Jump to content
scrumpymike

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2018!! 08/04/2018

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

Thanks Rich - you beat me to it!!  Will you be able to lend a hand as you did last time?

Certainly will -- and I'm hoping to have two working hands this time too! xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rich said:

Certainly will -- and I'm hoping to have two working hands this time too! xD 

Thanks mate - glad to hear you're double-handed now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Evil Undead said:

I’d like to come along this time, never been to a bass bash!

Do it! :)

Maybe it'll help with your tone quest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s due time I went to one of these, especially when it’s this close to Bridgwater. 

Hopefully I’ll be driving before April so I should be able to get there without any issue :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike,  it takes a lot of rime efffort and money tou raganise a bash.Shall we start paying to ease the financial incentive burden?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

Mike,  it takes a lot of rime efffort and money tou raganise a bash.Shall we start paying to ease the financial incentive burden?

 

Thanks very much for the thought and, yes please (I've already paid for the hall hire).  Entrance price including food & drink will be the same as last year at £10.  Could those who are happy to pay now pls pm me and I'll reply with payment details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

Done, hope that helps,

Thanks mate - and also to others who've paid.  Could still do with a few more pls :|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PM me the payment details Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Intrigued as this is not too far from me - what can a novice bass basher expect (no secrect handshakes I hope)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, paddy109 said:

Intrigued as this is not too far from me - what can a novice bass basher expect (no secrect handshakes I hope)?

No, but there will be  comparing of  foot tattoos! 

Novice or Expert it does not matter, with gear or not, again not an issue. Look back at  last years photos (should be under ditto title 2017) and see what went on. Great food, Basses and the friendliest bunch of Bassists this side of the Quantocks. Did I mention the Prize Raffle...? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yorks5stringer said:

No, but there will be  comparing of  foot tattoos! 

Novice or Expert it does not matter, with gear or not, again not an issue. Look back at  last years photos (should be under ditto title 2017) and see what went on. Great food, Basses and the friendliest bunch of Bassists this side of the Quantocks. Did I mention the Prize Raffle...? 

+1 - there's something for everybody in a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere.  Come and have a look at what's on offer - best part is a large amount of it's edible :D

Edited by scrumpymike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paddy109 said:

Intrigued as this is not too far from me - what can a novice bass basher expect (no secrect handshakes I hope)?

Bass bashes are very relaxed events - this one especially! Ability and experience makes no difference neither does gear, nobody judges. Folk take all sorts of gear to these events and it is a great opportunity to try out different kit and stuff you don't often see in normal music shops. This bash also has the bonus of great food - not to be missed! If it is close to you then come along - I'm sure you will enjoy it. Cheers, Jez

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

No, but there will be  comparing of  foot tattoos! 

Novice or Expert it does not matter, with gear or not, again not an issue. Look back at  last years photos (should be under ditto title 2017) and see what went on. Great food, Basses and the friendliest bunch of Bassists this side of the Quantocks. Did I mention the Prize Raffle...? 

 

1 hour ago, scrumpymike said:

+1 - there's something for everybody in a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere.  Come and have a look at what's on offer - best part is a large amount of it's edible :D

Guys, I’m sold. Gear, food, foot tattoos, raffle and chance to meet someone else who plays bass - what’s not to like!

Just one thing, am I likely to return home and inform the wife “I really need to buy............” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, paddy109 said:

 

Guys, I’m sold. Gear, food, foot tattoos, raffle and chance to meet someone else who plays bass - what’s not to like!

Just one thing, am I likely to return home and inform the wife “I really need to buy............” 

Oh yeah, there is that problem.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

Oh yeah, there is that problem.....

Always come home with that particular problem! xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...