Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

On 03/03/2021 at 13:22, Woodwind said:

I'm a big fan of those TC pedals, but my eyes keep being drawn to your Cyrus (1 or 2?) Hifi amp and Systemdek8 record player.

That must be a great combination!

I digress

The pedals are great for sub £40 👍 it’s a Systemdek 2x, RB201 arm with internal cable upgrade, an old Audio Technica AT-F3  and coupled with a totally refurbed Cyrus 1. I love it 👍 HiFi is my other passion. 

Edited by andy67
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, moley6knipe said:

Ah, an OC -5!  How you finding it, they’re supposed to be mint from what I’ve read?

Although I don’t use it a great deal, I’m very happy with how it sounds when I do.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2021 at 16:54, meercatzbass said:

Hey folks!

Here is my current (since 2017) board. Planning to make another one (a smaller one from the other pedals in the picture, but maybe keeping the Basswitch IQ DI as a separate stand alone so that I can continue to use it with both the original board as well as with the new one). Still waiting for the 3leaf audio Doom2 pedal to arrive. I am also thinking of re-making the original one to a smaller one. Let's see how this turns out :D

IMG_6359.thumb.JPG.5f3d45e159048fa0fbf89e2c18c74957.JPG

IMG_6360.thumb.JPG.d83dc7fcdbdcc555600ebad95dbed5f6.JPG

I love your board, a lot of my faves in that one!! I can never get mine so neat on the bottom!😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lee650 said:

I love your board, a lot of my faves in that one!! I can never get mine so neat on the bottom!😂

Cheers! The good thing about the Boss ES-5 is that you are not dependant in which order the pedals are as you can re-route them how you like. Keeping it neat takes out a lot of hassles when playing live, it is very secure. 😊

• Like 1

On 15/03/2021 at 19:45, stewblack said:

IMG_20210315_161751.thumb.jpg.86255014e68df12f59059f1a70abbdfe.jpg

I'd never heard of 'Yerasov' so I googled and found their website.  I love the names of some of their stuff: The 'Black Formica' and the 'Brown Creature' 😁.  The reviews on their site would suggest that this stuff was introduced about 15 years ago.  Any good?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BillyBass said:

I'd never heard of 'Yerasov' so I googled and found their website.  I love the names of some of their stuff: The 'Black Formica' and the 'Brown Creature' 😁.  The reviews on their site would suggest that this stuff was introduced about 15 years ago.  Any good?

It's brilliant - obviously given the strictures of personal taste - I bought the distortion here and found the UK supplier for the rest.

The system is superb, the pedals are joined by plugs and circuitry inside the pedal board. 

This means only one power cable and no patch cables. There are jack plugs too so you can use them in ordinary setups. 

2 hours ago, glassmoon said:

That Bass Parametric EQ looks very, very interesting.
How does the compressor compare with the "known" brands?

The Parametric just arrived completing the board. Not used in anger yet. 

The compressor is also fairly new, but having played through it at low volumes I can attest to its compressing. Its as powerful as any I've tried and then some. It feels like the bass is struggling to breathe at high settings. 

However, as I get the hang of it I'm actually very happy with it. I would say it colours the sound a little, so that's a matter of taste, but as a tool it's really effective. 

• Like 1

Their British Citrus looks particularly wicked.

At one point it seems as though they were using the pedal as a power amp, which is mad (in a good way)!

Not sure whether it would work particularly well on bass, but I'm tempted to find out! 

5 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Their British Citrus looks particularly wicked.

At one point it seems as though they were using the pedal as a power amp, which is mad (in a good way)!

Not sure whether it would work particularly well on bass, but I'm tempted to find out! 

I recall a rare visit from a bassist to the JHS show, and he used a bunch of guitar pedals just bunged a graphic (or some such tone altering thingy) at the end of the chain. 

I do the same but I also send a completely clean signal which I mix after the pedal board. 

I achieve this in many differing ways depending on the board. I must confess I watched a bass player setting up his core sound on an Helix Stomp and sat up on my hind legs when he just casually dragged and dropped a parallel signal path alongside his effect chain. 

Yup agreed - the flexibility of parallel routing is great to have on a multifx and something that would be a "must have" for me on anything that is not in the Zoom budget bracket. Allows simple but important stuff like running a clean blend in parallel to preserve low end / more natural tone. Not available on all Helix though (e.g. Pod Go).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, stewblack said:

The system is superb, the pedals are joined by plugs and circuitry inside the pedal board. 

Bugger!

I invented that system last year and tried to sell it to a pedal manufacturer who said it was unlikely to fly because we agreed it would need multiple companies to adopt it.

Just as well I didn't try to patent it!