Why become a member? ×

TOP THREE!

Cabal

top three eh??

erm...

mark king: just the best. he plays better than anyone else, and then makes it even better by singing over the top of it too :)
stanley clarke: brilliant fingerstyle player, not keen on his slap technique though (dont know why?)
marcus miller: i like his name :huh: lol, nah his playing is great his solo on teen town is fab..

and me: i love my sound, but not my playing

marcus

[quote name='simon1964' post='313123' date='Oct 23 2008, 05:15 PM']But very pleased Colin Moulding has had a vote above - he would be number 4 and is very underrated IMO[/quote]

Ditto. XTC are pound for pound the best band the UK has ever produced. IMO of course. Colin and JJ are the reason I started playing in the early 80s.

Bruce Foxton - The Jam

James Jamerson - No explanation needed

Mike Rutherford - Genesis before they went pop

[quote name='kennyrodg' post='313086' date='Oct 23 2008, 04:37 PM']3 marlowe dk :huh:[/quote]

I don't think you're taking the P :) This guy is absolutely astonishing. I've only seen him doing covers on you tube but he just nails the groove so well and his technique and timing is an education.

1. Victor Wooten
2. Tal Wilkenfeld
3. Hadrian Feraud

As Stanley Clarke said in a recent interview, Victor Wooten is the most complete player on the planet.

Tal Wilkenfled has just the most gorgeous feel & sound. Almost perfection without too much flashness.

Hadrien Feraud has the most peerlessly seamless technique I've ever seen.

Rich.

Jamerson, Zender, Flea. Boring and predictable now perhaps, but all of them were innovators and cool as f**k. Feel guilty about Entwhistle but, with the exception of one ot two bits of magic, he's just too complex for the majority of the songs. Whereas Flea's, Zender's and Jamerson's lines made the songs, Entwhistle's detracted from them, Great technician but not a great musician...
C