Why become a member? ×

The wait

AndyTravis

Am I the only one who buys gear on here and once it's on the way checks the tracker for parcels every half hour?

It's nearly bloody midnight, what am I expecting to find out?

I'm really excited though, which as a 30 year old bloke makes me realise my inner child is still alive and well.

I've got two new bits of gear arriving so I get to check on 2 trackers - great fun!

A pair of Ashdown Mi12 cabs and a Yamaha TRB5pii, I'm giddy as I've been after this bass ever since I saw Nick Fyffe using one to great effect with Jamiroquai (saw them twice live during his time) and I'm really looking forward to the cabs as they're light and small - they also have a few fans around these parts.

So, am I nuts? Or does everyone stalk their purchases once they're shipped?

Edited by AndyTravis

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1430350550' post='2760641']
I'm doing it right now with some things from Thomman, (New Bass day at somepoint when I put it through the usual tests)

But no you're not alone in this!
[/quote]

'In progress'

Meaningless yet so exciting.

I'm the same. Always a little panic when the slightest hitch happens though (generally just an error on the website mind you.

I bought a pedalboard on here for my bands guitarist and found myself checking the tracking at regular intervals. No clue why, it wasn't even mine or coming to my address! :scratch_one-s_head:

I'm the same - watching any tracking info, stopping what I'm doing if I hear a truck pull up outside, leaving the back and porch doors open if I'm out back working.

You must have a cold heart if you don't, if you ask me

It's a little slice of Xmas :)

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1430377636' post='2760704']
I'm the same - watching any tracking info, stopping what I'm doing if I hear a truck pull up outside, leaving the back and porch doors open if I'm out back working.

You must have a cold heart if you don't, if you ask me

It's a little slice of Xmas :)
[/quote]

The excitement is definitely up there, I suppose now with the little ones I get that Christmas feeling back. But this is mine!

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1430377954' post='2760711']
The excitement is definitely up there, I suppose now with the little ones I get that Christmas feeling back. But this is mine!
[/quote]

:)

I take a lot longer to open the packages these days.....try to savour it a bit.

I'm the same but mine arrived an hour ago. So I've stopped looking :lol:

It will be up for sale tonight(took it as trade as Patch really wanted my PUMA).
Gotta say though, it looks bloody gorgeous and can't wait to fire it up.

But now I'm on the HOME TIME wait, to try it, then photo :rolleyes: :lol:.

I have never ordered a guitar on line and pedals etc usually come with a delivery day. I am quite good in those instances. I have been know to phone and complain if the day is not met, however. :blush:

When I ordered my motorbike the wait from April to August that year was unbearable, especially when I saw others riding them over the summer!

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1430388021' post='2760862']
Waiting for delivery is bad... Waiting for a custom build is worse...
[/quote]

Especially when you read in the build thread "finishing starts tomorrow" and realise that doesn't mean "it'll be finished by tomorrow".

Last week or so has consisted of me being really hopeful of 'that email' arriving.