Dear guest,

Welcome to the biggest community for bass players in Europe. You'll find the site a great source of information and advice.

Why not sign up now and:

• Say hello - tell us about your playing, your gear and where you're from.
  • Search the database for inspiration or to find out more about your instrument
  • Upload an avatar and profile picture
  • Buy one of the thousands of items in our marketplace
  • Safely sell your items to a community of proven enthusiasts
  • Upload pictures, audio and videos
  • Buy exclusive items at discount through our shop (coming soon!)

Go on, click the button and become part of it today!

Sign in to follow this  
danbowskill

tech 21 bass fly rig

I always wondered why they never introduced one the same time as the guitar version ?
Here it is .......shame its coloured by the vt500 head

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FHiKIpcUqfc

[quote name='danbowskill' timestamp='1453404748' post='2959289']
shame its coloured by the vt500 head
[/quote]

True... If there's a Sansamp in it, why didn't they do as they themselves recommend and plugged it into the FX return instead...

The lack of mid's is probably why they didn't DI it :-D
A VT instead of the bass driver might have sold it for me.
Handy as a throw in your bag Direct out with no amp thing,but I'm not feeling the Oct/filter side of this.

[quote name='danbowskill' timestamp='1453449696' post='2959541']
A VT instead of the bass driver might have sold it for me.
[/quote]

It has a Character knob so it kind of is a VT Bass I think?

I didn't see that( just looked on their site) a mid knob as well,that sounds better :-) .....I loved the vt bass, but thought the bass driver was rubbish,especially in a band mix Edited by danbowskill

The Bass Driver can have mids if you don't whack up the bass and treble (eg back them off)....and/or use the amp if using it as an 'effect'...or if straight into the PA, just bump the mids.

Personally I love low mids but the BDDI is still a classic.

[quote name='danbowskill' timestamp='1453404748' post='2959289'] I always wondered why they never introduced one the same time as the guitar version ? Here it is .......shame its coloured by the vt500 head https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FHiKIpcUqfc [/quote]

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1453421508' post='2959475'] True... If there's a Sansamp in it, why didn't they do as they themselves recommend and plugged it into the FX return instead... [/quote]

pretty sure the blend on the amp is fully CCW so there should be no colouring from the amp

The more I think about it the more I think i like it.

Seeing the character knob looks promising. XLR out and built in tuner were sadly overlooked in the guitar Flyrig, but gladly present here.

This could be the answer to my live giving situation - all in one box! Edited by NoirBass

I'm very interested. Its got all I want in one package. They have thought about this better than the Guitar FlyRig IMO

I might be interested in this if the Fuzz could stand on its own as a quality fuzz... Doubt that will be the case with the lack of controls for it. Also, the octaver is after the Sansamp and maybe the fuzz in the signal path, which is not ideal...

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1453840912' post='2963384']
So it doesn't appear to have the blend knob to retain and mix your clean signal?
[/quote]

Same as the VT Bass then...

By the way, saw another review of this where they said it has less gain than the VT Bass because you can make up for it with the Boost feature.

Available to preorder - nearly £400 though, Ouch!

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/tech-21-sansamp-bass-fly-rig-5-mini-multi-effects/129692?gclid=COu_9N_s58oCFYMewwodDAYLhw

Ouch! Thats just put me right off. It does do some more stuff over the guitar ones granted. But then, £380 ain't cheap.