Why become a member? ×

A Gas Free Christmas?

Pinball

I'm feeling strangley gas free this Christmas...I have been swapping and trying different basses regulary over the last 5 years and all of a sudden seem to have settled into Stiingray 5's and G&L's. Even though I will still sell and swap the odd one I am strangely GAS free. Could this be the end of searching and swapping?

I went though the same with Electric and acoustic guitars but am pretty settled on that front too.

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1482536640' post='3201394']
I'm feeling strangley gas free this Christmas...I have been swapping and trying different basses regulary over the last 5 years and all of a sudden seem to have settled into Stiingray 5's and G&L's. Even though I will still sell and swap the odd one I am strangely GAS free. Could this be the end of searching and swapping?

I went though the same with Electric and acoustic guitars but am pretty settled on that front too.
[/quote]

I think it can be like that, you have to get through a few to make sure your not missing out on anything :) at least that's me.
I think I'm also pretty settled with my basses at the moment as well,
Not sure if it will strike again tho,

I'm feeling strangley gas free this Christmas...
[/quote]

Ahaaaa, You clearly haven't had the brussel sprout course yet. That or you've not started fracking yet. Excuse me, I have someone on the other line.......

[long pause whilst listening to caller]

Oh. THAT GAS. Well done, carry on.

Some other thoughts about my "keepers".....
1. They are all in the £500-£1000 used price range. I clearly don't need to spend more to be happy
2. All except for one (A G&L SB-2, which is a pretty basic bass) have one pickup
3. I could be happy with 3 basses, Note: I currently have more as I switch between 4 and 5 string and a fretless

Another GAS free person here. It is a strange feeling. I don't scrutinise the classifieds anymore - just a cursory glance. Maybe, in the new year, I won't even look! All I want to do at the moment is 'tinker' with the basses I have.

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1482537972' post='3201403']
i have no desire to buy bass stuff now... or any music stuff anymore..... does that make me a bad person?
[/quote]

Yes, you're destroying the economy :lol:

Or, as Modern Toss put it:

I've been feeling fairly GAS free for a couple of months now to the point where I've actually found myself actively seeking out something to GAS for because it feels a bit weird. I even tried Gassing for a T-Bird for a bit but my heart wasn't really in it.

My amp and cabs are as compact and lightweight as I need them to be while keeping a big sound.
My pedal board does everything I need it to and I'm happy with every pedal on it.
I now have a P a J and a Ray so feel I'm pretty well covered there for tones.
The only thing I guess you could say I have GAS for now is a triple Hercules guitar stand to replace the double I have currently so I can have the P, J and Ray all on one stand on stage. I have reason to believe my wife has bought me one for my birthday in January though so that doesn't leave me much.

If anyone has and GAS suggestions for me I'd be happy to hear them :).

[/quote]

That's because you have reached the pinnacle if basses 😄