Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

12 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

Isn’t the space bottom right where the tuner is designed for expression pedals? Or is your one too long or something?

Oh it’s 100% meant for that but my insert cable to allow me to split the meatbox made me have to go there and I also don’t hate the pedal being up there either 

• Like 1

On 03/03/2024 at 21:13, lee650 said:

Well calling @jimbobothy

Man, The Admiral has both quantity AND quality. I’ve just got quantity ha ha 😆. Seriously Mr Admiral, your boards are bonkers and are how you are supposed to do it, hats off to you sir 👍🏻

Edited by jimbobothy
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, jimbobothy said:

Man, The Admiral has both quantity AND quality. I’ve just got quantity ha ha 😆. Seriously Mr Admiral, your boards are bonkers and are how you are supposed to do it, hats off to you sir 👍🏻

Your Aguilar board is cute though, and @admiralchew doesn’t have one of them 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Board edition #1246442

20240308_203649.thumb.jpg.b597d6874dd013d031d794025e2fdfeb.jpg

Replaced the previously posted markbass with an Ampeg SGT-DI, which was then replaced with a laney digbeth, which was then replaced with a Source Audio Zio Bass - brilliantly simple but effective bit of kit!

Added a naughty knock off demonfx Call76, I've had the real deal before and it was fantastic, but too extravagant for me. The Demonfx unit is neigh on indistinguishable (so long as I don't look at it or touch it; this is without A/Bing).

Mojomojo and Monomyth bought at the same time with the intentions of keeping one, but love what they both do so kept both - Monomyth doesn't usually get used, and the mojomojo maybe for 5 minutes of the set, but they sound great!

Board replaced with a Gator aluminium board, which is fantastic value at less than £70 including high quality soft case.

Edited by thisisswanbon
  • Like 6

WhatsAppImage2024-03-09at15_50.17_17759655.thumb.jpg.df5df7dfacf8f2f5d59022f8f29aef7f.jpg

I've finally got my effects properly sorted, mounted on the board and the board is now in a Gator bag (£15 used on eBay).  The board's pretty conservative but I don't need much in the way of synths, envelope filters, arpeggiators etc; you'll notice that there's room for an always-on compressor, though, which is probably my next purchase.

Cheers,

JRK

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jackroadkill said:

WhatsAppImage2024-03-09at15_50.17_17759655.thumb.jpg.df5df7dfacf8f2f5d59022f8f29aef7f.jpg

I've finally got my effects properly sorted, mounted on the board and the board is now in a Gator bag (£15 used on eBay).  The board's pretty conservative but I don't need much in the way of synths, envelope filters, arpeggiators etc; you'll notice that there's room for an always-on compressor, though, which is probably my next purchase.

Cheers,

JRK

Interesting you're going for top down when you carry in bag. Do you use it in the bag?

I always do top up and was wondering if people made different choices for sifferent reasons.

I do top up because i dont want to rest on the top jacks.

I made a thread on it once, but someone said i was overthinking!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lidl e said:

Interesting you're going for top down when you carry in bag. Do you use it in the bag?

I always do top up and was wondering if people made different choices for sifferent reasons.

I'm going to use it out of the bag, I think.  All the jacks are side-mounted, so no issues there, although I have to say I hadn't thought about that when I laid it out!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lidl e said:

Top up, purely by accident.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lidl e said:

This suggestion might be a good idea for my board actually! Thanks!🙂

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, indiegrungesound said:

This suggestion might be a good idea for my board actually! Thanks!🙂

I think its definitely something to consider. 

I have and decided top up is the way to go.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, krispn said:

Until Thursday 😀

I know someone on fb marketplace I've bought from before  selling I think the same pedal board... maybe two boards would be better than one? 

• Like 1

On 08/03/2024 at 21:47, jimbobothy said:

Thanks for the kind words @jimbobothy, always a gentleman (and great to chat to about pedals). Thank you too for the help on the Cog front. I only have one on these boards at the minute as some are being saved for something else.

On 08/03/2024 at 21:57, LukeFRC said:

Your Aguilar board is cute though, and @admiralchew doesn’t have one of them 

Haha, true. I’m not sure I’ve played an Aguilar pedal, in fact. Probably best not to go near another brand rabbit holes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, admiralchew said:

Thanks for the kind words @jimbobothy, always a gentleman (and great to chat to about pedals). Thank you too for the help on the Cog front. I only have one on these boards at the minute as some are being saved for something else.

Haha, true. I’m not sure I’ve played an Aguilar pedal, in fact. Probably best not to go near another brand rabbit holes.

We need to see the Star wars board!! 😍

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, lee650 said:

We need to see the Star wars board!! 😍

I got an email from IdiotBox Effects at the end of last week saying that the bass-specific Star Wars mystery pedal I ordered a while back should be ready in the next couple of weeks. Once that’s arrived I’ll see what size it is and then the plan is to put that board together.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, admiralchew said:

I got an email from IdiotBox Effects at the end of last week saying that the bass-specific Star Wars mystery pedal I ordered a while back should be ready in the next couple of weeks. Once that’s arrived I’ll see what size it is and then the plan is to put that board together.

Be definitely very careful !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markbunney said:

Awesome looking board!

can I ask why you have 2 Boss sy 200s?

I have one I. The loop of the other needed something I could midi control, send them to foh in there own signal so having two makes a big synth sound 

• Like 1

Dragged my big board out of storage recently for a rehearsal. 

Ok, so it's a bit of a tiddler compared to some of the monsters on here recently. I've gone for classy and portable.  Power is through a Strymon Zuma on the underside.  This does everything I need, and I can pick it up in one hand at the end of the night.  My first chorus was a Carl Martin, so it's nice to have one on board again even though  the Corona and mxr bcd were both very good.

20240312_144143.jpg

• Like 6