Why become a member? ×

Basschat - Your assistance required (Bowie content)

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Esteemed members of Basschat,[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]I would like to make it clear from the outset that this is not for the benefit of myself or ChangesTwoBowie, but for Sophie and Louise being the two young ladies responsible for putting this video together for us. The band will make good use of it at a later date, but the link below is purely for them.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]In early 2016 we were approached by a friend of a friend to see if we would be willing to participate in a video shoot to assist Sophie and Louise with part of their course work for their BTec examination. Apart from our time, it was a no cost option to us as the venue was local to all. The understanding was that once they were done with the finished article, we could use it for whatever promo purposes we wanted. Deal.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]So one evening in March we got together and played the two songs back to back for what seemed like a hundred times over whilst the girls busied themselves shooting us. Two months later they turned this in and I have to say I’m very impressed by their work. They are aware that there are a couple of syncing issues which they did try to iron out, but overall I think they’ve done brilliantly.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]As an aside from their BTec grading, there is a departmental competition for the submission that gets the most VIEWS on You Tube. So could I ask you to take a few minutes out of your time to view the video. Obviously any encouraging comments for Sophie and Louise on You Tube would be very gratefully received.[/color]
[color=#000000]Thank you all ever so much.[/color][/font][/size]

https://youtu.be/SazOSzOLHl4

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1464353160' post='3058764']
Excellent video, well performed, expertly cut. 'Like' left (a first ever, from me, for anything..!) and congratulatory comment, too. My thumb is up. B)
[/quote]
Thanks Dad. High praise indeed. Thank you for taking the time to watch.

For no money, you have to be pleased with the result.
If you take out the very critical eye you put the video to... and which 99.9%
of your normal audience wouldn't get at all... you would be fretting over
very little details.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1464359513' post='3058847']
Liking those licks on [i][b]Let's Dance[/b][/i] ... mind if I nick a couple?
[/quote]
I'm not sure it's me you should be asking Jack, but feel free ;)
[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1464359907' post='3058852']
Made the classic mistake of not zooming in on the bass player enough but other than that very impressive.
[/quote]
They are but young. They will learn in the fullness of time :D[color=#222222] [/color]
[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1464362459' post='3058869']
Good work one and all.
Slightly OT - what model Charvel is the guitarist on the left of the picture playing? It's given me GAS!
[/quote]
Thank you very much.
[color=#232323][font=Helvetica]I enquired regarding the guitar and i[color=#4A4F56]t's a [/color]Charvel USA Custom Shop San Dimas Mahogany apparently.[/font][/color]
[color=#232323][font=Helvetica]Catchy name for a guitar if you ask me :blink:[color=#222222] [/color][/font][/color]
[color=#232323][quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1464362715' post='3058874'][/color]
Very impressive, Warren. Lovely job.
[/quote]
Thanks Paul.
The next one is 29/7 @ The Bassment in Chelmsford if you're free? Would be great to see you again.

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1464363273' post='3058883']
Very Nice all round
[/quote]
Thanks lojo.
[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1464372405' post='3059021']
For no money, you have to be pleased with the result.
If you take out the very critical eye you put the video to... and which 99.9%
of your normal audience wouldn't get at all... you would be fretting over
very little details.
[/quote]
Yes, absolutely. We're fortunate to have been asked, but to get something of this standard out of it is a bonus.
[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1464372742' post='3059024']
Thumbs up...
Should I visit it again(and again)?
[/quote]
Thank you. I'm not sure how the counting of views on You Tube works, but feel free to revisit
[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1464379660' post='3059097']
Love it, great work, comments and likes added
[/quote]
Thank you Oops. Sophie and Louise will be thrilled.

[quote]
The next one is 29/7 @ The Bassment in Chelmsford if you're free? Would be great to see you again.
[/quote]

Have a gig myself that night. Again. Busting to see you lot but never free!!

Really good band, IMO.

Bowie 'crooning' off to a tee, good rhythm section, and the Adrian Belew guitar parts done really well!

I didn't really think about the video much, but maybe that's a good thing as I was just concentrating on the band and the music.

[quote name='grenadilla' timestamp='1464405581' post='3059267']
Good tone on Let's Dance. Now I must get a real Ray to add to my Ray 34. Those Beatle boots look great! Ask the singer if they hurt his feet? Where can I buy some (I am Stateside) ?
[/quote]
Thank you and yes, definitely get another 'Ray :)
You can never have too many of them IMHO!

Regarding the boots. I have made enquiries and they are very comfortable apparently and were purchased from here....

https://underground-shop.co.uk/product-category/footwear/winklepickers/

They have quite a selection!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1464431997' post='3059403']
Really good band, IMO.

Bowie 'crooning' off to a tee, good rhythm section, and the Adrian Belew guitar parts done really well!

I didn't really think about the video much, but maybe that's a good thing as I was just concentrating on the band and the music.
[/quote]
Thank you for taking the time to listen and your kind comments.

If you like the Belew slant in that, then have a listen to this which was straight off the desk from our last gig....

[url="https://soundcloud.com/warren-byatt/what-in-the-world-final-mix"]https://soundcloud.c...world-final-mix[/url]