there will not be many people just wondering in off the streets at this one.

However at the risk of turning into Keith Lard (aka peter kay), H&S is everybody's responsibility so anyone not wearing a name badge is obviously a potential thief and should be challenged.......!

I know some other measures are going to be put in place but to publicise them on here would be rather self-defeating!

So, wear your badge with pride and remain vigilant!

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='steve' post='398041' date='Feb 2 2009, 04:28 PM']I'm hoping to come along to this, what's the deal regarding 'security'? if we bring our gear along, and then leave it lying around while we're drooling at other peoples, how do we know some scrote (from the general public, not a forum member obviously) isn't going to nick something?[/quote]

the club it is in is located in a quiet residential area away form town/general human traffic. however there is other people using the snooker club etc.
don't worry this is HARROGATE we have a higher class of criminal than you 'normys' around the rest of the country. ;)

Edited by William James Easton

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='398607' date='Feb 3 2009, 09:11 AM']This was a concern of mine at the last Bash and it proved to be ill-founded and I suspect there will not be many people just wondering in off the streets at this one.

However at the risk of turning into Keith Lard (aka peter kay), H&S is everybody's responsibility so anyone not wearing a name badge is obviously a potential thief and should be challenged.......!

I know some other measures are going to be put in place but to publicise them on here would be rather self-defeating!

So, wear you badge with pride and remain vigilant![/quote]

Cool, is there much for non interested wifes/kids to do in the immediate area? Mine seem to have got the idea that they're coming along too ;)

[quote name='William James Easton' post='398609' date='Feb 3 2009, 09:14 AM']the club it is in is located in a quiet residential area away form town/general human traffic. however there is other people using the snooker club etc.
don't worry this is HARROGATE we have a higher class of criminal than you 'normys' around the rest of the country. ;)[/quote]

being a manc, I'm use to complete low-lifes, it'll be to be mugged by a 'higher class of criminal' :P

Security is a good point.

Yes, the venue is tucked away, so passers bye are unlikely. Yes, there are members of the snooker club around within the building, but I dare say they'd give our room a wide berth. Yes stickers will help to identify legitimate visitors (thanks Yorks5stringer ...how many stickers have you got up to now?). And I'm in the same boat as you all ...got gear there and don't want it nicked.

For the Jim Fleeting talk, we may have to walk to another room BUT I will have family members pressganged in to guarding the hall that we are in, whilst that's on.

BTW the venue owner is keen to ensure that noise levels aren't so high as to upset the neighbours. Mind you, they do have gigs and discos regularly. Mind you, if it gets very loud it is not going to be healthy or enjoyable.

As for being near anywhere. It is near a park (but it's winter). Harrogate's very nice central shopping district is a good mile away. Personally, I recommend the Turkish Baths!

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='398739' date='Feb 3 2009, 11:36 AM']Security is a good point.

Yes, the venue is tucked away, so passers bye are unlikely. Yes, there are members of the snooker club around within the building, but I dare say they'd give our room a wide berth. Yes stickers will help to identify legitimate visitors (thanks Yorks5stringer ...how many stickers have you got up to now?). And I'm in the same boat as you all ...got gear there and don't want it nicked.

For the Jim Fleeting talk, we may have to walk to another room BUT I will have family members pressganged in to guarding the hall that we are in, whilst that's on.

BTW the venue owner is keen to ensure that noise levels aren't so high as to upset the neighbours. Mind you, they do have gigs and discos regularly. Mind you, if it gets very loud it is not going to be healthy or enjoyable.

As for being near anywhere. It is near a park (but it's winter). Harrogate's very nice central shopping district is a good mile away. Personally, I recommend the Turkish Baths![/quote]

I can't bloody wait for this!

however last time i met people off the internet there was screaming and woods and police.........oh the terror...

Edited by William James Easton

[quote name='timloudon' post='399564' date='Feb 3 2009, 11:25 PM']Is there anybody whole be able to give me a lift?

I expressed an interest earlier on in the thread. I live in Burley in Leeds, if anyone's passing close by.

What's this stickery crazyness?[/quote]
If no lift transpires, the venue is less than 5 minutes walk from Hornbeam Park rail station, which is on the line to Leeds via Burley Park. Hope you make it!

Hoping to have my Spector Euro 5LX with me c/w newly installed ACG02 preamp if anyone's interested in trying it.

I've got spare seats in my motor if anyone wants a lift. My route will be along the A59 from Preston all the way to Harrogate - I don't mind a small deviation from the route to pick someone up but no piss takers please ;) .

Edited by niceguyhomer

[quote name='William James Easton' post='398744' date='Feb 3 2009, 11:39 AM']however last time i met people off the internet there was screaming and woods and police.........oh the terror...[/quote]
That sounds well dodgy....I would keep illicit meetings in woods under your hat !
Did the Police catch you ? Were you put on trial ? Anything you wish to confess ? ;)

Ahem...moving on, look out for details shortly of the Prize Draw for an Epiphone EB1 and an Ashdown Wireless Unit.(both generously donated by Rhino)

Those of you unable to attend the Yorkshire Bass Bash on February 15th in Harrogate will be able to buy tickets [b]in advance [/b]with all proceeds going to Live Music Now.

We have set up a Just Giving web page that will also add Gift Aid to your donation.

Those who attend on the day can purchase tickets too and have an equal chance of winning with their donations being sent on to Live Music Now
Don't donate yet , I'll post a new message when all is in place!

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='399709' date='Feb 4 2009, 09:27 AM']Hoping to have my Spector Euro 5LX with me c/w newly installed ACG02 preamp if anyone's interested in trying it.

I've got spare seats in my motor if anyone wants a lift. My route will be along the A59 from Preston all the way to Harrogate - I don't mind a small deviation from the route to pick someone up but no piss takers please ;) .[/quote]
I'm SO looking forward to trying out your new pre-amp Al. I'm falling in love again with my Euro (I hadn't fallen out with it, just not used it for a while as I'm busier with my other band that i use my BB415 for) but I do find the [i]range [/i]of sounds from the Spector somewhat limited.

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='399751' date='Feb 4 2009, 10:14 AM']I'm SO looking forward to trying out your new pre-amp Al. I'm falling in love again with my Euro (I hadn't fallen out with it, just not used it for a while as I'm busier with my other band that i use my BB415 for) but I do find the [i]range [/i]of sounds from the Spector somewhat limited.[/quote]

We can sit down in a quiet (?) corner and try and work out how the f***ing thing works ;)

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='399766' date='Feb 4 2009, 10:28 AM'][b]In It to Win It[/b]

These are the 24 names who have asked for stickers:
born2bmild
yorks5stringer
adrenochrome
Dr Dave
jake10floors
timloudon
[b]Williamjameseaton[/b]
Kirky
Toasted
Jim Fleeting
niceguyhomer
Argh
7string
Prosebass
Skelf
Funkmaster
Stanrobinson
davidlperry
greeneking
MikeyR
Casapete
Josn3184
Steve
Rhino
These are names who said they were interested: it would be helpful if you could please confirm if you are still coming!
Monz
artisan
MikeB
RayFW
EntropicLqd
Ant
watersoftyne
noisedude
AlphaDave
Bassmanc
MrBassman[/quote]

Shocking!