Why become a member? ×

Simnett 4 String Fretless - Piezo Only, 32'' Scale (SOLD)
£850

Simo

I built this bass last year and it was briefly advertised for sale, before I decided that I couldn’t part with it and kept it for myself! It’s almost exactly 1 year old and has had VERY little use.. no scratches, dents, marks, etc. It looks and plays like as good as new. The photos below were taken today.. to see the original photo gallery click HERE

Please Note: As you’ll see from the photos, the Limba body has a small bark inclusion (the dark line on the top edge). This is a natural ‘defect’ and doesn’t affect the instrument in any way.

The price includes a Thomann flight case.

32'' scale, lined fretless fingerboard with 22 positions.
Burr English Walnut top, chambered White Limba body, Maple and Black Limba neck, Ebony fingerboard with Maple fret lines.
Schaller bridge (19mm spacing) with piezo saddles, John East buffer with volume and tone control.
Hipshot Ultralite tuners, Dunlop Flush Mount strap locks.
Ebony knobs, Luminlay side dots, Ebony nut, stainless steel neck bolts.
D'addario tapewound strings.
Finished in Liberon Finishing Oil

You’re welcome to try out the bass in person, please get in touch via PM or email to discuss a suitable date/time. I’m based in Burntwood, Staffordshire.

UK delivery is £25 with UPS (fully insured). Please allow 2-3 days for delivery.

Worldwide shipping is available, please contact me for a quote.

SOLD

zE2xkx.jpg

agC0iH.jpg

ztXP5v.jpg

uSWi2k.jpg

vyxFrN.jpg

DAF2rj.jpg

Edited by Simo

2 hours ago, therealting said:

Do you have any sound clips?

The video below shows a mate of mine (who normally plays fretted basses) having a quick mess around on the bass when it was first built last year. It's plugged into my little EBS combo, with the audio recorded by just the camera mic only.. so it's not the best sounding recording, it doesn't pick up the low end very well at all.

If you go to https://www.simnettguitars.com/4string/ and scroll down, you'll find a sound clip featuring a 32'' fretless I've previously made, which has a very similar spec to this. That recording should give you a more accurate idea of the sort of tone it produces.

Bump.. still available.

I've had several questions about shipping costs to various countries.. I'm happy send to the majority of European countries for the same rate as UK delivery (£25), including insurance, etc. Postage outside of the EU will be slightly more expensive, but I'll do my best to make it affordable. Feel free to get in touch for a quote.

I should also mention I'm not looking for any trades.

5 hours ago, MWH said:

Great,   just need to rob a smaller bank !,  as a matter of eInthusiastic  interest,  how do folk pay for things through this site ?

If I can meet up it's pound notes (remember them?) if not I do a bank transfer from my account to the recipient, straightforward and quick, works for me ;)