Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Speaking of modding knobs, has anyone used one of [url="http://kickdisk.com/index.html"]THESE[/url] before? it's called Kickdisk and is supposed to make adjusting parameters on an FX pedal a breeze without bending down mid song / set to fiddle with stuff.

Seen them before but never tried it. Would be useful on my Whammy. It would be useful on my Freqbox as well as I change lots of perameters bit I imagine, looking at those pics that it would obstruct getting to other knobs. Think you'd only want to use it on something you change one control on.

It sounds impressive but the video and voice over reminds me of watching Independance Day - "Don't worry folks the Americans have developed something like no other and we're coming to save you"... :)

I need to find some user based vids etc.

I'd never use all the sequencing stuff it does anyway so I may consider seeing if SFX can do something that JUST changes modes...

Shep,

There's the "Whammy Wheel" which has been sold on eBay for yonks - Same kind of idea as the Kickdisk, but looks a lot sturdier? Dunno if that would help?

And as for envelope filters, of the "small" lot, I'd recommend either the Maxon AF-9, or the Subdecay Prometheus. Prometheus is a lot more versatile, but Maxon has it's charm. Also the MXR Bass Envelope Filter is awesome, and although I haven't tried them, I'm itching to get my hands on a 3Leaf Proton (to test against my Mutron) and an Aguilar Filter Twin. Really don't think you can go wrong with any of those units. Prometheus gives you the most bang for your buck, but might be a little bit too big.

Just my 2p worth :)

Yep interested to hear anything more ref the 3 Leaf Proton as it is supposed to be very Mu-Tron'ish.

[quote name='Higgie' post='1295838' date='Jul 7 2011, 12:17 PM']Shep,

There's the "Whammy Wheel" which has been sold on eBay for yonks - Same kind of idea as the Kickdisk, but looks a lot sturdier? Dunno if that would help?

And as for envelope filters, of the "small" lot, I'd recommend either the Maxon AF-9, or the Subdecay Prometheus. Prometheus is a lot more versatile, but Maxon has it's charm. Also the MXR Bass Envelope Filter is awesome, and although I haven't tried them, I'm itching to get my hands on a 3Leaf Proton (to test against my Mutron) and an Aguilar Filter Twin. Really don't think you can go wrong with any of those units. Prometheus gives you the most bang for your buck, but might be a little bit too big.

Just my 2p worth :)[/quote]

[quote name='I am not excane' post='1295563' date='Jul 7 2011, 04:28 AM']As I wrote above, here are more examples of raising the foot switches on my current board:
They are on the Darkglass, Depth Charge, and my custom job.

[/quote]

Very nice :)

[quote]And I agree with the patch cables - the plugs are huge and really get in the way. I've looked at George L ones but I need to save up a bit first I think. They aren't £2 ebay ones![/quote]

yup! I recall about a year ago when there were about 10 people selling George L's on here a they had too many. Now they never crop up used as everyone wants them!

[quote name='paul_5' post='1295282' date='Jul 6 2011, 10:07 PM']my latest incarnation. Nice.

[attachment=84141:06072011107.jpg][/quote]

That's really nice indeed - not too dissimilar from what I'm aiming for
And I've never come across that Freeze pedal, but that looks great - perfect for my band...

Oh dear, here we go again...

It's been bloody hard work, but here it is... 12 metres of cable & 70 Georgle L's plugs later - The finished, 2-Tourman, Drum&Bass/Dubstep setup.

I've been able to get all power supplies, midi clock generator, headphone amp and expression pedals within the board, setup/breakdown is now a matter of connecting 6 jacks and plugging in...

It's a beast!!!!!

Board 1 -

Board 2 -

The full set up -

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1300152' date='Jul 11 2011, 06:17 PM']It's been bloody hard work, but here it is... 12 metres of cable & 70 Georgle L's plugs later - The finished, 2-Tourman, Drum&Bass/Dubstep setup.

I've been able to get all power supplies, midi clock generator, headphone amp and expression pedals within the board, setup/breakdown is now a matter of connecting 6 jacks and plugging in...

It's a beast!!!!!

Board 1 -

Board 2 -

The full set up -

[/quote]

nice man! thats wicked!

you ever have every thing on at once?

andy

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1300263' date='Jul 11 2011, 08:20 PM']Very nice. I'd love a couple of hours just playing about making sounds! :)

I think the old Roland System 700 was less complex than your board(s).

[/quote]

You're welcome over anytime... And now I want one of those!!!! :)

[quote name='0175westwood29' post='1300264' date='Jul 11 2011, 08:20 PM']nice man! thats wicked!

you ever have every thing on at once?

andy[/quote]

Not for a track... Most I use is 8 plus the MP-201 in a track. I've had them all on at once just messing around, but with all the modulation effects it becomes a huge sub-drone that just builds up and up until cab shakes so much I feared it would explode.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1300279' date='Jul 11 2011, 08:35 PM']You're welcome over anytime... And now I want one of those!!!! :)

Not for a track... Most I use is 8 plus the MP-201 in a track. I've had them all on at once just messing around, but with all the modulation effects it becomes a huge sub-drone that just builds up and up until cab shakes so much I feared it would explode.[/quote]

haha been there! using my whammy with octave down, then the pickle, with my metal muff, flanger and memory boy it can get a bit much lol!

nothing compared to you tho!

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' post='1300282' date='Jul 11 2011, 08:43 PM']haha been there! using my whammy with octave down, then the pickle, with my metal muff, flanger and memory boy it can get a bit much lol!

nothing compared to you tho!

andy[/quote]

Its the Chorus & 12-Stage Phaser & Tremolo & Ring Mod & Slicer running together, with the wave forms at different rates that gets... messy!

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='1300319' date='Jul 11 2011, 09:20 PM']:)

I'd sell my grandmother for one of those. She's probably not worth enough to cover it, mind. :)[/quote]

Agree'd - I'll sell mine too and we'll go down the shared ownership route! :lol:

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1300327' date='Jul 11 2011, 09:31 PM']Agree'd - I'll sell mine too and we'll go down the shared ownership route! :lol:[/quote]
So... Nottingham... Northumberland... we'll stick it in storage somewhere around Northallerton then? :)

BTW, for those who are interested, an idea of the scale of the System 700...

Yep, it uses full 1/4" jacks for patching. :) Beast.

very tidy shep

I was playing with my dd-20 and slicer the other day along to a click. I usually just use tap tempo but I wanted it really tight. I've never tried to sync them with MIDI, is it easy? And can you get a standalone midi-clock to go on your board?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1300641' date='Jul 12 2011, 09:02 AM']very tidy shep

I was playing with my dd-20 and slicer the other day along to a click. I usually just use tap tempo but I wanted it really tight. I've never tried to sync them with MIDI, is it easy? And can you get a standalone midi-clock to go on your board?[/quote]

The slicer syncs easy - Just plug in the midi plug with a clock going and it instantly snaps to tempo. Remove the plug and it instantly reverts to whatever tempo you had it running at before. DD-20 has no midi capability unfortunately... If it did it would be a better unit that the Eventide Timefactor IMHO.

I use and old Red Sound Voyager for my midi clock (middle of board 2). You can either set it to any tempo between 90 and 180 bpm and off it goes, or its reads any other audio source you feed it, calculates the tempo and generates a clock in time. I feed it with the metronome that we both listen to so the midi clock is perfectly synced to the click we use.