Why become a member? ×

Caught By Yer Mum

Hobbayne

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1460723785' post='3028184']
Had to re-do a few because she interrupted. It is a bit annoying!
[/quote]
[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1460730626' post='3028281']
She could have caught him doing worse things in his bedroom...
[/quote]

You, ahem, beat me to it...

Ah, memories. My sister told me once that, when I were a lad and a girlfriend and I used to disappear to my room, supposedly to "listen to music", which we turned up loud believing it would cover any noise we made, the light fitting in the living room (which was directly beneath my room) would start to swing from side to side. My father would look up from his paper, roll his eyes, look at my mother and harrumph. Fair play to them for not disturbing us.

[quote name='Dan Dare' timestamp='1460733317' post='3028316']
Ah, memories. My sister told me once that, when I were a lad and a girlfriend and I used to disappear to my room, supposedly to "listen to music", which we turned up loud believing it would cover any noise we made, the light fitting in the living room (which was directly beneath my room) would start to swing from side to side. My father would look up from his paper, roll his eyes, look at my mother and harrumph. Fair play to them for not disturbing us.
[/quote]

Do you mean that the bass in the music was hitting the lamp fitting's resonant frequency?

[quote name='Dan Dare' timestamp='1460733317' post='3028316']
...a girlfriend and I used to disappear to my room, supposedly to "listen to music", which we turned up loud believing it would cover any noise we made, the light fitting in the living room (which was directly beneath my room) would start to swing from side to side...
[/quote]

There's a light-bulb joke in there somewhere, but for the life of me I can't think what it is.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1460735058' post='3028338']
Do you mean that the bass in the music was hitting the lamp fitting's resonant frequency?
[/quote]
What a great euphemism. "Hey babe... fancy popping upstairs to hit a resonant frequency..?" :lol: