Why become a member? ×

Barefaced cabs.

Marty Forrer

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1457105901' post='2995430']
Which amp stand do you use please?
[/quote]

I don't know which amp stand ghost_bass uses, but I'm currently using a [url="https://www.thomann.de/dk/km_28130_ampstaender.htm"]K&M amp stand[/url] with my Big Baby II and TC RH450 on top. The stand can handle 35kg so it's no problem at all and I get the best sounding bass monitor on the planet, when I'm playing with a large PA.

[quote name='pete_the_beat' timestamp='1457346775' post='2997487']
I don't know which amp stand ghost_bass uses, but I'm currently using a [url="https://www.thomann.de/dk/km_28130_ampstaender.htm"]K&M amp stand[/url] with my Big Baby II and TC RH450 on top. The stand can handle 35kg so it's no problem at all and I get the best sounding bass monitor on the planet, when I'm playing with a large PA.
[/quote]

Excellent, thanks for that.
It actually has go me thinking about a slight variation using a fishing seat box trolley and pipe foam. Ho hum, thinks :)

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1457350482' post='2997537']
I've got 2 supercompacts and they're great - one is easily enough for all gigs. For some gigs I've actually taken both in for aesthetics but only plugged the top one in. Works a treat.
[/quote] Mine arrived today :) When you use just the one do you have it raised or on the floor ? & How many gigs did hey take to break in properly ? cheers .

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1457105901' post='2995430']
Which amp stand do you use please?
[/quote]

I use a Rockstand, got it from thomann but they don't seem to have it available at this time:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rockstand-Combo-Amp-Stand-Medium/dp/B00735VEBE

I find this pretty handy as i can use it with both arms at the same height to use the 2x12" or use one lower so i can have my combo tilted. Lets see if i can link some pics:

If you look at the left side i had both my stands being used by the guitards on that gig, one had his cab tilted and the other straight.

Great to see the love for Barefaced. I can't comprehend the old "I can't afford it" wail though. I live in New Zealand, so I not only have hefty freight, but also Goods and Service Tax, customs entry tax, various other little charges, and the GST on all of those too. However, the benefits of the Barefaced are worth every bit of it. I can't wait to get my second one! Incidentally, the cab I sold to finance the second one was a Greenboy fEARful 12/6, a wonderous cab, but the weight was a bit much for my crumbling vertebrae.

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1457354764' post='2997604']
Mine arrived today :) When you use just the one do you have it raised or on the floor ? & How many gigs did hey take to break in properly ? cheers .
[/quote]

If using one it's just been on the floor up til now. Have been considering some sort of stand / kick back mind you..

Regards break-in I'd say they were broken in by the end of the 3rd gig I did with them.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1457417687' post='2998219']
I loved my BigOne. It had me convinced I need a 15" to get those lows. I then bought my One10 and that theory went straight out of the window.

Loving the One10 massively. It looks far better in my lounge at home too.
[/quote]

Although my Big Baby II gets hauled along to most gigs I will never part with my BigOne. Plus, when you combine them, you have a tower of doom :lol:

Had my G2 Compact and G2 Midget for a while now and foresee several more years with them as they work brilliantly for me. Lent my rig to the bass player in another band the other weekend and he's now after some BF cabs.

I like surprising people by showing them that my 'bass cab' sounds great as a HiFi speaker when I play CD's through it. Then demonstrating how good it still sounds as the windows start rattling. Up goes the volume! Now, it wouldn't hurt to have another, right?

Guest bassman7755

This thread is kind of like an AA meeting where folks can confess their addiction without fear of ridicule <_<

My turn I guess ... my names bassman and I'm a barefaced fanboy (2 compacts and a midget) ...

Edited by bassman7755

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1457508715' post='2999105']

You may have mentioned it before... :D
[/quote]

Ha ha!!! See how I anguish with the justification to make another gear related purchase? Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! I just need to say it one more time!

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1457502551' post='2999084']
This thread is kind of like an AA meeting where folks can confess their addiction without fear of ridicule <_<

[/quote]

Which doesn't happen often on BC it seems!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1457513096' post='2999141']
Ha ha!!! See how I anguish with the justification to make another gear related purchase? Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! I just need to say it one more time!
[/quote]

Ha! Surely "Candyman! Candyman!..." is a more suitable mantra!

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1457502551' post='2999084']
without fear of ridicule <_<
[/quote]

Which reminds me... certain people haven't appeared on the thread yet... never known to resist a Barefaced bashing...imo... :)