Why become a member? ×

Musicman/Status stingray 5 'blue dawn'

Kev

You all know the bass. Rare 2001 sparkly 'blue dawn' stingray 5, a discontinued and sought after finish, which has been modded with the addition of a status-graphite neck. As iv said in several places on here, the difference is massive, it totally transformed the bass into probably the best i have played or heard. The neck is beautiful to play, and the added growl and punch is awesome. Sounds to me how a stingray should sound :) The bass is in great condition, very little surface scratching, and only 2 dings worth mentioning on the top horn, not visible from front or even back. Apart from the odd small scratch the neck is mint. Comes with the original case and strung with few month old elixer's, and il include a strap and battery.

I still have the maple/rosewood wooden neck for those who refuse to accept carbon is better:P That neck is also mint condition.

Prices:

Stingray with status neck: [s]£850[/s] now £800 including shipping

Stingray with original neck: [s]£800[/s] now £750 including shipping

Stingray with both necks: [s]£950[/s] now £910 including shipping

Pickup would be best really, i would adjust the prices accordingly.

No trades of equal value please, as said im looking to downgrade. Il happily consider a bass of lower value as part trade.

Lets try n keep this thread clean please :huh:

Pics:

And wooden necked...

More pics here: [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/29516223@N06"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/29516223@N06[/url]

Thanks, Kev

Edited by Kev

depends how much i sell the bass with wooden neck for.

i should add that the original wooden neck has the original musicman tuners/string tree, whilst the status neck is fitted with unknown tuners/string tree, as i bought it :)

Edited by Kev

Kev, don't worry about student debts. You can't avoid them. Keep the bass otherwise that £900 will disappear really quickly and you will end up still in debt but without a bass.

If you truly think it is the best bass you have played, save yourself money in the long run and keep hold of it...

ped

[quote name='ped' post='341138' date='Nov 30 2008, 02:12 PM']Kev, don't worry about student debts. You can't avoid them. Keep the bass otherwise that £900 will disappear really quickly and you will end up still in debt but without a bass.

If you truly think it is the best bass you have played, save yourself money in the long run and keep hold of it...

ped[/quote]

+1

keep hold of it Kev!

you'll regret getting rid of it man!!

Kev, DON'T DO IT! I did they same thing with a black 76 Thunderbird and my old Jaydee, once they're gone, that's it.
As Ped said, the money you get from this will vanish, ask Mum and Dad or whoever for a top up for a little while.
Are you working at the moment, you could earn £950 behind a bar in the weeks leading up to and including Christmas and New Year, inc tips, thats how I paid for my Jaydee, while I was also working a 9 till 5 (bar rates back in 1986 were a lot lower, so more like 3 months). :huh: Although I would hate to work behind a bar now serving Flaming Sambukas and Tizers to coked up kids. :)
If you do get another job, you can get a nice amp in the new year and join a cool band and play some great gigs with your lovely bass, it's all gravy in the end, that's why we do it.

Edited by steve-soar

all good advice (well, most), i think i'll just see how it goes and see what cheaper replacement basses there are, i know il regret it, but theres no point in buying a ferrari to drive to work.

had several pm's, working through replies now, cheers