Why become a member? ×

Poll, how many many basses have you got?

PaulWarning

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1444997471' post='2887995']
Mrs C must have huge feet!
[/quote]

Conversely Mrs C has ridiculously small feet... I often point and laugh at them.

... despite the lack of availability of normal person shoes in a size 2 she has managed to aquire a collection of a biblical scale. :mellow:

Edited by CamdenRob

I have 2 basses. One an American Special P and the other a G&L L2000. Also have all the hardware (including a Wizard PJ set of pups) except body and neck for a build I was going to do.

I have one electric guitar, an Ibanez Roadstar from 1984 that I rescued out of a skip, and one acoustic guitar.

Think that's all I'll be allowed.

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1445001077' post='2888057']
Holy Smokes Rob

Size 2 !!! A bit difficult to store stuff in a matchbox sized shoebox...
[/quote]

Yes I often worry about losing her down drains, cattle grids, cracks in the road etc...

Edited by CamdenRob

I have 5 and they are all for a reason.

1. My Fender Japan Jazz 66 Reissue is pretty my daily these days. It's what I would use pretty much for most things apart from fretless. I just feel the most comfortable playing it.
2. My ESP 400 Series Jazz used to be my main workhorse for the last 25 years and has toured and recorded everywhere. It's pretty beaten up now, sounds amazing, has sentimental value to me and is now fretless. My main fretless work horse.
3. My Stingray was always my dream bass and when I signed my record deal and got my advance I bought one. It's what I had always worked towards getting as a bass player.
4. My Fender Japan 51 Precision is a new addition but something that I wanted as a collectors item for some Motown retro fun. It's very beaten up but looks and sounds great.
5. My Warwick Streamer Jazzman fretless was the fretless bass I wanted to get when learning very much like the Stingray was. It's a great bass but I am a Fender man and not for me so will be sold/traded at some point.

• 1 month later...

I have my Maruszczyk as my main bass. I've got a cheapnas chips Harley Benton that i noodle on when sitting on the couch - safer that wat since my bouncy staffie is a risk. Then I have a fretless, a six string I use for a couple of songs and for playing some dream theatre covers and an ibanez that I'm in the process of selling as the skinny neck cramps my hands. So kind of justifiable all in all.

Saying that I'm sure I'll pick up a few more for a bit of variety as time goes on. I'd like a maruszczyk Jake with flats atnsome point as well as a mm stingray...

• 2 months later...

Two. One bass and amp at home and one bass and amp in private rehearsal room. I find that going to a rehearsal is much less effort if I don't have to take anything with me.

Oops. Edit: Three. I forgot about the four string for people to use at jam nights. I never use it because I am too used to five strings, now.

Edited by colgraff

One. I went up to 5 at one point, but realised that I wanted to make 'my sound' and always gravitated towards one bass. It's outplayed and outlived all the others, and I've had it for 10 years now!

Doesn't stop me looking for a second, though. I'll never learn...