Why become a member? ×

thommann shipping delays ?

afterimage

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1436550154' post='2819146']
How are you going onto the DHL site ?

You need to access it via the email from Thomann. That will take you to the correct DHL service. Going to DHL via google and entering the tracking number for mine didn't work, but following the Thomann link it did.
[/quote]

Ah, ok. That works. At least it confirms that DHL have some record of it! Ultimately it tells me no more than the Thomann site in that it is still stuck in Cologne after a week!

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1436551888' post='2819171']
Just had a delivery by dpd, never heard of them before. I got 5 hours notice of a 1 hour delivery slot, it arrived 30 minutes into the slot. Tracking gave a link to google map which showed where the van was, what parcel number he was delivering (75) and what my parcel number was (87). Looking at the route the van took across town, it was well organised for shortest routes, updated at every drop. I guess this would be too much to ask of every delivery company. But ParcelForce have alway delivered my Thomann stuff within 36 hours from reaching UK (no strikes in Europe at that time). But really, I should get a life or take bass lessons rather than follow tracking on PC :unsure:
[/quote]

I think it's also with DPD that you get told the van driver's name. Seriously!

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1436551888' post='2819171']
Just had a delivery by dpd, never heard of them before. I got 5 hours notice of a 1 hour delivery slot, it arrived 30 minutes into the slot. Tracking gave a link to google map which showed where the van was, what parcel number he was delivering (75) and what my parcel number was (87). Looking at the route the van took across town, it was well organised for shortest routes, updated at every drop. I guess this would be too much to ask of every delivery company. But ParcelForce have alway delivered my Thomann stuff within 36 hours from reaching UK (no strikes in Europe at that time). But really, I should get a life or take bass lessons rather than follow tracking on PC :unsure:
[/quote]

DPD are about the best around. Whenever I see something it's been delivered by then, I relax.

[quote name='Subbeh' timestamp='1436723994' post='2820242']
Surprised to see that my item was "Received in destination country" at 6PM today, wasn't expecting any movement over the weekend. Updated via the parcel force site, not Thomann.
[/quote]

Having seen this, I have just checked mine and it has also been received in the destination country!! Good news. Hope Chris Sharman's bass was also on the same shipment.

Indeed. Arrived at 17:21 in the destination country. Guess they were in the same truck then and have probably passed through the international immigrant barrier (AKA Calais) without incident. I also was very surprised to see movement on them over the weekend. Lets see what happens now parcel farce have them in hand...

Whatever did we do before tracking numbers came along to help us decide where our purchases should be by what time?

Thomann will ship by another carrier IF you ask them. They have been affected by an industrial dispute at DHL and if you read DHLs German website it says that it will take a bit of time for the major distribution centres to get back to normal. Those of us waiting may have to wait a little bit more but it (and all the tracking) will sort itself out soon enough.

I think the real issue here is communication, or in this case, lack of. It's not really enough to take orders and let the customer work out what is happening... If they had been on the front foot and put a warning notice on the checkout page that due to Dahl strike there will be delays, you have the option to not place the order. Then once ordered they could send out an email with confirmation of order AND advice on delays and expected ETA, with a general update every 2-3 days.
I work in sales, occasionally there are delays, but bad news is always better than NO news!

Mine has arrived! Now its off to our own AJR1515 to be fettled with in a re-stringy and neck-adjusty fashion. Less than 36 hours in the country and it was here with me, credit due to Parcel Farce for that. Ususally when I have had something shipped from overseas it has been the foreign end that was quick then items just got laid up for days when they entered the UK. Not this time though.

[quote name='Damonjames' timestamp='1436773653' post='2820511']
I think the real issue here is communication, or in this case, lack of. It's not really enough to take orders and let the customer work out what is happening... If they had been on the front foot and put a warning notice on the checkout page that due to Dahl strike there will be delays, you have the option to not place the order. Then once ordered they could send out an email with confirmation of order AND advice on delays and expected ETA, with a general update every 2-3 days.
I work in sales, occasionally there are delays, but bad news is always better than NO news!
[/quote]

^^^^THIS! ALL THIS^^^

I also used to work in sales and hope to do so again in the not too distant. It is alwasy better to keep customers informed, even when it is news they may not want to hear. As has been said, a simple notice when proceeding to checkout to say [i]"We are currently experiencing delivery days of 3-5 days"[/i] could have saved me a load of keyboard based venting on here.

Anyway, all is sorted now.