Why become a member? ×

Fun Times with Interparcel

Clarky72

I had a great experience with Interparcel today after they failed to pick up a bass from me, and point blank refused any compensation for messing up. Lovely bunch of people, I won't be using them again.

I decided to write to Customer Services after spending almost an hour on the phone to them... Absolutely useless, won't be using them again.

Edited by Clarky72

Pathetic. Words are sooooo easy to say, but meaningless unless you intend to honour them. It's like the old Bonzo's song Shirts, when the guy in the song takes his to a 24 Hour Dry Cleaners. When being told they would be ready a week Thursday or something similar, and asking why the sign said 24 hour cleaning he was told "it's just the name of the shop, dear".

Interparcel's specified collection time service is little short of a complete rubbish IMO.

Interparcel will have no idea of the collection times of drivers in specific areas.

I specified 9am-1pm for collection of a bass I sold. 5.30pm UPS turned up. I personally blame both Interparcel and UPS for wasting my whole day. Interparcel shouldn't have offered a product that could in no way be honoured and UPS for its part and not providing accurate information to 3rd parties.

It's the second time in less than 6 months UPS have not been in my good books. Another bass I sold on here was left in a transit cage outside. The cardboard packaging was sodden apparently. Fortunately I pack stuff with so much bubble wrap the bass was still dry.

So, Interparcel and UPS. I'll be trying my hardest to avoid them.

Problem is, just WHO do you use? Every single courier company has nightmare stories associated with them if you look. There's definitely a niche in the BC market for a bespoke luxury courier service by bass players for bass players. I've got a car and loads of time on my hands! Trouble is, I don't think my rates would be very competitive - and there's the rub. :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1464181031' post='3057288']
.................There's definitely a niche in the BC market for a bespoke luxury courier service by bass players for bass players. I've got a car and loads of time on my hands! Trouble is, I don't think my rates would be very competitive - and there's the rub. :)
[/quote]

Spot on! :D

I've always done ok with Interparcel and particularly UPS who I rate. But this is no comfort for the OP. So sympathies. Hermes are the worst. So many times you see the tracking for a two day service and the goods leave the depot go out for delivery and come back again. Up to three times before the stuff finally comes ParcelForce seven days later.
Yesterday I ordered a Merc air filter, free delivery, and it was delivered two hours later. That's the way to do it.

Hope you get your problem sorted soon.

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1464184708' post='3057321']
Hermes are the worst. So many times you see the tracking for a two day service and the goods leave the depot go out for delivery and come back again. Up to three times before the stuff finally comes ParcelForce seven days later.
[/quote]
I've also had bad experiences with Hermes and ParcelForce. ParcelForce are the worst handlers IMHO, they've smashed a bass and an amp of mine.

Yesterday I ordered a Merc air filter, free delivery, and it was delivered two hours later. That's the way to do it.
[/quote]
Wow, now that is good!!

Hope you get your problem sorted soon.
[/quote]
Thanks! :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1464181031' post='3057288']
Problem is, just WHO do you use? Every single courier company has nightmare stories associated with them if you look. There's definitely a niche in the BC market for a bespoke luxury courier service by bass players for bass players. I've got a car and loads of time on my hands! Trouble is, I don't think my rates would be very competitive - and there's the rub. :)
[/quote]

If only there was a bespoke instrument carrier.

I've considered using Shiply as it stays in one van, in one person's hands, but its so pricy...

Social media is a good way to get your point across most of these big companies pay attention to bookface and tw*ter a lot more than letters and emails as it reflects on them and can be seen/followed by the General public? In fact a lot of companies now have whole departments looking out for mentions of them.

[quote name='Joebethell' timestamp='1464203427' post='3057587']
Social media is a good way to get your point across most of these big companies pay attention to bookface and tw*ter a lot more than letters and emails as it reflects on them and can be seen/followed by the General public? In fact a lot of companies now have whole departments looking out for mentions of them.
[/quote]

It does indeed pay to use social media. You'd be surprised how quickly you get a response if you have a good grumble on a companies facebook or twitter accounts

The trouble seems to be nowadays we are offered increasingly poor service and if we want a better service (what would have been a standard service 10 years ago) we are now expected to pay a premium for it

We are having a cooker delivered this week, if we wanted it delivering some time between 9am on Thursday 26th May and August the 15th, it was free, if I wanted to narrow it down at all it became more expensive, if I wanted to narrow it down to a specific day and during daylight hours...well that was in the ultra premium bracket!

It's like the current parcel delivery options from Royal Mail, for a top premium price they will deliver next day at a specific time, for a lower price they will deliver with a couple of days and for a rock bottom price they will deliver to someone in your postcode area and you get to go and find it!

In a few years time it will even cost you to go and collect it from the sender, the standard service will be you pay for it and they don't let you have it

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1464204211' post='3057597']
It does indeed pay to use social media. You'd be surprised how quickly you get a response if you have a good grumble on a companies facebook or twitter accounts
[/quote]

I tried this on Twatter and got the same argument back from them that they refuse to help and frankly didn't care less...

https://twitter.com/interparcel/status/735467585106550784

I think we've all had poor service from couriers at some time, haven't we? We all know that they're a bunch of liars and half wits. A drummer friend of mine is a manager for UPS and says the same. After all, what qualifications do you need to be a Driver? (a driving license is not a qualification). On one occasion I was even told that my address doesn't exist.

Until somebody introduces a way to impose a fine on poor performers I think it's unlikely that anything is going to change. In the meantime all we can do is pay the money and trust to luck.

I think that I'm lucky in that my regular Parcelforce driver was friends with an elder brother so I know that he's not the weak link and he'll try to sought things out for me when they go wrong.[b]This is the only reason that I use PF[/b]. If he can't fix it for that day then I'm pretty much f**ked and have to accept it.

Discreet, please print your T&Cs....I may have some work for you.

FWIW my wife has just had a whine on Trip Advisor about a hotel we stayed at... had a message asking her to call one of the directors the next day, because she got so many hits on TA for it! So maybe we need a Parcel Advisor site or similar!

I went into Sainsburys about a year ago to complain about something. The customer services lady said she couldn't help and there was nothing they could do. So I asked her what the next level of escalation was. She said the checkout lead so I asked her to get that person to see me.

I spoke with this bloke and he said the same as the customer service lady so I asked the same question again - what is the next level of escalation. It was the duty manager. Ok, I'd like to see him please.

The exact same thing happened again so I escalated again until the store manager came down (this is about an hour later from when I first walked in. Anyway, the store manger gave me a full refund!

Another tip is to try to find a company director(s) email address on Google and contact them. I did that for a car parking ticket and it worked.

Now with all these types of things I just keep completely calm and continue through the escalation process.

Edited by thebassist

The Interparcel T+C are bollocks

[color=#4D5459][font=arial][size=3]7.1 [/size][/font][/color][color=#4D5459][font=arial][size=3]Collection dates and times are not guaranteed unless you have selected a '[/size][/font][/color][url="http://www.interparcel.com/help/faq.php?category=Collection%20and%20Delivery"]Guaranteed Collection Service'[/url][color=#4D5459][font=arial][size=3] such as Interparcel Premium[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#4D5459][font=arial][size=3]Then[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#4D5459][font=arial][size=3]7.2 [/size][/font][/color][color=#4D5459][font=arial][size=3]Any time slots selected are only a request and collections may be made any time from 9am up until 5.30pm should this be the driver's only option (up until 9pm on any given working day for The Yodel & Hermes Economy Service), The driver will always keep to the requested time slot where possible[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#4D5459][font=arial][size=3]Which takes precedence? I dont know.[/size][/font][/color]