Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

45 minutes ago, ped said:

Board with the Valco Dist pedal. Super happy with this setup. 

Underneath - MXR comp, warm audio DI, Broughton HPF, Cioks DC5

IMG_7789.jpeg

IMG_7795.jpeg

That ''Bass balls'' fuzz must be a dinozaur !!! 😜

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, nilorius said:

That ''Bass balls'' fuzz must be a dinozaur !!! 😜

I think it was made in the 90s so not that old (although I realise the 90s were actually ages ago even if they don’t feel it!). I just love that pedal, so simple but so flexible. It’s synthy, filter-y and phasery all at once. 

• Like 2

Just bought a fab soft case from @AllanBass which is the perfect size for my PB. (I still need to design and 3D print the base)

The actual pedalboards (Set of effects) are in the Dwarf unit are too many to post; compressor/freq splitter/octave/distortion/amp & cab sim and an upright IR for some songs; also drummer in a box and backing audio (I LOVE the power of the Dwarf).

Hopefully Amazon will be delivering some angled connectors to improve the cable routing.

edit: Arg both cables are the wrong way around ... I will try again!

PB.thumb.jpg.7741069dfa49012e296d9505fb87a825.jpg

Sam X

Edited by SamIAm
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SamIAm said:

Just bought a fab soft case from @AllanBass which is the perfect size for my PB. (I still need to design and 3D print the base)

The actual pedalboards (Set of effects) are in the Dwarf unit and too many to post; compressor/freq splitter/octave/distortion/amp & cab sim and an upright IR for some songs; also drummer in a box and backing audio (I LOVE the power of the Dwarf).

Hopefully Amazon will be delivering some angled connectors to improve the cable routing.

PB.thumb.jpg.7741069dfa49012e296d9505fb87a825.jpg

Sam X

Would love to see some shared boards for the Dwarf if you’ve published them 🙌

• Like 3

21 hours ago, itu said:

@Linus27 : if you can try it by just rewiring the comp, test it. Trust your ears, there are no right or wrong choices here.

So many neat boards, should I rebuild few of mine again...?

Thanks @itu, I had a play around and I swapped the Spark Booster and Compressor (Zoom MS-60B) around and it sounds so much better. So my board for fretless now looks like this.

TC Electronic tuner > Boss OC5 Octave > EHX Bass Clone Chorus > Mooer Bass Sweeper > TC Electronic Spark Booster > Mooer A7 Reverb (Always On) > Zoom MS60B Opto Compressor (Always On)

20240128_124332.thumb.jpg.27f542d1e6c8ec59ab92686fdef9f7de.jpg

Edited by Linus27
  • Like 8

15 hours ago, lee650 said:

Really! I want one

Enough interest from anyone else  in trying to tidy it up into something I could make a few of? 
I’ve got usb power from my Cioks dc7 but I guess 9v pedal power is more universal

• Like 1

After a few months of chopping, changing and general indecisiveness, I finally have my pedal collection all sorted and ready to go onto my Classic Junior board with Cioks DC7 power supply. The collection includes Dunlop Mini Bass Wah, MXR Bass Envelope filter (Blackout version), BCC Custard Factory compressor, Quint octaver, Tech 21 MP40 Geddy Sansamp, TC Electronic chorus, phaser and flanger modulation pedals and the SGT-DI.

Here’s a mock-up in Pedalboard Planner. I had to use a lookalike BCC pedal as the app didn’t have the right image for the compressor. Looking forward to putting it altogether at the weekend. 

IMG_0220.jpeg

Edited by bassybill
  • Like 8

I recently bought a Boss wireless and I needed a larger board so it doesn`t get damaged hanging off the small board so got this one off of Amazon for £36. The cool thing is it has a cover on the bottom to store the power supply. Exc value for the money.

Anyway I usually use the Sadowsky plugged into the ART tube amp into my RCF, I had the space for the Sansamp so stuck it on there if I fancy a change. The Beringher was cheap as chips and I was gonna spend a few bob on a better one but it does the job and I might not notice the difference anyway! Sorry for the dust.

20240130_151732.thumb.jpg.1a3920404f6418e7989235d0777d12f0.jpg20240130_151752.thumb.jpg.1771c82f04cc0269c1f0b87ce026fc76.jpg

• Like 6

On 31/01/2024 at 14:10, bassybill said:

After a few months of chopping, changing and general indecisiveness, I finally have my pedal collection all sorted and ready to go onto my Classic Junior board with Cioks DC7 power supply. The collection includes Dunlop Mini Bass Wah, MXR Bass Envelope filter (Blackout version), BCC Custard Factory compressor, Quint octaver, Tech 21 MP40 Geddy Sansamp, TC Electronic chorus, phaser and flanger modulation pedals and the SGT-DI.

Here’s a mock-up in Pedalboard Planner. I had to use a lookalike BCC pedal as the app didn’t have the right image for the compressor. Looking forward to putting it altogether at the weekend. 

