Why become a member? ×

Fun at The Bass Cellar

doctor_of_the_bass

+1 for V&R and Wunjo's from me. Nothing but polite service, including after-sales service in the case of V&R and my Les Paul.

Didnt think much of the other places I must say, although one down the road (Macaris?) were a fine bunch of chaps and let me try out what I fancied.

i went to the big music store in birmingham, the one opposite new street station, recently.

i couldn't believe how friendly and helpful the bloke was. he was letting me try everything and saying "if you didnt like that, why not try this"

what a diamond of a bloke.

he didn't hover around, stare and make you feel uncomfortable as you play like alot of people do in shops, obviously all the guitarists were staring, but the guy just buggered off and let me get on with it. thats what i like.

[quote name='MythSte' post='321352' date='Nov 3 2008, 09:32 PM']I work in Bargain Booze, and ive managed to talk to three people about my bass gear so far. i should well work in a bass shop!

Seriously though, Basschat should open a bass shop. One in manchester and one in london. We'd own the world.[/quote]

If I had enough money, I would!

[quote name='MythSte' post='321352' date='Nov 3 2008, 09:32 PM']I work in Bargain Booze, and ive managed to talk to three people about my bass gear so far. i should well work in a bass shop!

Seriously though, Basschat should open a bass shop. One in manchester and one in london. We'd own the world.[/quote]

Nah, Blackpool not Manchester :)

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='321990' date='Nov 4 2008, 05:38 PM'][quote name='MythSte' post='321352' date='Nov 3 2008, 09:32 PM']
If I had enough money, I would!
[/quote]
But the name "The Bass Fence" might attract the wrong sort of customers...

[quote name='budget bassist' post='322818' date='Nov 5 2008, 05:23 PM']Which one is wunjos? is it the one with the sid vicious precision?[/quote]

Wunjos is next door to Boogie (if that what it's still called), with the music book/sheet music place on the other side. Or two doors to the left of the Bass Cellar, to put it another way.

They don't have a huge bass selection, but do get some nice oddities in there.

[quote name='Funkmaster' post='322934' date='Nov 5 2008, 08:04 PM']I think Music Ground have the Sid Vicious Precison - I seem to remember it was in their Leeds shop at one time.[/quote]
Yeah,its where I tried it,well,picked it up...I dont recall Sid playing it in any pics.

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='323100' date='Nov 5 2008, 11:46 PM']I can't believe you have all been taken in by the Bass Cellar. It's not a real shop. ([i]whispers a clue[/i]... Illya Kuryakin, Mr Waverley, Napoleon Solo ...comprendez?) :brow:[/quote]

Dd that already ,,,, :)

I agree with others that Wunjo is easily the best shop in Denmark street but... they had a [b]Kay bass in there for £315[/b] last time I went in!
I mean, come on guys... they used to coast £25 from Woolworths in the seventies and were an absolute laughing stock back then. Surely they can't be vintage???

You just don't get it, do you?

Those Kay basses were complete crap. So most of them got chucked in skips over the years. That means the few survivors are now [i]rare[/i].

They made them in the 70's. That was a long time ago. Especially if you were there at the time ( :) ). That means basses from then are [i]vintage[/i].

Any bass that is [i]vintage[/i] and [i]rare[/i] is worth £££'s.

Or perhaps [size=6]£££'s[/size].

OK?

:brow: