Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

I’m late to the pedal board game but have already gone through a few iterations since it was assembled by an amazing guitarist friend. 
I won’t change this for sometime as it doesn’t need to do too much- a little bit of something for all occasions but nothing too leftfield. 
It’s kind of a generic board in a way- Cali 76, OC2, a bit of DG dirt, HX Stomp and a nice preamp. 
CIOCKS DC7 underneath the board. 

IMG_1484.jpeg

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, chardbass said:

I’m late to the pedal board game but have already gone through a few iterations since it was assembled by an amazing guitarist friend. 
I won’t change this for sometime as it doesn’t need to do too much- a little bit of something for all occasions but nothing too leftfield. 
It’s kind of a generic board in a way- Cali 76, OC2, a bit of DG dirt, HX Stomp and a nice preamp. 
CIOCKS DC7 underneath the board. 

IMG_1484.jpeg

Solid essentialist pedalboard! I oscillate between wanting a Cover All Eventualities Board and something more like this that does all a bass player needs to do.

• Like 3

My first pedalboard...

It's taken me 23 years of playing, but I finally decided to make the jump. For the first 10 years I went straight into the amp, but since then I've had a Zoom B2.1, B9.1 and B3, the Headrush Gigboard plus a Boss ME-50B which I didn't really like. Most of which was used for a couple of core tones, plus the odd effect when needed, so a pedal board makes more sense.

I was going to try the Laney Digbeth as my preamp until the Joyo Monomyth was available for half the price. That's at the end of the chain so I can use the DI, and has a Joyo Scylla and Korg Pitch-black before it.

Powered by an Anker power bank and Li'l moXie 9v converter, which works very well and makes this board very portable - no more searching for sockets at the front of the stage!

Ive used a Pedaltrain Metro 16. I was going to go for a Nano+, but they're similarly priced and this gives me an extra row if it's ever needed. I've left room for an octave pedal, and I might add a mini chorus to the top row.

I'm very happy with it so far, and it's got it's first gig on Saturday!

20230913_223428.jpg

20230913_223511.jpg

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, RussFM said:

My first pedalboard...

It's taken me 23 years of playing, but I finally decided to make the jump. For the first 10 years I went straight into the amp, but since then I've had a Zoom B2.1, B9.1 and B3, the Headrush Gigboard plus a Boss ME-50B which I didn't really like. Most of which was used for a couple of core tones, plus the odd effect when needed, so a pedal board makes more sense.

I was going to try the Laney Digbeth as my preamp until the Joyo Monomyth was available for half the price. That's at the end of the chain so I can use the DI, and has a Joyo Scylla and Korg Pitch-black before it.

Powered by an Anker power bank and Li'l moXie 9v converter, which works very well and makes this board very portable - no more searching for sockets at the front of the stage!

Ive used a Pedaltrain Metro 16. I was going to go for a Nano+, but they're similarly priced and this gives me an extra row if it's ever needed. I've left room for an octave pedal, and I might add a mini chorus to the top row.

20230913_223428.jpg

20230913_223511.jpg

Awesome! It’s a slippery slope from here!!! 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, RussFM said:

My first pedalboard...

20230913_223428.jpg

20230913_223511.jpg

Is the switchable speaker sim only on the XLR out or is it on the jack out too on the Monomyth?

1 minute ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Is the switchable speaker sim only on the XLR out or is it on the jack out too on the Monomyth?

XLR only, which I guess makes sense if your DI is going to the PA and jack out is going to your amp, but it would have been nice to have the option, especially for the headphone out.

• Thanks 1

Board version #1282651876.1

Added the jive at the end of my chain, but before my preamp. Makes my synths sound bigger and my octaves sound filthy...takes away a bit of this je ne sais quoi mid punch my jazz and sandberg have both got, but it adds a weight and depth that works better in the mix...

Thinking a compressor at the beginning may be the final piece of the puzzle 🤔.

Would love a wireless midi controller for my C4 and ultrawave, but that seems to be a logistical nightmare...

20230914_002819.thumb.jpg.513afe090a562ef388b6164566e316fc.jpg

Edited by thisisswanbon
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, thisisswanbon said:

Added the jive at the end of my chain, but before my preamp. Makes my synths sound bigger and my octaves sound filthy...takes away a bit of this je ne sais quoi mid punch my jazz and sandberg have both got, but it adds a weight and depth that works better in the mix...

Would love a wireless midi controller for my C4 and ultrawave, but that seems to be a logistical nightmare...

Great board you have there,

I am however getting a nervous twitch at that slightly wonky C4 ha ha 😆, don’t worry it really is just my issue 🤪

Edited by jimbobothy
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, thisisswanbon said:

The Jive is great. I didn't know what to do with it when I first got it but its one of my favourite drives now.

18 hours ago, RussFM said:

My first pedalboard...