Sign in to follow this  
lukeward2004

Envelope filter with a reverse sweep?

Anyone know of any?

I have a robotalk filter that sounds awesome but I quite like the sound of a reverse sweep, imagine a kind of "ow" type sound without the typical "mwah" you get from a filter. Something like the old muttons used to do but not costing a zillion £££.

Oh, and preferably one that doesn't suck the life out of your low end.

Go!

Glou-glou fx and 3leaf both have sweeps up and down. Yes they can be spendy but you can rent them now. That way you can try them first.

The downsweep on the old big box Q Tron is as close as you can get to a Mu Tron downsweep without spending big bucks. Though I'm not sure what the new version Q Tron's are like. The Enigma Q Balls can also cop that sound and more with a little tweaking. The Mu-fx Micro Tron III is also out 1st August and that could be the one to beat if you are willing to splash out a bit more.

Edited by Bo0tsy

Chunk Systems Agent 00Funk will do that, as will an EHX Bass micro synth if you set it right.

I'm selling a big box Q-Tron and also about to list a VFE Mini Mu... Both do a great down sweep.

Edited by dannybuoy

Maxon AF-9. Closest thing I've found to an original Mutron III. Currently pretty cheap at GAK and Anderton's too. They used to be around the £200 mark!

My VB99 has a Mutron III type filter with a down sweep. I haven't really played with it yet but I know you were looking into the Roland at one point... nice to hear from you, hope all is well :)

If you don't want to spend a lot of cash keep your current filter and add a used EHX Bassballs to the collection. Used without the OD it puts out a decent down sweep sound. If you want a one solution pedal i can't say enough good things about 3Leaf, i've had them all and still prefer my MK1 3Leaf Groove Regulator, sounds amazing!

Moog MF-101 can do it if you make up a TRS lead that swaps over polarity. You take the lead from Env out to Cut off CV in.

Shameless plug.....I just put my emma discumbobulator on the clasifieds if anybody is interested?