Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1337778293' post='1665284']
So here is Pedal-Board 2, Ver. 1 :D
Un-velcroed and messy....but working a treat.

[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/pedalboardp.jpg/"][/url]
Uploaded with [url="http://imageshack.us"]ImageShack.us[/url]

Chain:
Bass -> LS-2 In
Loops A Send -> OC-2 -> CE-2B -> BF-2B Flanger -> GEB-7 -> Behringer Vibrato -> Return
Loop B Send - TU-2 Tuner -> CS-2 Compression -> CoPilot Orbit -> Polish Love -> PH-2 Phaser -> PN-2 Trem/Pan -> GE-7B -> Source Audio BEF -> Return
LS-2 Out -> Akai Headrush -> Ernie Ball Volume -> LM-2 Limiter
Amp

Phew :)
LS-2 will move for a SFX Loop Logic soon

Si
[/quote]

how you find the behringer vibrato?

andy

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1337784299' post='1665410']
Thomann don't normally send a uk lead. All the electrical bits I've had from them have come with eu cables.
It'll only cost you a quid from wilkinsons for a plug anyway
[/quote]

Thanks, just wanted to clarify beforehand anyway.

Liam

Velcro'd and rehearsed with:

[url="http://postimage.org/"][/url]

Points to note:

- Want to replace the Akai, it's not blowing me away enough to warrant it's size/weight, can downsize it. Boss? TC?
- Polish Love is noisy and not sounding how I want. Replace with a gated distortion perhaps.
- Pedals I'm unsure about: PH-2 Phaser, BF-2B Flanger....but will persevere for a bit

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1337812848' post='1666030']
- Pedals I'm unsure about: PH-2 Phaser, BF-2B Flanger....but will persevere for a bit
[/quote]]

What don't you like about the PH-2? I liked it, but not as much as the EHX Small Stone, which I didn't expect because of how simple it is in comparison! That could be a shameless plug as I'm selling mine ;)

To be fair, I think it's just that....in the mix...it has a similar vibe to the Flange.
Out of the two I prefer the PH-2. I"m still figuring out what sits best where in the songs, so still on a learning curve with settings and what-not :)

Si

I always found phase and flange effects too similar to justify having both for what I want to do. If you use a lot of modulation and stuff like that you will probably be alright with a multi unit. They seem to excel in these areas even if they do mostly have horrible drives :lol:

I took off my Multi-unit (ME-50b) because it was messing with my chain in the context of two channels.
My gut says that the PH-2 will stay and the Flange will make way for (hopefully) my Meatbox clone

Si

Small is beautiful! DT-10 first, because it has buffer, then to M80 where signal is splitted. Clean sound from DI to mixing console, and other to distortion fx and to amp. Microphone in front of the cab is SM57, thinking of buying a AKG D112 though.

edit: ooops! Edited by pahaeno

[quote name='pahaeno' timestamp='1337964851' post='1668191']

Small is beautiful! DT-10 first, because it has buffer, then to M80 where signal is splitted. Clean sound from DI to mixing console, and other to distortion fx and to amp. Microphone in front of the cab is SM57, thinking of buying a AKG D112 though.

edit: ooops!
[/quote]

looks dirty i like it!

:-)

andy

[quote name='pahaeno' timestamp='1337964851' post='1668191']

edit: ooops!
[/quote]
I love it. Gain gain gain.

[attachment=108907:photo.JPG]

Just waiting for the power & a couple more connectors to arrive so i can finish it off.

The right hand side is for the bass & the left for the synth.

Along the top will go, Input A - Input B - Bass DI out - Bass Out - Synth L in - Synth R in - Synth L DI out - Synth R DI out.

It's not the most exciting board but it's an essential one for me.

EBS Microbass --> Mini Polytune --> Morley Mini Volume --> Micro Thumpinator.

The other side is just a stereo volume & stereo DI.

Just ordered a Joyo JF-12 Ultimate Octave/Fuzz and Harley Benton PowerPlant Junior to finish off my board for now, until i start getting major gas for an octave and chorus. My guess will be a matter of weeks.

Edit: Should also be using our guitarists Line 6 combo next week so i'm going to see what fun i can have with it's built in Envelope Filter and Wah, which will undoubtably cause more gas.

Liam

Edited by LiamPodmore

My board at the moment, nothing else to go on for atleast a few weeks yet, but as you can see, plenty of space for it. The FBV Express will be used on Monday night to control the Chorus, Octave and Envelope Filter on my guitarists Line 6 combo, and i'll make use of the wah too probably for a dubstep section we do.

P.S. Please excuse the mess and sh*te photo quality.

Liam