Why become a member? ×

Feedback for Dr Dave

Alien

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Folks,

Dr. Dave very kindly sent me some Strat-like control knobs for my Roscoe Beck V totally free of charge! I offered him some of my hard-earned in exchange, but he wouldn't have it...

So, Dave - I owe you a fair few pints when we finally get to meet!!

Just wanted to share this example with you of what the 'basschat community' is all about and give a big thumbs up for the Dr!

Cheers

Nik

Dr D is one of the nicest blokes I've had the pleasure to do business with. It's worth dealing with him just to be the recipient of one of his highly entertaining PMs alone! Sold me a mongrel Status a couple of years back that he had put together himeslf and it was awesome. Recently we have done business with a BADASS and he bought mine despite geting one cheaper the same day on ebay!
Great bloke.
Chris

• 2 months later...

Just bought a set of Wizard 84s from him. Paid him on Saturday, had a PM on Monday to say they were in the post, and arrived this morning! Well packed too, ingenious use of carrier bags to make sure they didn't get knocked about. Arrived in great nick, and he even labeled them for me so I knew which was for the neck and which was for the bridge!
Great bloke!

What more can be said about the Dr?

He carefully packaged up a lovely pickguard and lovingly wrapped some chrome knobs and despatched them quicksmart to Chez Cetera..... and all before my cheque had even cleared!

What a top bloke! :)

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Dave sent me a Fender Bridge, strap pins and neckplate completely free of charge and wouldn't accept a penny in postage.

I'm incredibly grateful for his generosity and kindness; one of the good guys.

Many thanks Dave and if you ever find yourself down in this neck of the woods, I'd be more than happy to buy you a pint.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

MB1. B)
Visited the Good Dr yesterday (so glad we didnt say today,have you seen the weather! :o ).....he found me a parking space and made me a brew!
No Ordinary Dr this! Had a chat about all things bass and he showed me a very light empty box he had cunningly disguised as his new combo?...Most strange....ive carried heavier shopping!..
"No Trouble here!"
A Totally Hasslehoff free transaction and not a bad brew either!
cabs are Mustard! and sound great (even though theyre still black? :huh: )
Buy and sell with confidence!
Many Thanks!
Martin.

• 11 years later...