Why become a member? ×

new chic tune featuring Bernard Edwards

Duarte

I can kind of understand why it might not of made the cut years back, but still sounding very fresh and groovy for 2015.
They had the magic that's for sure.

Whenever I hear Bernard like that, I know I'll never get rid of my Stingray even if he used P, J or anything else on the track :)

Saw them in Leeds last Sunday, amazing. Funny thing though - Nile came onstage around 9pm and introduced
the video for the new song, which was then shown before the gig started! The band later played the song mid set.
And then after the encore, Nile stayed onstage and introduced the video again as punters were starting to
leave!!

Dreadful song. I think BE would be turning in his grave to know they were trudging this out. It didn't make the cut in the 1970's and it certainly doesn't make the cut today.

Don't get me wrong, i think Chic were fantastic back then, but times have changed. It's the same when Bootsy or George releases something new. It just sounds like a pale imitation of the giants they once were.

[quote name='Duarte' timestamp='1426881403' post='2723172']
Just sayin'

https://youtu.be/blkk3rrRXiE

Can't find the one with vox tho!
[/quote]

Fabulous - this came on the radio when I was parked in the supermarket car park - at last, a song with a good bass mix compared with all these whining background passive sounds of today - really rattled my speakers and the bass actually helps drive the track - strangely I heard a Winehouse track this morning which uses the backing of a Motown song and a classic bass part - and the bass drum was more prominent than the bass guitar in the mix...... Jamerson would be horrified.

The chic track really made me smile because it's production is just great and it's very catchy - doesn't sound a 'second' to me and it actually stands out in the current crop of singles, rather like the Daft Punk and Pherell ones did over the last couple of years. Makes me want to grab one of my Stingrays (or Bongo or Sabre) and play some BE lines (many of which he played on hIs Stingray).

How nice to see you back here and other places Mr Duarte 😊

Edited by drTStingray