Why become a member? ×

thommann shipping delays ?

afterimage

[quote name='afterimage' timestamp='1436346144' post='2817232']
Baited breath. I will call them and ask for refund
[/quote]

What are you going to say? "Please give me my money back because I expected the delivery sooner?"

Not sure you'll get a refund until you get the bass and process it as a return. As far as I recall delivery timeframes are merely an indication, that's why they provide very detailed tracking information. I can understand if you took a day off it was scheduled as out for delivery, but other than that, I think you're just impatient.

[quote name='afterimage' timestamp='1436346030' post='2817230']
Hi guys when I ordered the bass it said 4 days to deliver so I took the day off assuming the extra 24hr delay for update which put it six days assumed it would be on its way out by then if trucks have been broken into I expect it will be damaged no sign off it well pissed off if you read shipping it says four days to UK
[/quote]This page: [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/helpdesk_shipping.html"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/helpdesk_shipping.html[/url] makes it clear that [b]average[/b] delivery time to the UK is 3-4 days and that oversized parcels (e.g bass guitars) [b]can take longer[/b]. Honestly, it sucks that you have to wait for your bass but unilaterally taking a day off to wait for a parcel without specific confirmation that it was definitely going to be delivered on that date is more than a bit silly.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1436325588' post='2817082']
So what if thousands of rioting migrants are jumping on lorries and setting fire to the tunnel and causing hundred-mile tailbacks and whatnot?

Thomann should have anticipated something like this and invested in a fleet of standby delivery Zeppelins. Now I'm going to have to wait anything up to a few days for my pickguard screw.

Disgusted.
[/quote]

[quote name='afterimage' timestamp='1436353255' post='2817327']
This was a telephone order and was told 4 days it is now 9 days now as it shipped on 30 June 08:00am ordered 29 june I can understand shipping delays two days extra but was under the impression guitars where air freighted in
[/quote]

I thought most things would've been by air, simply going by the usual average delivery time.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1436353759' post='2817334']
I thought most things would've been by air, simply going by the usual average delivery time.
[/quote]
i would be very suprised if it was air
it is what it is, it will come (regardless of the fact i want it yesterday ;) )

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1436301562' post='2816954']
Calais disruption is causing loads of postal delays from the Rest of Europe.

It's not Thomanns fault. After all, they are not French truckers!
[/quote]
French Truckers - where is the Rev Spooner when you need him?

Just received an email reply to my chasing the speakers I ordered on 30th June. The reply states:

"Thank you for your email. I am sorry to let you know that due to the recent strike at DHL, a massive backlog was created and lots of parcels have been delayed. However, on Tuesday, the 7th of July, the strike ended and hopefully, you should receive your order by the end of this week."

I feel the OP's pain - I'm an impatient fella when it comes to receiving bought goods. I remember when I bought my Sterling from Thomann and I was checking the tracking infor every couple of hours!

Having said that, the general consensus here is correct - it's not Thomann's fault and there's no point in raging down a telephone at them, as there's absolutely nowt they can do, nor are you entitled to any compensation. Sadly, you're a victim of rotten circumstance and you'll just have to play the waiting game.

I sent my Sterling back to them last Wednesday for a warranty repair - I dare say they haven't received it yet.

I ordered from them a couple of weeks back, about 1am Friday and it took that weekend to deliver. My order was in my town Monday morning. Remarkable, given that by the following Thursday it hadn't made the 10 miles from the depot to mine. Who knows what Parcelforce were up to, I went and collected it in the end.