Why become a member? ×

Teenage fumbling background music

The Admiral

My mate Andy (nicknamed Lemmy thanks to his Motorhead fixation) was caught in the act of self gratification by his Hells Angel dad. His dad allegedly said "your dinner's ready, make sure you wash your hands". Reason I know this is because Andy's dad took great delight in telling us at a house party where he was the bouncer.

I can't remember what music was playing the first time, I just remember my brothers outside the room, giggling and climbing on each other's shoulders to look through the little window above my bedroom door (I put a curtain up the next day). And then my dad trying to open the door (I was using a cymbal stand from my brother's drum kit under the handle because whenever I had installed locks in the past, my dad would deliberately break them (and laugh while pretending it was an accident)), then banging on it and shouting, asking if I wanted a cup of tea (something he had never done in his life. In fact, he was the kind of person that would shout my name so that I would go downstairs to him to pass him his cup of tea because it meant leaning forward in his chair for him to reach it...).

I do remember another early fumbling where we had a great laugh bonking away to The Macc Lads' Beer & Sex & Chips & Gravy. Blimey she was a fun girl. I would have married her, too, (and we did get engaged) if things hadn't gone sour with her family.

I also remember, a few years later, having a good time to Cradle of Filth's Cruelty and the Beast, with a smoke machine and a strobe light.

[quote name='Maude' timestamp='1424038600' post='2691953']
Why can't you buy that B side on Cd, some of them were better than A sides.
[/quote]

Check out the [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Join-Dots-B-Sides-Rarities-Cure/dp/B00012SYV4/"]Join The Dots[/url] compilation - it's all the B sides plus some rare stuff from soundtracks and compilations.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1424034738' post='2691883']
I'd rather be caught w*****g than listening to Pink Floyd :lol:
[/quote]

Someone I know (and have no reason to disbelieve) told me once that they had met a young lady down the student union and were in the happy situation of going back to her place to continue the evening. Upon getting back to her student digs, they discovered that literally the only album she owned was Dark Side of The Moon. Being a sensible chap he realised what a horrid mistake he was in the process of making, made his excuses, and left :D

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1424122421' post='2692990']
Oh I could claim to love comfortably numb and another brick in the wall if there was some rumpy pumpy on offer :D
[/quote]

Sureley comfortably numb is the last thing you'd want as background music unless necrophillia is your thing

Whilst camping with four mates in 1974, I pulled a girl one evening, went back to her place and returned to the tent three days later having spent a wonderful time with a beautiful young lady. :gas:

The only thing that spoilt it was, she had just bought Tubular Bells and insisted on playing it for the whole three days! :dash1:

[quote name='thebrig' timestamp='1424167892' post='2693274']
Whilst camping with four mates in 1974, I pulled a girl one evening, went back to her place and returned to the tent three days later having spent a wonderful time with a beautiful young lady. :gas:

The only thing that spoilt it was, she had just bought Tubular Bells and insisted on playing it for the whole three days! :dash1:
[/quote]

The "piltdown man" chorus bit on side 2 would make an interestisting soundtrack for getting it on !

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1424298160' post='2694999']
However, if anyone has not heard Tchaikovsky's 6th symphony then you owe it to yourself to put some time aside and sit through it. It is the bomb.
[/quote]

Fantastic piece.
Not to be attempted by a Dog and Duck band though.
The tab would be a nightmare to follow.

Fond memories of Eddy Grant's 'Can't Get Enough' album on tape. Actually it was 2 albums on an extended play tape, they bundled an earlier album 'Message Man' on with it. It was the early 80's and I'm not going into detail, the girl in question has grown up kids of her own now. Still get a xmas card every year though...

Pah, music is for listening to, not fumbling to! And I once saw some tribute orchestra play Tchaik 6.... they all had music stands! (And they got upset when I went up to them while they were playing to ask them to do Sweet Child of Mine.)

However, there was a lady of my acquaintance who always liked to put on the same album/mixtape/whatever in our, er, private moments, and now I can't think of her without hearing Tim Buckley. Hm...