Why become a member? ×

Wigfindergeneral RIP

vmaxblues

Thats sad news indeed, would you be kind enough to pass on the sympathies and best wishes from Basschat to his friends and family? I don't believe I met him but I hope he passed away peacefully and surrounded by loved ones.

[quote name='vmaxblues' post='268914' date='Aug 24 2008, 03:48 PM']I am sorry to report that a fellow bass player Big Ed AKA Wigfindergeneral has died. I was informed this morning that he passed away.

He was a top guy and will be missed by all those that knew him.

Our thoughts go out to his family.[/quote]
Thanks for posting this vmax, though it really is incredibly sad news! :)

Like Merton and pete.young, I bought some gear (a bass and a cab) from The Wigfinder 2 years ago and during that brief time of dealing with him, I got to know him a little bit. He had an absolutely fantastic sense of humour and had me cracking up every time we spoke on the phone.. When Basschat started up I remember via a PM or two, Ed saying things hadn't been good for him for a while..

As you say, he was a top guy and will be very much missed by his family.

If there's any information you can provide so that I could send a sympathy card or flowers, I'd appreciate it.

Nik