Why become a member? ×

New at Retrovibe

kodiakblair

I visited the Retrovibe site yesterday and there's been some changes,all for the good :)

First the website has been tidied up and it appears there's been price changes, all 4 strings being £249.
Dave's also got two new ranges The Angel and Super P.

Gotta say the white Super P just shouts " Buy Me "

Have a look for yourselves folks.

http://www.retrovibe.co.uk/index.html

bartelby

I just took the control plate off my Zygote,pretty big cavity there I'm afraid :unsure:

Plus point was both MM pickups are 4 wire so series/parallel wiring is an option.
It works great on the Evo so now I'm itching to try it on the Zygote.

That's the great thing about David's basses ,with him being a player and tinkerer modding options are
part of the design.

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1435177411' post='2806336']
bartelby

I just took the control plate off my Zygote,pretty big cavity there I'm afraid :unsure:

[/quote]

I thought that might be the case.
It's a shame really.

Surely it wouldn't add too much more to do a rear cavity as you've already got the cover there. You just stick it on the back...

Edited by bartelby

I miss my old RV4. It was huge bang for the buck. Some cheap mods and it was a winner.
The Super-P is very interesting. I really liked the MM style pickups in the RV4. Very punchy. If the neck pocket is the same as a Fender I have a lovely old maple Jazz neck I could drop in to confuse all the gear spotters.

Hmm - that Emperor model might raise the blood pressure of certain jumped-up, litigious Californian CEOs... :lol:

Love the fact David tries to do something different with his basses - I really wish the Super P came with the maple Vantage neck, preferably in a J width.

On second thoughts, I don't, I'd be ordering one if it did.

Jon.

It has come to my attention that the lovely Mr Konig of Retrovibe also has a small quantity of basses in, err.. [i]another[/i] style, which are not available through his website.

Interested parties should contact him directly, or perhaps via the "RickenFakers" FB page.

Which might or might not be a bit of a giveaway. :ph34r:

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1435230469' post='2806700']
Hmm - that Emperor model might raise the blood pressure of certain jumped-up, litigious Californian CEOs... :lol:

Love the fact David tries to do something different with his basses - I really wish the Super P came with the maple Vantage neck, preferably in a J width.

On second thoughts, I don't, I'd be ordering one if it did.

Jon.
[/quote]

Equally, I'm actually pleased there aren't fretted and fretless Super P 5-strings available.

I would be over half a grand poorer today otherwise!!

Well done Retrovibe. Great looking basses at the right price. Nice light weights too. No boat anchors by the looks of it.

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1435234408' post='2806782']
I'd saw those other basses Bassassin but I'm never 100% on the ruling here.

Anyone interested better be quick Mr K says they're selling fast, as they should the green one looks great.
[/quote]

We're fine mentioning they (might possibly) exist. :D No direct links, obviously, and I wouldn't want to post pics until they're all sold.

Which probably won't be long...

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1435232699' post='2806743']
It has come to my attention that the lovely Mr Konig of Retrovibe also has a small quantity of basses in, err.. [i]another[/i] style, which are not available through his website.

Interested parties should contact him directly, or perhaps via the "RickenFakers" FB page.

Which might or might not be a bit of a giveaway. :ph34r:

J.
[/quote]

I have one of the mentioned basses and would love to do a nbd on it, alas I don't know if I am able to or not...

It's a stunner.

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1435350214' post='2808094']
If he ever does a five string version of the naughty unmentionable model, I'd be very interested indeed.
[/quote]

Originally that's what I was after but the vantage 5 string was as close as I could get.

I guess I'm just a suckler for a nice headstock.

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1435351721' post='2808114']
There's always the Rickenfaker thread Coldflows. It's in the Bass Guitar section.
[/quote]

But are we allowed to post outside of the rickenfackers thread? I can't see any reason not too, are they are only banned on the for sale thread?

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1435352541' post='2808126']
Depends on the model as there's the unmentionable and the latest very very unmentionable :D
To be on the safe side I'd go with the Rickenfakers.

Think I did the Harley Benton RB414 outside but you can't put links to it or mention the " other ".
[/quote]

Il take it mine is unmentionable with TWO verys. But I so badly want to show it off.