Why become a member? ×

Boxes / bags, how do you get your stuff to the gig

Woodinblack

I have a selection of highly trained operatives who are attuned to all my bass playing needs.

If for whatever reason they are unavailable then I use a sports kit type bag and a rucksack. Amps and basses in their gig bags and cabs as they are (not to self - should really get some covers).

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1454844018' post='2973376']
not to self - should really get some covers
[/quote]

Careful what you wish for, I said that yesterday as I got a bit of a scuff on my new TC RS112 the other day and said 'really I should get some covers'. My wife said 'Oh I will make you one' which is her normal answer - she makes hammocks for pets out of fleece, so I said, no thanks, I don't need a pink cupcake cover.

Then later I went into the hall to get my stuff for the gig, and found this:

[IMG]http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/alienrat/IMG_0869_zpsjk8nlv2z.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1454854123' post='2973531']
Careful what you wish for, I said that yesterday as I got a bit of a scuff on my new TC RS112 the other day and said 'really I should get some covers'. My wife said 'Oh I will make you one' which is her normal answer - she makes hammocks for pets out of fleece, so I said, no thanks, I don't need a pink cupcake cover.

[/quote]

:lol:

We have a very sophisticated system, with plastic open crates for the cabling (one for Speakons, another for mains cables and multi-plugs, yet another for xlr and another for Guitar 1's pedals and stuff...), shopping bags for the Guitar 2 cables, bass cables are in the flight with the bass amp, bass in a case. My drums are in soft, padded cases, cymbals in their flight case, drum accessories in a wooden box, stands are piled in at the end, with the tractor-seat drum throne and carpet to stop it all from rattling around.
When loaded, it looks like this, for short, local trips...

The 'cubes' are loaded first; the rest packed around 'em...

We are five (well, four plus myself; I don't count for much more than winding cables, these days..! :blush: ), and all take their share of loading, packing away, etc. In those photos, we're 'backline only'; there's more (and more careful packing...) when we have the PA and monitors to carry.

I can probably reduce what I'm carrying now as the guitarist has got XLR cables to run to the main speakers. Small suitcase (carry-on luggage size) with IEC cables, 6-way and 10-way mains extensions, XLR leads which I don't need as we've gone to wireless mics except for the times when the wirelesses might not work for some reason, XLR to TRS leads that I don't need to carry around any more but will forget on the one occasion that I need them if I don't, and a few spare jack-jack instrument cables. One small aluminium case for wireless, MS60-B, and the combined power and jack-jack lead to go between them and the amp. Second small aluminium case with amp, assorted speaker leads, and a second combined power and jack-jack lead just in case. Smaller aluminium case with wireless mics in it. Larger aluminium case with wired mics and drum mics in it that we never use.

I've got a black plastic toolbox that I've been using for a while for the various miscellaneous items. There's a shallow top section which is useful for earplugs and other small items. I could probably get away with downsizing to something smaller, actually - I recently got a pedalboard, so there's a bit more space in the toolbox than there used to be (and I now have one more thing to carry).

S.P.

Edited by Stylon Pilson

[IMG]http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp133/alienrat/IMG_0869_zpsjk8nlv2z.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]
Good for dissuading light fingered folk
Who would steal that ?

[/quote]

I've got 6 d&b audiotechnik monitors here. Do you think she could sort me out?