Why become a member? ×

March Composition Challenge - VOTING!

Skol303

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1427441615' post='2730324'] So I currently have 3 fewer votes than a track that doesn't exist... :blink: [/quote]

It's not over until the female with the high BMI vocalises...

On first listen I've whittled it down to, er, 7 or 8. One of the nice things about the SoundCloud playlist is I let it run in a background tab where I could only see the first word of the title - so I don't yet know who each track is by. Rob, you may be on my shortlist :)

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1427448556' post='2730410']
One of the nice things about the SoundCloud playlist is I let it run in a background tab where I could only see the first word of the title - so I don't yet know who each track is by.
[/quote]

That sounds like a good idea, think I'll give that a go when I listen through them.

If only they hadn't taken the soundcards out of the works PCs I'd be listening now... killjoys, its almost like they expect me to actually be doing something.

When done here, cast an eye over the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/256934-march-2015-photo-comp-voting-time/"]Basschat Photo Challenge[/url] entries, and vote for your 3 favourites there. Some stunning pics, all with the theme 'Vanishing point'...

After several listens to all compositions, and a lot of thought 'cos they ALL have much merit ,my votes in no particular order this month will go to :

Skol: really liked this especially the cool bass playing, and general feel of the track.
Dad: for some nice creative touches throughout.
Lurksalot: For doing something totally out of the box!

Cheers,
James
:)

[quote name='Bleat' timestamp='1427644391' post='2732629']
After several listens to all compositions, and a lot of thought 'cos they ALL have much merit ,my votes in no particular order this month will go to :...
[/quote]

Most kind, sir. Thanks. B)

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1427569702' post='2731882']
It might be worth deleting McBass voting option, I fear it might continue the confusion if he has withdrawn, or at least a note to say it has been withdrawn if it messes up the poll .
[/quote]

Ok, I'm going to try deleting McBass' track from the voting.

There is a chance this may crash the poll and break the Internet! Wish me luck... :unsure:

[b]EDIT: it worked[/b]! Phew :)

Edited by Skol303

[quote name='Bleat' timestamp='1427644391' post='2732629']
After several listens to all compositions, and a lot of thought 'cos they ALL have much merit ,my votes in no particular order this month will go to :

Skol: really liked this especially the cool bass playing, and general feel of the track.
Lurksalot: For doing something totally out of the box!

Cheers,
James
:)
[/quote]

Many thanks , James , and my other voter :)

[quote name='Skol303' timestamp='1427656871' post='2732771']
Ok, I'm going to try deleting McBass' track from the voting.

There is a chance this may crash the poll and break the Internet! Wish me luck... :unsure:

[b]EDIT: it worked[/b]! Phew :)
[/quote]

Well done that man , did you get a reason for the withdrawal ?

Just having a listen at the moment, finding it hard to pick out three.
Some interesting stuff going on and well done all.

Ok, went for Skol, Leonard Smalls and The Lord Sausage.

For some reason the SoundCloud iPad app is not letting
me post comments at the moment (sorry folks).

Edited by lowdown

Once again a tough choice, but I finally plumped for 3, whilst thinking that maybe 5 votes would be better..? Or 7, perhaps..? Heck, they're all good, darn it..! Well done, you lot, thanks for sharing your works; onward and upward, eh..?
'Sgonna get even more interesting when we get to over 20 entries, though... :rolleyes:

Voted!

Indeed, tough ckoices this month - all very good, and picking out the three 'best' entries just keeps getting harder and harder :) Still, managed to whittle it down

Ian

PS noticed that Bilbo's entry had fallen off the bottom of the playlist. Still opens OK from the original link though

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1427734488' post='2733642']
Just having a listen at the moment, finding it hard to pick out three.
Some interesting stuff going on and well done all.

Ok, went for Skol, Leonard Smalls and The Lord Sausage.

For some reason the SoundCloud iPad app is not letting
me post comments at the moment (sorry folks).
[/quote] Thanks, i like the 'The' prefix to my name. Makes me sound more regal than i am! :D

[quote name='Lord Sausage' timestamp='1427739359' post='2733720']
Thanks, i like the 'The' prefix to my name. Makes me sound more regal than i am! :D
[/quote]

I had to edit the post.
Originally (and a thick moment accident),
I typed 'The' Sausage!....lol....

[quote name='Bottle' timestamp='1427739274' post='2733717']
PS noticed that Bilbo's entry had fallen off the bottom of the playlist. Still opens OK from the original link though
[/quote]

Story of my life.

Anyway, we can all see where this is going. Can we have the new picture so I can start on that ;)