Why become a member? ×

The diet starts tomorrow!

karlfer

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yomrq_AgWS4"]https://www.youtube....h?v=yomrq_AgWS4[/url]

Somebody recorded our (Troyen) Brofest set, the bands first gig for 33 years.

I knew I'd put on some weight, but Jeez, I could be protected by Greenpeace :blush:

The diet starts tomorrow.

Edit. AHAH!
Apparently it has been downloaded with an incorrect "aspect". I knew I wasn't quite as wide as a Peterbulit truck :rolleyes:

Whilst the powers that be (drummer) works on it, the short term solution is to open the link, then click onto the rectangle, 2nd from right, on the bottom toolbar.
When it opens, click on "cinema"
Then click on the "full screen"

Not ideal but slightly less of a hippo.

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1428866560' post='2745491']
Thats some backline on that stage Karl, loading in/out must take longer than the gigs!
[/quote]

Thankfully somebody else's problem Lozz.

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1428868362' post='2745532']
You know the camera adds a few pounds right?
[/quote]

Gawd bless you guv :D

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1428911223' post='2745737']
I can't see a problem :rolleyes: maybe a longer strap would help :D
[/quote]

More a ten bellies rest than arm chamfer then :lol:

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1428913212' post='2745764']
Music sounds ok tho' ;)
[/quote]

I'm quite surprised to be honest. We kicked our slot off at exactly the same time Newcastle kicked off their second half, a mile away.
The monitor output was hopeless, all I could hear was the singists guitar at ear bleed volume.
By 20 minutes though, the crowd had come down from the upstairs bar, we were doing my favourite number and I started to enjoy it.
Some of the audience were more familiar with the older numbers than I was :rolleyes: :lol:

Thanks all for taking the time and trouble to visit the link :D

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1428924295' post='2745934']
I'm pretty sure the video's been uploaded in the wrong aspect ratio - it's too wide.
[/quote]

How can I put this :unsure:, oh yeah, I know, I LOVE YOU :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, how would we be able to change "the aspect" on the video, as we intend sending it to some promoters and I really don't want to look any more Sumo than I already do.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1428927310' post='2745962']
How can I put this :unsure:, oh yeah, I know, I LOVE YOU :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, how would we be able to change "the aspect" on the video, as we intend sending it to some promoters and I really don't want to look any more Sumo than I already do.
[/quote]

There's a free video conversion tool called 'Any Video Converter' where, if memory serves correct, you can specify the aspect ratio (width and height in pixels) of the output file. I've just taken a screen grab of that YouTube video and I found that reducing the width down to 80% of the original size makes everything look better - you can use the speakers in the 4x10 cabinet seen behind your guitarist as a guide to when you've got the width correct (when those speakers look round not oval).

Thanks chaps.
It appears that it was a bit better than I thought.
It's only a part time project, next two aren't until May, one with Sacrilege and then the Rourke's Drift rally.
Thank God I have the covers band to pay for the GAS I don't have :ph34r: :o :lol:

The Limelight went to a good home :).

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1428941464' post='2746191']...reducing the width down to 80% of the original size makes everything look better...
[/quote]

I went as far as 65% of the original width and it seemed better, too. Any more, and it would become a short-scale bass..! I tried, whilst I was 'at it', to improve the sound quality; a touch of EZMix helps, but there's not much one can do to bring up the bass, unfortunately. There was an improvement, mostly in vocal clarity, but it was never going to rival a 'direct from console' take..! ;)

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1428958208' post='2746493']
Future Friend on YouTube has a real Diamondhead feel to it. Like it.
[/quote]

Thanks very much for that. Spookily the three original members are all Diamond Head fans. They supported them a couple of times in the early 80's.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1428976840' post='2746663']

I went as far as 65% of the original width and it seemed better, too. Any more, and it would become a short-scale bass..! I tried, whilst I was 'at it', to improve the sound quality; a touch of EZMix helps, but there's not much one can do to bring up the bass, unfortunately. There was an improvement, mostly in vocal clarity, but it was never going to rival a 'direct from console' take..! ;)
[/quote]

Thanks Dad, No idea what you are talking about, but I know a man who will :D

Edited by karlfer