Why become a member? ×

Spector fans!?!

thundachopz

1 minute ago, miles'tone said:

Anyone here own or played a NS Pulse 2? They look like they're a lot of bass for the money...

Yep, I have one in ultraviolet. Beautiful bass, lush roasted maple neck and classic Spector tones from the EMGs etc.

To my mind they're the best all round 'value for money' Spectors you can currently buy...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cetera said:

Yep, I have one in ultraviolet. Beautiful bass, lush roasted maple neck and classic Spector tones from the EMGs etc.

To my mind they're the best all round 'value for money' Spectors you can currently buy...

Thanks. I think... I don't need one but I keep going back to look! 😄

The necks do look fabulous. A pleasant handful no doubt.

• Like 1

I am thinking of getting a Euro 5 LX and I have one question for you Spector experts out there. Can anyone tell me if the standard Euro 5 LX with the EMG soapbars and Tonepump has the option to split the coils to single coil mode? I've seen a few videos of the LX 6 where the reviewers say you can do this, but none for the 5, and I can't see any information about it on the Spector website either. 

Many thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, Belka said:

I am thinking of getting a Euro 5 LX and I have one question for you Spector experts out there. Can anyone tell me if the standard Euro 5 LX with the EMG soapbars and Tonepump has the option to split the coils to single coil mode? I've seen a few videos of the LX 6 where the reviewers say you can do this, but none for the 5, and I can't see any information about it on the Spector website either. 

Many thanks in advance.

Calling @cetera

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

neither the Euro 5LX or Euro 6LX are listed as having a split coil option. I see mention of people having that put in, but not from the factory.

EMG 40DC (5 string) and the 45DC (6 string) are not splittable pickups.

Would have to change the pickups to a different model to get splits.

I tried to have a look on the EMG website but for some reason my browser security is clocking it for an invalid response at the moment.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Belka said:

Many thanks in advance.

I believe you need the Euro 5LX-TW version which has splitable coils. One like this: https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Spector-Euro-5-LX-TW-Black-Cherry/art-BAS0003484-000

See either the TW or TWX pickups here: https://www.emg-pickupsonline.co.uk/category/bass/soap-bars/5-string-soap-bars/

Edited by cetera
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cetera said:

I believe you need the Euro 5LX-TW version which has splitable coils. One like this: https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Spector-Euro-5-LX-TW-Black-Cherry/art-BAS0003484-000

See either the TW or TWX pickups here: https://www.emg-pickupsonline.co.uk/category/bass/soap-bars/5-string-soap-bars/

Great - thanks for answering so quickly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/02/2023 at 12:40, Belka said:

Many thanks in advance.

Yes, mine has single and dual coil pull/push switch. I get a really nice crisp tone / greater clarity in single coil mode. Just checked and as @cetera said, it did indeed come loaded with EMG 40TWs.

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Spector fans, here is a very nice 2003 Spector Euro in Amber. Excellent condition and a good price too.

Can someone please buy it before I break my "selling is the new buying" mantra? 😉

Here is the link (not my bass and no affiliation): https://www.andybaxterbass.com/collections/bass-guitars/products/2003-spector-euro-4-amber 

IMG_1910.thumb.webp.0f33a297b46f4853ebea81db31ee0800.webp

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Spector fans, here is a very nice 2003 Spector Euro in Amber. Excellent condition and a good price too.

Can someone please buy it before I break my "selling is the new buying" mantra? 😉

Here is the link (not my bass and no affiliation): https://www.andybaxterbass.com/collections/bass-guitars/products/2003-spector-euro-4-amber 

IMG_1910.thumb.webp.0f33a297b46f4853ebea81db31ee0800.webp

Come on, you know that the "buying is the new selling" at least here on BC 😄 

Seems like a good deal with the color and the condition, and unlike decribed in the page this has full maple wings, not alder back. 

If I was a 4 string player and lived in GB I'd buy it in a hearbeat, these don't come up often and certainly not in a package like this. 

Bit surprised by the TonePump, haven't seen these in such early Euros (mostly Aggie OBPs and EMG BTCs)

33 minutes ago, Paulhauser said:

Come on, you know that the "buying is the new selling" at least here on BC 😄 

Seems like a good deal with the color and the condition, and unlike decribed in the page this has full maple wings, not alder back. 

If I was a 4 string player and lived in GB I'd buy it in a hearbeat, these don't come up often and certainly not in a package like this. 

Bit surprised by the TonePump, haven't seen these in such early Euros (mostly Aggie OBPs and EMG BTCs)

"buying is the new selling" - I like that one more than my mantra. Maybe I should give it a try 😉 

Yes, you are right, solid maple wings, even more tempted now. 

Does it have the TonePump? I cannot see the control cavity. Maybe it has the Aguilar OBP-1 that they used between 01 and 03. The first version of the Tonepump started in 03 but I don't now if there was a transition period (i.e., they switched to the TP sometime during 03).

It is a bit heavy though (4.37kg), although I am only playing sitting down anyway. Man, I am tempted 😍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

"buying is the new selling" - I like that one more than my mantra. Maybe I should give it a try 😉 

Yes, you are right, solid maple wings, even more tempted now. 

Does it have the TonePump? I cannot see the control cavity. Maybe it has the Aguilar OBP-1 that they used between 01 and 03. The first version of the Tonepump started in 03 but I don't now if there was a transition period (i.e., they switched to the TP sometime during 03).

It is a bit heavy though (4.37kg), although I am only playing sitting down anyway. Man, I am tempted 😍

Do it 😉