Why become a member? ×

Warwick 6 string Streamer Stage 1 flamed maple natural
£1800

LiamCt

The address is actually Bolton not Mcr if it's the person in question.

Have you taken this to the Police and have they advised anything? I'm not sure a 3rd party getting involved locally would help the situation or be taken any further by the local plod.

Liam Carter and his company Cartec Audio have their business address as Nortex Mill in Bolton. The full address is freely available on the Cartec Audio website http://www.cartecaudio.com/

His company's Facebook page has a couple of people asking for support last year and they struggled to make contact so it'll be the same person.

I really hope this matter gets resolved ASAP - we shouldn't have to put up with people like him abusing the trust of Basschat members.

Very disheartened to read this in the first instance but quite heartened that people are supporting a member from
Lithuania.
Some good work by Binky, the mods and others and if only the police would or could get involved, we can all hope
this gets resolved...

Best of luck. sorry it has come to this.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1428837892' post='2745005']
Something that's occurred to me regarding this. The guy would've had to pay his £20 or whatever to advertise. Wouldn't that PayPal payment have a name and address ?
[/quote]

Sorry to see this here. Have you contacted the mods about Ambient's suggestion?

I know that if I lived closer to Manchester (i'm in Exeter) I certainly would have no hesitations about popping in and enquiring on his behalf. This marketplace is absolutely fantastic and to have people like this ruining it for everyone else is a really sh*tty thing to do.

I would follow Ambient's suggestion though and try and see if you can get the payment address somehow? If I can help in anyway then I will.

Hi guys.
I contacted with the person form feedback, cartic audio, (as ambien adviced) we compare accounts and not the same. But I think he can use different accounts in different banks.... Maybe.. But the style is very similiar... I am confused...

Regarding mods, I asked them, but they told me that can't help me without police permision.. So I have to wait until the police will start the procedure..

Not the same person, but I almost got stung by someone else in a similar deal. What p**** me off most was that I had to jump through hoops to setup a bank account in the UK with ID and all but I later found out that you can get a bank account & sort-code for these Western Union-style accounts. Looks completely like a bank account but operates nothing like a bank. The scammer just opens an account, take the payment & close it again with only an email address for ID! Are the 2 sort codes similar? Google them and see what bank comes back.

I really do hope the OP gets his money back.

[quote name='tomuks79' timestamp='1428691348' post='2743895']i have bank transfer document that i send 1600 pounds to liam carter, my wifes father live in wisbech and hy do payment.[/quote]

Could you ask your father-in-law in Wisbech to call Manchester Police? Maybe that would get them to look at it.

[quote name='Bloodaxe' timestamp='1429035185' post='2747268']
Could you ask your father-in-law in Wisbech to call Manchester Police? Maybe that would get them to look at it.
[/quote]

That would make sense as the funds/money have effectively been stolen from his F-I-L!

[quote name='funkyjimbob' timestamp='1429014951' post='2747018']
I know that if I lived closer to Manchester (i'm in Exeter) I certainly would have no hesitations about popping in and enquiring on his behalf. This marketplace is absolutely fantastic and to have people like this ruining it for everyone else is a really sh*tty thing to do.

I would follow Ambient's suggestion though and try and see if you can get the payment address somehow? If I can help in anyway then I will.
[/quote]

very nice words ..
It would be nice to be an act
is shameful however hide and give feedback to others ... I talk about our deal ... and your disappearance
you're very luckyhowever dude

yes .. is the better idea .. do it quickly ...
i had a similar problem with a jamed neck problem .. and the seller considers me crazy about that ..
he is very lucky because I would go to London for work and then in your house with my manager and the police ..
last time broke the trip ..
but never to late !!

[quote name='tomuks79' timestamp='1429036020' post='2747283']
Account No: xxxxxxxx
Sort code xxxxxx
Bank NatWest
[/quote]According to the sort code finder that is a NatWest branch in De Havilland Way, Horwich, Bolton. So not a fake western union account.

Edited by Rich

I hope this gets resolved, I hate to hear these kind of sad stories on here. I am sure the Basschat community, including myself, will offer support wherever possible. Let's get to the bottom of this and if there is a dodgy dealer then let's catch this rogue!

[quote name='tomuks79' timestamp='1429036020' post='2747283']
Just information be caryfull if anybody will provide yuo this account:

Account No: --------
Sort code ------
Bank NatWest
[/quote]

I'd be tempted to use those details to order myself a brand new 6 string streamer from Warwick....

On a more serious note, maybe not a good idea to post someones bank details online... thieving scumbag or not.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1429083897' post='2747705']
I'd be tempted to use those details to order myself a brand new 6 string streamer from Warwick....

On a more serious note, maybe not a good idea to post someones bank details online... thieving scumbag or not.
[/quote]

haha that would be amazing. I am inclined to agree though that it probably isn't a good idea to post bank details online although I would have little sympathy for the seller if something were to happen.

Was the payment made to him through your Stepdad? If so then getting him to contact the police would be a good idea, as said earlier.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1429083897' post='2747705']

[/quote]

You'll need a lot more than an account number and sort code to buy something with it. Those details are not exactly a secret ;)

This is one place i feel safe with transactions, never had any issues with anyone on bass chat, i suppose things like this will happen , lot of money to loose, the majority of folks on here have superb feedback making it safe to do business.

[quote name='geofio' timestamp='1429138522' post='2748530']
This is one place i feel safe with transactions, never had any issues with anyone on bass chat, i suppose things like this will happen , lot of money to loose, the majority of folks on here have superb feedback making it safe to do business.
[/quote]
It's shocking to hear of this here. I really hope the OP gets his money back.

This is lesson to us all here to only buy from folk we see who have a history of posting and being active.