IMG_0220.jpeg

here ya go....

IMG_0220.jpeg.b4dd2a36db4bb4c86151d82690aeff63.jpeg

• Like 4

Guess who's back! Thanks to @LukeFRC, @0175westwood29 and Admiral oh my Admiral @admiralchew

This time this is for a metal project - I wanted distortion and fuzz and the chaps above were super helpful in steering me in the direction of what I needed and how... and well. I often add a modulation effect but I learnt that for now I don't need a compressor - In case I regret it, @tayste_2000 introduced me to the HX one (I've been in hiatus for some 5 months lol no idea of the new releases!).

Now I have the gain stages I want, a preamp with pre/post loops I adore and a tuner/compressor/phaser/rotary/chorus/flanger and some few hundred more effects on the post loop 😀 I did not want to go with a HX Stomp etc as I wanted to keep these analog pedals after much research... this works mightily! 

I haven't had much of a chance to play with them all, but I am very, very happy to report they stack up super nicely and with even volumes etc - lovely.

Wired with a Truetone CS6 underneath.

Y'all are guilty for this, but thanks 👏

None more black:

image.thumb.png.a1d4ce4fb9a5501e9f3c11b522f54047.png

Edited by Ander87
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

New config for the recording board.

My feet were just too big,  but moving the future impact aux switch freed up some room. 

I need to fi d a few of the taller buttons from that UK guy.

Who sells those?

20240203_171959.thumb.jpg.8e71b7659109ef2c9c9db978d20f958a.jpg

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Bagman said:

The Laney Custard Compressor is a nice pedal 

It’s my current favourite compressor. The build quality and presentation are excellent and it does a great job. It’s taken the place of my Cali 76. 

20 hours ago, Bagman said:
Edited by bassybill
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ander87 said:

Guess who's back! Thanks to @LukeFRC, @0175westwood29 and Admiral oh my Admiral @admiralchew

This time this is for a metal project - I wanted distortion and fuzz and the chaps above were super helpful in steering me in the direction of what I needed and how... and well. I often add a modulation effect but I learnt that for now I don't need a compressor - In case I regret it, @tayste_2000 introduced me to the HX one (I've been in hiatus for some 5 months lol no idea of the new releases!).

Now I have the gain stages I want, a preamp with pre/post loops I adore and a tuner/compressor/phaser/rotary/chorus/flanger and some few hundred more effects on the post loop 😀 I did not want to go with a HX Stomp etc as I wanted to keep these analog pedals after much research... this works mightily! 

I haven't had much of a chance to play with them all, but I am very, very happy to report they stack up super nicely and with even volumes etc - lovely.

Wired with a Truetone CS6 underneath.

Y'all are guilty for this, but thanks 👏

None more black:

image.thumb.png.a1d4ce4fb9a5501e9f3c11b522f54047.png

That looks amazing! Loving the all-black look. The Nomad as the best octave fuzz I’ve played and the MBD is an absolute monster.

I hope it gives you and your audience a lot of joy!

• Like 1

I've gone a bit mad: home board, I doubt I'll need all this stuff live:

Pedalboard2.thumb.jpeg.313c38f5f6f2aeffc438437f6d0fbb13.jpeg

Peterson StroboStomp Mini out in to the Ly-Rock "Complicator", using both its effects loops:

Parallel Loop for lows: KongPressor (almost always on), MXR bass octave deluxe, T-Rex Diva Drive, JHS 3 Series Phaser, Lekato Loop Auto (looper).

I've settled on no LPF, so I can have just the KongPressor for an un-effected tone. Only just got the looper & stiil thinking about how I might use it. These pedals are all bass-friendly, even if they aren't "bass pedals".

Preamp Loop for highs: first the internal preamp set to a little dirt with a mild bass cut.

Out to a Donner A/B switch so I can turn this whole loop off. The A input is where I would insert a guitar (at home), or the bridge pickup if I start playing with "stereo" bass wiring again.

Then to the Mosky Silver Horse (Klone) - still playing with tones there, but quite low gain. Tone City Matcha Cream fuzz set to fairly aggressive. Both pedals can reduce the bass if turned up, but that's not a problem now.

The SoniCake Sonic Ambience: basic delay and reverb in a pretty cheap pedal.

Then both channels back in to the "Complicator", blended about 50% each, and in to the cab sim. Headphone out for practice, amp or DI if I need them.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, keziahj said:

Some things have changed! Both are sounding wonderfully! 👾

IMG_1938.thumb.jpeg.1806f67b9dd57b2e8edc91d6b91c44fa.jpeg

IMG_1933.thumb.jpeg.6450fe2146ff1ac541c448d478ab0c1c.jpeg

I'm confused just looking at the bottom one, it's like something from the Millennium Falcon!

Do you even bass  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2