Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash - 15th Feb '09 (NOON - 5 PM)

Born 2B Mild

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='347247' date='Dec 6 2008, 02:16 PM']Not sure when we're next due to play Harrogate Blues bar - but there's an outside chance I could tie this in for after the bash then anyone who wanted my job for a song or 2 could come have a jam with my band.[/quote]

Ha! First time I ever quoted myself !!!

That's not happening , sadly , but if anyone's coming up and staying over etc we are at the Coniston in Idle near Bradford the night before.

I'll be at the bash for sure - barring amputation/meteor strikes etc.

I had a good laugh last time and met some cool people, so although I don't have much to show off I may drive up and swoon over some other people's stuff.

Now if I could just find someone near Leeds with a Spector Euro 4-string so I could try before deciding whether to buy Warwickhunt's, my forum experience would be complete. :)

[quote name='Rusty Shackleford' post='364057' date='Dec 27 2008, 09:42 AM']if anybody's got a GK rig then please bring it along if they can. They are now on my 'If i don't get made redundant in 2009 i will be buying a new amp' list or I.I.D.G.M.R.I.0.9.I.W.B.B.A.N.A. for short[/quote]

It's the 400rb you mentioned in the amps thread - that's what I use. It's back into our millitary grade underground storage facility beneath the mountains of Ackworth nr Pontefract on the day of the bash but it will be in Idle with me the night before. If you can't wait that long sure I can have it back here in Wakefield and you can come and try it out.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='364081' date='Dec 27 2008, 10:28 AM']It's the 400rb you mentioned in the amps thread - that's what I use. It's back into our millitary grade underground storage facility beneath the mountains of Ackworth nr Pontefract on the day of the bash but it will be in Idle with me the night before. If you can't wait that long sure I can have it back here in Wakefield and you can come and try it out.[/quote]

WOW you are an very helpful human. more like you please. We'll see how it goes and i'll be touch.

Just a point to note chaps - this is the day after Valentine's day.

So - if you want to get a 24 hour pass from your loved one to devote to driving to Yorkshire and immersing yourself in all things bass, don't forget a card or flowers - or better still, both perhaps?

There will be no fingertsyle workouts on anyones g string upon your return if you don't play this one right I might suggest!

A

[quote name='The Admiral' post='364523' date='Dec 27 2008, 11:31 PM']Just a point to note chaps - this is the day after Valentine's day.

So - if you want to get a 24 hour pass from your loved one to devote to driving to Yorkshire and immersing yourself in all things bass, don't forget a card or flowers - or better still, both perhaps?

There will be no fingertsyle workouts on anyones g string upon your return if you don't play this one right I might suggest!

A[/quote]
What could be more romantic than a weekend in Harrogate? It fits!

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' post='364994' date='Dec 28 2008, 05:45 PM']Excellent! Where is the nearest car park, or is there plenty around the venue?[/quote]
Do come. Plenty of free parking around the venue, no stairs and there's a bar! [i]I think if Carlsberg organised Bass Bashes ... [/i]

Sunday 15th Feb 12 noon to 5PM.

The Manhattan Club, Harrogate.

Map etc on their website [url="http://www.manhattanentertainments.co.uk/index.php"]http://www.manhattanentertainments.co.uk/index.php[/url]

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='365019' date='Dec 28 2008, 06:19 PM']Do come. Plenty of free parking around the venue, no stairs and there's a bar! [i]I think if Carlsberg organised Bass Bashes ... [/i]

Sunday 15th Feb 12 noon to 5PM.

The Manhattan Club, Harrogate.

Map etc on their website [url="http://www.manhattanentertainments.co.uk/index.php"]http://www.manhattanentertainments.co.uk/index.php[/url][/quote]

I'm now trying to organise an appearance and may bring a bass collecting friend.
If I haven't sold my rig I may bring it along to see if anyone wants it (or parts of it!).
Otherwise it could be my cheeky 'new' Berg practice amp!

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='369782' date='Jan 4 2009, 11:08 AM']I know it's not ideal but any chance I could bring my eldest lad along?
It may be the only way I can get there for most of the afternoon.[/quote]
There are no restrictions, as the bar area/snooker club is seperate to our room. Young folk, WAGs/HABs and even gu*tarists are welcome!