Why become a member? ×

Poll, how many many basses have you got?

PaulWarning

I've got three basses at present, tho that has varied in the past to five at most. In terms of real need, I could survive on one no problem, and did for years.

I ended up a few years ago with lots of cheaper ones and I realised if I flogged them I could just as easily afford one more good one.

I must admit that having some new, interesting good gear does help keep things fresh musically, even if it's just within my own head and my own outlook, rather than something hugely noticeable to my fellow musicians.

Zero. There's no option for zero.
Hopefully it won't be zero for ever but I had to sell my last bass during the summer to pay the rent. Still got a bass cube 30 under the stairs.
I stalk the classifieds looking for something like a natural westone thunder around £100, (so if you've got one languishing under the bed.... nudge, wink, nudge, hint, etc).

[quote name='Shambo' timestamp='1455365529' post='2978428']
Zero. There's no option for zero.
Hopefully it won't be zero for ever but I had to sell my last bass during the summer to pay the rent. Still got a bass cube 30 under the stairs.
I stalk the classifieds looking for something like a natural westone thunder around £100, (so if you've got one languishing under the bed.... nudge, wink, nudge, hint, etc).
[/quote]silly me, what a pratt I am, assuming that anybody who used this site had a least one bass, shame you live in Plymouth, I've got an Encore bass you could have for nothing, because that's what it is worth (as mentioned earlier I found it leaning against a dustbin)

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1455494484' post='2979656']
silly me, what a pratt I am, assuming that anybody who used this site had a least one bass, shame you live in Plymouth, I've got an Encore bass you could have for nothing, because that's what it is worth (as mentioned earlier I found it leaning against a dustbin)
[/quote]

Why don´t you just ship it to him? I´m sure it will only cost 10 pounds..,

If you´re interested, I´d be more than happy to participate in the shipping costs in order to help a fellow bass player get a bass!

[quote name='Stance' timestamp='1455498617' post='2979667']
Why don´t you just ship it to him? I´m sure it will only cost 10 pounds..,

If you´re interested, I´d be more than happy to participate in the shipping costs in order to help a fellow bass player get a bass!
[/quote]I'm afraid my generosity only extends to handing it over on my door step

Don't worry guys, I've had five different basses I can remember since I've been a member of this site, never more than two at one time, and with the occasional wait in between them. This is just one of those waiting times... the chase makes the capture more sweet.
Thank you for your generosity of thought, Basschat is a good forum for that. Bass player solidarity makes me return to stalk gear and contribute even if I'm not playing.

[quote name='Shambo' timestamp='1455526312' post='2979729']
Don't worry guys, I've had five different basses I can remember since I've been a member of this site, never more than two at one time, and with the occasional wait in between them. This is just one of those waiting times... the chase makes the capture more sweet.
Thank you for your generosity of thought, Basschat is a good forum for that. Bass player solidarity makes me return to stalk gear and contribute even if I'm not playing.
[/quote]

There's a couple of peavey basses in the local Cash generator in Leicester for £70 a piece.