Why become a member? ×

Basschat - Your assistance required (Bowie content)

Thanks for that. I've enjoyed it a couple of times now. A highly respectable tribute to the late great man himself.

The video should prove to be excellent promotional material for your band too. Tell them to focus on your hat a bit more next time though. Heeheehee.

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1464457484' post='3059639']
Thanks for that. I've enjoyed it a couple of times now. A highly respectable tribute to the late great man himself.
The video should prove to be excellent promotional material for your band too. Tell them to focus on your hat a bit more next time though. Heeheehee.
[/quote]
You know, I should have taken a photo of the mountain of clothes we took to the shoot. I actually took two hats and forgot to wear even one of them until right towards the end!

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1464439152' post='3059470']

Thank you for taking the time to listen and your kind comments.

If you like the Belew slant in that, then have a listen to this which was straight off the desk from our last gig....

[url="https://soundcloud.com/warren-byatt/what-in-the-world-final-mix"]https://soundcloud.c...world-final-mix[/url]
[/quote]

Fabulous version!

As a life-long Bowie fan (and still in a state of mourning to be honest), that has brought a smile to my face this morning.. Particularly because it's a Bowie tune that doesn't get much attention compared to all of his hits . :)

Whereabouts are you based by the way?

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1464509420' post='3059868']
Fabulous version!

As a life-long Bowie fan (and still in a state of mourning to be honest), that has brought a smile to my face this morning.. Particularly because it's a Bowie tune that doesn't get much attention compared to all of his hits . :)

Whereabouts are you based by the way?
[/quote]
Thank you so much. I'm really pleased that a fan feels we did that song justice.

We're in Essex, but have plans to journey further soon.

[quote name='vmaxblues' timestamp='1464520747' post='3060020']
Excellent on all fronts!
[/quote]
Thanks very much.
The You Tube video has been viewed just over 500 times in less than a week due in no small part to many hits from Basschat.
The deadline for counting is next Monday (6/6/16) so keep 'em coming if you can :)

I'm a huge Bowie fan and that was excellent. Like someone said i was to busy listening to the music that the VID just seemed to work so well it flowed. All worked very well together and band sounded tight.
Can't fault it and at zero cost to band there's no downside whatsoever.
Well done to all

Dave

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1464676677' post='3061244']
I'm a huge Bowie fan and that was excellent. Like someone said i was to busy listening to the music that the VID just seemed to work so well it flowed. All worked very well together and band sounded tight.
Can't fault it and at zero cost to band there's no downside whatsoever.
Well done to all

Dave
[/quote]
Thanks Dave. I'll let Sophie and Louise know.

Really enjoyed that. Sounded and looked great. I actually loved the guitar sound ob Fashion. As good as the original IMO. Am going to see Ultimate Bowie at Leeds Brudenell Club tomorrow night - that should be good then rehearsing my own new Bowie tribute, The Bewlay Brothers for the first time on Tuesday. Excited. Keep up the good work buddy