Why become a member? Read more... ×
Basschat podcast: Episode 3 Read more... ×
rubis

New TC Electronic heads

I like the way they quote that the maximum power is "independent of limiters and driver protection circuits". I wonder why they feel the need?

That looks like an epic head. For the price, size and weight of a decent DI box you can get a DI box with a free 3 band eq and >=200W amp. Thats a win.

13 hours ago, Paul S said:

£113.11 pre-order at Thomann.

Edit - i don't suppose there are many amps you can buy at Thomann and then have to add something else to get free shipping!

I stand corrected. Thinking  about it I was comparing  it to things like the ELF which they seem to have copied with a cradle in the top of the cab too. Crazy price mind, even at 100 watts its worth having for a backup.

Edited by yorks5stringer

With the speaker it isn't that cheap when you consider that the BG250 208 is £250 with a 2x8 built in

2 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

With the speaker it isn't that cheap when you consider that the BG250 208 is £250 with a 2x8 built in

True - but two cabs plus the amp would make for a sweet mini stack :D

Checking out the footprint of the new 2x8 cab and BG250-208 - the combo is about 3cm wider and slightly deeper, so not sure how nicely the combo would stack with an extra cab.
My BG250-208 sits quite nicely on top of my Ampeg SVT210AV though :) (I think it's the only BG250 series combo with a speaker out too...)

Also, looking at the pics of the 208 cab - there's no pass-through or in/out jacks for creating a stack, and I can't imagine the BAM200 would have two outputs, so you'd need some fancy cable to drive two cabs... hmmm.

Edited by anzoid

For just over £100, I'm tempted to get a BAM as a backup. Shame it's not green like the Elf but we might see the Elf come down in price now.

1 hour ago, Linus27 said:

For just over £100, I'm tempted to get a BAM as a backup. Shame it's not green like the Elf but we might see the Elf come down in price now.

For just over £100 you can afford a tin of green spray paint!

• Haha 3

On 13/02/2019 at 20:46, Linus27 said:

Think hard about this Michael.. Would an amp like this actually work as a back up if you needed it? Considering the gigs you are playing id say it would be a waste of time.

2 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Think hard about this Michael.. Would an amp like this actually work as a back up if you needed it? Considering the gigs you are playing id say it would be a waste of time.

True. I was kind of just thinking, if for whatever reason main amp went pop on the night, for £100 and the size and output, it might just get me out of a hole. It would probably sit in my gig bag and never be used but if it's there then at least the show can go on.

On 15/02/2019 at 17:11, Linus27 said:

True. I was kind of just thinking, if for whatever reason main amp went pop on the night, for £100 and the size and output, it might just get me out of a hole. It would probably sit in my gig bag and never be used but if it's there then at least the show can go on.

You are somewhere that you don't need to explain a sudden desire to possess something which will be of no practical use whatsoever, simply because you are attracted to it. I'd rather like one, and a Trace ELF, despite having an Ashdown MiBass and a MarkBass 250 as backup amps already.

• Haha 1