Jump to content
rubis

New TC Electronic heads

Recommended Posts

I like the way they quote that the maximum power is "independent of limiters and driver protection circuits". I wonder why they feel the need?

 

That looks like an epic head. For the price, size and weight of a decent DI box you can get a DI box with a free 3 band eq and >=200W amp. Thats a win.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Paul S said:

£113.11 pre-order at Thomann.

Edit - i don't suppose there are many amps you can buy at Thomann and then have to add something else to get free shipping!

I stand corrected. Thinking  about it I was comparing  it to things like the ELF which they seem to have copied with a cradle in the top of the cab too. Crazy price mind, even at 100 watts its worth having for a backup.

Edited by yorks5stringer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the speaker it isn't that cheap when you consider that the BG250 208 is £250 with a 2x8 built in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

With the speaker it isn't that cheap when you consider that the BG250 208 is £250 with a 2x8 built in

True - but two cabs plus the amp would make for a sweet mini stack :D

Checking out the footprint of the new 2x8 cab and BG250-208 - the combo is about 3cm wider and slightly deeper, so not sure how nicely the combo would stack with an extra cab.
My BG250-208 sits quite nicely on top of my Ampeg SVT210AV though :) (I think it's the only BG250 series combo with a speaker out too...)

Also, looking at the pics of the 208 cab - there's no pass-through or in/out jacks for creating a stack, and I can't imagine the BAM200 would have two outputs, so you'd need some fancy cable to drive two cabs... hmmm.

Edited by anzoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For just over £100, I'm tempted to get a BAM as a backup. Shame it's not green like the Elf but we might see the Elf come down in price now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Linus27 said:

For just over £100, I'm tempted to get a BAM as a backup. Shame it's not green like the Elf but we might see the Elf come down in price now.

For just over £100 you can afford a tin of green spray paint!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/02/2019 at 20:46, Linus27 said:

For just over £100, I'm tempted to get a BAM as a backup. Shame it's not green like the Elf but we might see the Elf come down in price now.

Think hard about this Michael.. Would an amp like this actually work as a back up if you needed it? Considering the gigs you are playing id say it would be a waste of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Think hard about this Michael.. Would an amp like this actually work as a back up if you needed it? Considering the gigs you are playing id say it would be a waste of time.

True. I was kind of just thinking, if for whatever reason main amp went pop on the night, for £100 and the size and output, it might just get me out of a hole. It would probably sit in my gig bag and never be used but if it's there then at least the show can go on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/02/2019 at 17:11, Linus27 said:

True. I was kind of just thinking, if for whatever reason main amp went pop on the night, for £100 and the size and output, it might just get me out of a hole. It would probably sit in my gig bag and never be used but if it's there then at least the show can go on.

You are somewhere that you don't need to explain a sudden desire to possess something which will be of no practical use whatsoever, simply because you are attracted to it. I'd rather like one, and a Trace ELF, despite having an Ashdown MiBass and a MarkBass 250 as backup amps already.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Been struggling to find out from online spec:

  • whether this is 200W at 8 ohm or 4 ohm;
  • what its actual dimensions are?

Anyone managed to find out?

Image result for tc bam

Edited by Al Krow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting for the BAM200 to come out as I'm after a small back up amp head to keep in my gig bag so if my Hartke HA5500 goes down, then I have something still. Also, I will use it with some 1x10 cab for when I do acoustic gigs and will mean I can sell my Fender Rumble 100 combo. They appear to be selling for about £110 and if you look at this video, it appears to be about the size of an adult hand so very small. My understanding is they are 200 watts at 4 ohms.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So nearer 130W with a standard 8ohm cab. Not gonna cut it as a back up for me... 😔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

So nearer 130W with a standard 8ohm cab. Not gonna cut it as a back up for me... 😔

I'm hoping it will be ok for me as a back up to my main rig as it will run at 4 ohms and for acoustic, my Fender Rumble is 100 watts so plenty to cover that. The other option is the TC BH250 which is still small and 250 watts at 4 ohms. I think these are about £180 new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Linus27 said:

I'm hoping it will be ok for me as a back up to my main rig as it will run at 4 ohms and for acoustic, my Fender Rumble is 100 watts so plenty to cover that. The other option is the TC BH250 which is still small and 250 watts at 4 ohms. I think these are about £180 new.

I think if I was stepping up to a BH250, I'd then be tempted to go the whole hog and get a RH750. You see how it starts don't you? 😂

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's also a shame that they didn't include an aux in - for £110 this would have been a good value little headphone amp.

Edited by Al Krow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been going downwards with power. My main amp is a rh450 but I also take out the ashdown ctm 100. It’s quieter but certainly never been too quiet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Little Dragon said:

Seems like it's expected delivery date at Gear4Music has moved back to August!

Yeah I noticed that 😓

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thought I’d share with you guys 

 

i bought a BQ500 couple of months ago to use as a back up and as a mini rig for where I can’t lug around the big amp.

my main rig is an Ampeg SVT and 610 barefaced cab.

As my mini rig I’ve got the bq500 paired with a barefaced super compact 1x12. I run the amp flat and have a VT bass pedal that I use to get a remarkably close tone to my normal rig. (I a/b’d them with a lien selector until they were similar)

obviously the SVT is amazing but for the gigs where it won’t fit in the car with all the other stuff, where there’s stairs or even just practices. It is amazing and it small enough to fit in my backpack of stuff!

 

0969FA29-DE98-4FB3-8E0D-883C12F035AC.thumb.jpeg.033e5df9719e19287205f5bb4a3157ad.jpeg

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, simon88wilson said:

Just thought I’d share with you guys 

 

i bought a BQ500 couple of months ago to use as a back up and as a mini rig for where I can’t lug around the big amp.

my main rig is an Ampeg SVT and 610 barefaced cab.

As my mini rig I’ve got the bq500 paired with a barefaced super compact 1x12. I run the amp flat and have a VT bass pedal that I use to get a remarkably close tone to my normal rig. (I a/b’d them with a lien selector until they were similar)

obviously the SVT is amazing but for the gigs where it won’t fit in the car with all the other stuff, where there’s stairs or even just practices. It is amazing and it small enough to fit in my backpack of stuff!

 

0969FA29-DE98-4FB3-8E0D-883C12F035AC.thumb.jpeg.033e5df9719e19287205f5bb4a3157ad.jpeg

 

 

I used the BH250 with a super compact and it was great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...