Why become a member? ×

thommann shipping delays ?

afterimage

my parcel made it to the national hub at about midnight and is now loaded for delivery at my local depot, the trouble is that the parcel force delivery to work never arrives before 2 and is usually about 3, that seems like an age!

unusually it took nearly 4 days to get to Koln then parcel force took under 24 hours to get it over here and onto the local delivery van. hopefully It will arrive before i finish today, as it's coming to my work address it's very likely to arrive (difficult to claim no-one was In when we have a staffed reception during office hours) i'll get a polite message from our wonderful reception team when it arrives.

Matt

I finally received the email that everyone else seems to have had about the DHL strike but apprently there is also a strike in Calais <comedy German accent> [i]"Qvikly Hans... blame ze French"[/i] <German off>. Bass is still showing as being in Koln where it has been relaxing with it's feet up for a week now.

Harumph!

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1436520496' post='2818766']
my parcel made it to the national hub at about midnight and is now loaded for delivery at my local depot, the trouble is that the parcel force delivery to work never arrives before 2 and is usually about 3, that seems like an age!

unusually it took nearly 4 days to get to Koln then parcel force took under 24 hours to get it over here and onto the local delivery van. hopefully It will arrive before i finish today, as it's coming to my work address it's very likely to arrive (difficult to claim no-one was In when we have a staffed reception during office hours) i'll get a polite message from our wonderful reception team when it arrives.

Matt
[/quote]
im in the same situation, on van for delivery, bloody hurry up already

[quote name='Chris Sharman' timestamp='1436523527' post='2818820']
I finally received the email that everyone else seems to have had about the DHL strike but apprently there is also a strike in Calais <comedy German accent> [i]"Qvikly Hans... blame ze French"[/i] <German off>. Bass is still showing as being in Koln where it has been relaxing with it's feet up for a week now.

Harumph!
[/quote]

[quote name='Chris Sharman' timestamp='1436523527' post='2818820']

Harumph!
[/quote]

Chris, I think we ordered at about the same time last week and mine is still stuck in bloody Cologne as well. Thinking about contacting DHL directly to see what the hell is going on. Oh the frustration!!!

[quote name='RickyV' timestamp='1436531694' post='2818930']
Chris, I think we ordered at about the same time last week and mine is still stuck in bloody Cologne as well. Thinking about contacting DHL directly to see what the hell is going on. Oh the frustration!!!
[/quote]

Hmmm....I have no plans for the weekend and both of our orders are sitting in Cologne....ROAD TRIP!!!

[quote name='Chris Sharman' timestamp='1436534106' post='2818950']
Hmmm....I have no plans for the weekend and both of our orders are [i]sitting in Cologne[/i]...
[/quote]

Well at least they will smell nice when you get them.

[quote name='Chris Sharman' timestamp='1436534106' post='2818950']
Hmmm....I have no plans for the weekend and both of our orders are sitting in Cologne....ROAD TRIP!!!
[/quote]

Sounds like a plan. However, just to piss me off a bit more..........I decided to go on the DHL website and try entering the tracking reference on there and see if it said anything different to what it says on the Thomann website. It does say something different. It says that it doesnt recognise the reference number!!! What the f*#@ have they done with my bass?

[quote name='RickyV' timestamp='1436540691' post='2819025']
Sounds like a plan. However, just to piss me off a bit more..........I decided to go on the DHL website and try entering the tracking reference on there and see if it said anything different to what it says on the Thomann website. It does say something different. It says that it doesnt recognise the reference number!!! What the f*#@ have they done with my bass?
[/quote]

I wish you hadn't put that as I have just done the same with DHL and got the same result. Seriously concerned now for receiving anything from them EVER!

Looks like we have to go to Germany to fetch it. I suppose we could do it how they did in my grandads day. Take a boat over to Normandy then head up towards Germany from there...

Email now sent to Thomann. I will spare you the majority of the bile but pointing out that of four things I ordered one was delivered, two had apparently already sold out (even though their system told me they were still available) and the fourth was handed over to DHL for delivery although DHL's system does not agree that this is the case.

25% success rate? Not great in my view.

Your Experience May Vary.

[quote name='Chris Sharman' timestamp='1436547094' post='2819110']
I wish you hadn't put that as I have just done the same with DHL and got the same result. Seriously concerned now for receiving anything from them EVER!

Looks like we have to go to Germany to fetch it. I suppose we could do it how they did in my grandads day. Take a boat over to Normandy then head up towards Germany from there...
[/quote]

I sort of feel happier that it is not just mine! Surely they cant have lost 2 guitars. Can they?

I am sure they will turn up eventually but I will be giving DHL a call to hurry them up a bit!

[quote name='Chris Sharman' timestamp='1436548789' post='2819129']
Email now sent to Thomann. I will spare you the majority of the bile but pointing out that of four things I ordered one was delivered, two had apparently already sold out (even though their system told me they were still available) and the fourth was handed over to DHL for delivery although DHL's system does not agree that this is the case.

25% success rate? Not great in my view.

Your Experience May Vary.
[/quote]

I would be very interested in hearing what they have to say.

I imagine they'll mention the dhl strike which probably left a pretty big backlog and that there isn't anything they can do at this point.

All we can do is wait, though it is nice to have this thread, share the annoyance with likeminded BC'ers :lol:

Edited by Subbeh

Interestingly if you put the tracking number into the Parcel Force tracking system it shows up that it has been collected by the partner in Germany and taken to the international shipping centre and is in a status of "Advised" which means they have been advised that it is on the way but it hasnt reached them yet.

This means that Parcel Farce know more about it than the people who currently have it.

Cosmic!<end Rodney Trotter>

How are you going onto the DHL site ?

You need to access it via the email from Thomann. That will take you to the correct DHL service. Going to DHL via google and entering the tracking number for mine didn't work, but following the Thomann link it did.

Just had a delivery by dpd, never heard of them before. I got 5 hours notice of a 1 hour delivery slot, it arrived 30 minutes into the slot. Tracking gave a link to google map which showed where the van was, what parcel number he was delivering (75) and what my parcel number was (87). Looking at the route the van took across town, it was well organised for shortest routes, updated at every drop. I guess this would be too much to ask of every delivery company. But ParcelForce have alway delivered my Thomann stuff within 36 hours from reaching UK (no strikes in Europe at that time). But really, I should get a life or take bass lessons rather than follow tracking on PC :unsure: