Why become a member? ×

RickenFakers

Happy Jack

• 2 months later...

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1375705197' post='2164456']
But it could be argued that it's enabling selling, hence the question.
[/quote]

As far as I remember (I've not checked...), the consign was any debate, discussion, pictures are fine, but no selling, or linking to sales. I fear that the post above is out of order (that's for the mods to decide, of course...), but other than that: business as usual. I could be wrong (last time was 1959... ;) )

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1375707643' post='2164509']
As far as I remember (I've not checked...), the consign was any debate, discussion, pictures are fine, but no selling, [b]or linking to sales[/b]...
[/quote]

Surely that's the whole point of this thread and why it's it this section of the forum?

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1375709196' post='2164536']
Surely that's the whole point of this thread and why it's it this section of the forum?
[/quote]

Very true; I'd never noticed that. Candidate for displacement, maybe..?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1375700537' post='2164366']
The thread's OK, it's the selling that's off limits. Offerings on other sites are equally forbidden. Is a reminder appropriate..?
[/quote]

For ease of reference ...

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/209823-rickenbacker-on-basschat/

:)

Might be more appropriate to relocate this thread out of the Marketplace and perhaps sticky it in the Bass Guitars section purely for reference.

Question for personal clarification - can we still post pics of owned instruments that are not for sale? Not sure about the breadth of JH's litigious hissy-fit!

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1389525162' post='2334981']
Question for personal clarification - can we still post pics of owned instruments that are not for sale? Not sure about the breadth of JH's litigious hissy-fit!

Jon.
[/quote]
[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1389528448' post='2335048']
I've been referring to my Cimar bass, which looks vaguely like the bass of a well known USA manufacturer. Do I need to be so circumspect?
[/quote]
Hamster's post which laid down the rules on this said
[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif]Posting links to other sites containing adverts for Rickenbacker products is not permitted.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][size=4]Discussion remains unchanged.[/size][/font][/color][/quote]
He doesn't specifically mention photographs but if used for purely illustrative purposes they would seem to fall under the rubric of discussion. :)

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1389569684' post='2335739']

As I understand it, neither I'm afraid as it can still be seen as advertising the item for sale.
[/quote]

Then why is this thread allowed to run? It's sole purpose is to post links to fake rickenbackers, which your post says we are not allowed to do.

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='ubassman' timestamp='1389518067' post='2334906']

For ease of reference ...

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/209823-rickenbacker-on-basschat/

:)
[/quote]

Interesting to read that again six months on. Hamster says that the purpose of the ban is to prevent copies of Rickenbackers appearing in the market place, however unwittingly. Yet the whole point of this thread is for copies of Rickenbackers to appear in the marketplace deliberately.

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='simon1964' timestamp='1389569775' post='2335742']
Then why is this thread allowed to run? It's sole purpose is to post links to fake rickenbackers, which your post says we are not allowed to do.
[/quote]
[quote name='simon1964' timestamp='1389572350' post='2335778']
Interesting to read that again six months on. Hamster says that the purpose of the ban is to prevent copies of Rickenbackers appearing in the market place, however unwittingly. Surely the whole point of this thread is for copies to appear in the marketplace deliberately?
[/quote]

I wouldn't know about its original purpose, but this thread is for showing off, discussing, praising or criticising Rickenfakers (and real Rics, if you're so minded...). No selling, trading, buying, wanting or in any way promoting or favouring such is permitted. Being in the 'Marketplace' section has become an anomaly, which could, perhaps be addressed, but, in any case, any hint of trading Rics or fake Rics will be deleted. This was widely discussed a while back, and it was decided, following threats from outside of legal action, to ban all commercial posts concerning Rics. This was to protect the forum.
Hope this helps.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1389573100' post='2335788']

I wouldn't know about its original purpose, but this thread is for showing off, discussing, praising or criticising Rickenfakers (and real Rics, if you're so minded...).
[/quote]

I'm not sure that's right though, is it? My understanding was that we cannot post links to real Rickenbackers in the ebay thread?

[quote name='simon1964' timestamp='1389572350' post='2335778']
Interesting to read that again six months on. Hamster says that the purpose of the ban is to prevent copies of Rickenbackers appearing in the market place, however unwittingly. Yet the whole point of this thread is for copies of Rickenbackers to appear in the marketplace deliberately.
[/quote]
I presumed that Hamster meant 'the Basschat marketplace' rather than 'the marketplace'.

[quote name='simon1964' timestamp='1389573272' post='2335789']
I'm not sure that's right though, is it? My understanding was that we cannot post links to real Rickenbackers in the ebay thread?
[/quote]

One may post discussion, pics etc of RICS and/or fake Rics, as long as there's no trade, or links to trade.
No links to fake nor real Ric eBay items are permitted., nor are these items accepted in the BC Marketplace.

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1389573409' post='2335791']

I presumed that Hamster meant 'the Basschat marketplace' rather than 'the marketplace'.
[/quote]

I've no idea. If we are allowed to post links to Rics on eBay, it would be nice to know. There have been some very nice 4004s on there recently, but I assumed we were not allowed to link to them.