Why become a member? ×

Clip on tuner bargain heads up - £2!

casapete

I ordered one of these on the 9th and it arrived this morning.

The good - Specs say is is good down to A0 (27 Hz) and it had no problem with my open E string. Tuning seems as accurate as the other cheap-ish clip on tuners I have used.
The not-so-good. It has one button - on/off and no obvious way to change the tuning from concert pitch, which is what I assume it is set to. This may not be of concern for most users.
The even less-good. It feels pretty cheap and the swivel is not terribly well designed. I would guess this or the battery contact will die at some point.

But, it was £2, it showed up, and it works. So I would still call that a bargain. It's at least good enough to be a backup.

MIne turned up, it lights up in pretty colours when switched on so I'm delighted with it. It's a bonus that it seems to be a perfectly functional tuner as well.

I did find the battery cover to be very stiff to remove and it looks incredibly flimsy too. Don't think it'll handle abuse well.

All three of mine arrived this morning, had to sign for the package. The build quality isn't as good as my Snark - more plasticky and less rubbery - but overall not too bad. The battery cover is fiddly - FYI to undo it you have to turn it clockwise, which of course goes against years of knowing it should be the opposite.

There is only one button - press to switch on, press again to toggle to your instrument of choice, 'B' being the obvious setting. In operation the tuner functions well and is accurate, or at least as accurate as my Snark, my Korg Clip and my FZone tuner pedal. I really like the colour LCD display and the 'clock-hand' pointer, which makes the actual tuning very easy.

I also like the clip, which has a very strong spring. Too many clip-ons have weak springs. However I was unable to rotate the display to where I would have liked it (I prefer to mount the tuner behind the headstock), but using the thing on its side is no big hardship. In all I like it and it was definitely worth two quid - as of today anyway, if it suddenly goes tits-up I'll let you know. :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1474372675' post='3137442']
All three of mine arrived this morning, had to sign for the package. The build quality isn't as good as my Snark - more plasticky and less rubbery - but overall not too bad. The battery cover is fiddly - FYI to undo it you have to turn it clockwise, which of course goes against years of knowing it should be the opposite.

There is only one button - press to switch on, press again to toggle to your instrument of choice, 'B' being the obvious setting. In operation the tuner functions well and is accurate, or at least as accurate as my Snark, my Korg Clip and my FZone tuner pedal. I really like the colour LCD display and the 'clock-hand' pointer, which makes the actual tuning very easy.

I also like the clip, which has a very strong spring. Too many clip-ons have weak springs. However I was unable to rotate the display to where I would have liked it (I prefer to mount the tuner behind the headstock), but using the thing on its side is no big hardship. In all I like it and it was definitely worth two quid - as of today anyway, if it suddenly goes tits-up I'll let you know. :)

[/quote]

Back of that tuning plate looks a bit grubby, you should have ordered some brasso at the same time :D