Why become a member? ×

the one we sold and now regret

greyparrot

I've modded all my basses (which were rubbish to start with) so ain't managed to sell any, and probably wouldn't be worth selling. Nearly sold my mockingbird to Shockwave cause I greedily saw a profit. Very gald I thought better of that, only bass I have that deals with my band.

I'll be regretting not selling some stuff when my current temping finishes and I'm screwed.

[quote name='Shaggy' post='265915' date='Aug 19 2008, 09:54 PM']Thanks - always really useful to hear from an actual owner/ex-owner. Haven't put me off, I still want one![/quote]

Good luck with your quest! Owning a Bean has changed the entire bass-playing experience for me.

I regret selling my MIM Jazz 5. Well, no I don't, I regret not taking out the J-Retro when I sold it. Fool!

Hopefully I won't regret selling anything ever again but at some point I suspect a bass or two, plus a rig will have to go :) (Actually, one bass will definitely go depending on when I can afford the Streamline 5er and when Nik can persuade Mrs Silver Fox to allow a Groove into the home!)

[quote name='Merton' post='266203' date='Aug 20 2008, 12:15 PM']I regret selling my MIM Jazz 5. Well, no I don't, I regret not taking out the J-Retro when I sold it. Fool!

Hopefully I won't regret selling anything ever again but at some point I suspect a bass or two, plus a rig will have to go :) (Actually, one bass will definitely go depending on when I can afford the Streamline 5er and when Nik can persuade Mrs Silver Fox to allow a Groove into the home!)[/quote]
I'm working on it Mert.. :huh:

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='266680' date='Aug 20 2008, 10:47 PM']I'm working on it Mert.. :)[/quote]
Sadly until I pay off credit card I can't start working on my end of the bargain! Plus added some positive "complications" which I'll explain in Sept when I see ya...

Edited by Merton

[quote name='Merton' post='266831' date='Aug 21 2008, 09:15 AM']Sadly until I pay off credit card I can't start working on my end of the bargain! Plus added some positive "complications" which I'll explain in Sept when I see ya...[/quote]
Very cryptic... Have sent you a PM as we're heading rapidly off-topic! :)

• 1 month later...

Just been looking back over old band pics and GOD do I regret some silly sales I made.

Mainly a Gibson Thunderbird Custom shop which was a prototype for the 87 reissue and my worst faux pas was to sell my Warwick Buzzard nirvana black bolt on.

Whatever happened to the Buzzards......they must be in vaults, under beds or on walls. That was one monster of a bass.

Hindsight hurts sometimes :)

Edited by Voodoosnake

[quote name='Josh' post='299507' date='Oct 4 2008, 06:02 PM']My first real high end bass, a Spector Euro:

It was much more nicer in the flesh, I'd love to have another go with it now, I'm even half tempted to see if the current owner is tiring of it.[/quote]

Hey Josh if the new owner is tired of it and you don't fancy it back... give me a shout :)

I had a 78 ibanez musician which i got when i was a youngster, i stopped playing it when i got my JV squire, i later sold it out of necessity when i drank my rent ( boozy student), i also miss my 98 warwick streamer lx4 in emerald green, that bass was my main one for ages, lovely neck and a great sound, i sold it to buya 91 streamer stage 1 and i didnt like it as much, so was traded, the green one turned up on ebay a while back from a diffrent person but i recognised evry ding, i didnt have the cash for it shame, im still keeping an eye out :) i also let go of a yamaha nathan east 5 in aqua a while ago, which was lovely and got absolutely nothing for it!!!
dont look back guys and gals - lee

I had a Pre-ErnieBall Stingray that was my first proper bass that I sold in a moment of skintness many years ago, I suppose the regret is that at the time I had no idea of the prestige and value it would have now. But the main regret was my Musicman 5 string that my old guitarist got for me very cheap as he was in the trade. I was playing Arias at the time and we went down to a dealer in Torquay for him to do some sort of dodgy deal on something and the 5 was sitting there looking at me. I had a play and fell in love. A couple of days later I went round the guitarists flat and there it was waiting for me. He'd done the deal without telling me and got it for a song. A few years later and after the band split my money went down the pan again and the MM got traded for a Yammy BBN5 plus cash. If I could find the MM again I'd sell a kidney to get it back!

[attachment=14351:get_atta...ent.aspx.jpg]

I also went through the old & rather ell played early 70\'s P bass that I flogged for £200 thing - Pots were a bit scratchy & I couldn\'t be bothered to get them replaced. What\'s even worse is that I bought a Sequential circuits synth instead!

Main regret really though is the Sei 5 string I had. I was never much of a 5 string man but it was a lovely bass. I sold it in order to put a down payment on a Harley I fancied at the time.

The fretted one of the twins was mine :)

Edited by molan

[quote name='barneyg42' post='299741' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:53 AM']I had a Pre-ErnieBall Stingray that was my first proper bass that I sold in a moment of skintness many years ago, I suppose the regret is that at the time I had no idea of the prestige and value it would have now. But the main regret was my Musicman 5 string that my old guitarist got for me very cheap as he was in the trade. I was playing Arias at the time and we went down to a dealer in Torquay for him to do some sort of dodgy deal on something and the 5 was sitting there looking at me. I had a play and fell in love. A couple of days later I went round the guitarists flat and there it was waiting for me. He'd done the deal without telling me and got it for a song. A few years later and after the band split my money went down the pan again and the MM got traded for a Yammy BBN5 plus cash. If I could find the MM again I'd sell a kidney to get it back!

[attachment=14351:get_atta...ent.aspx.jpg][/quote]

I nearly just pissed my pants at that photo :)

Edited by mr_russ

Compared to some of the exotic stuff on here, mine's really mundane. It was a Hondo, sort of SG shaped, 1 P pickup, Gibson style 3 point bridge, 32" scale (i think). Absolutely nothing special apart from it was so easy to pay and sounded really quite nice. Got rid of it in P/X for an amp because it wasn't a "name" bass (I had a couple of Fenders by then). TW*T!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='299537' date='Oct 4 2008, 06:51 PM']Hey Josh if the new owner is tired of it and you don't fancy it back... give me a shout :)[/quote]

Oooo to my suprise he is looking to sell it, so I should hopefully be rekindelled with it soon.