Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

Luckily for my bank balance I couldn't quite get the Elwood spec I'd want so I closed the browser rather that hit the 'buy' button, I'm sure in the coming months when more models are added I'll be in trouble!

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1494171747' post='3293763']
Luckily for my bank balance I couldn't quite get the Elwood spec I'd want so I closed the browser rather that hit the 'buy' button, I'm sure in the coming months when more models are added I'll be in trouble!
[/quote]

The configurator is a work in progress and doesn't offer all their options.
Email Adrian and I'd be very surprised if they couldn't do what you want!

Si

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1494187257' post='3293913']
Any chance someone can post a link to the configurator?

I can't find it on the website.
[/quote]
https://public-peace.de/configurator/elwood-c You'll find it under the Custom Shop tab.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1494186851' post='3293911']
The configurator is a work in progress and doesn't offer all their options.
Email Adrian and I'd be very surprised if they couldn't do what you want!

Si
[/quote]

Cheers, I'm positive he can it's just a case of me trying to hold out as long as I can for the sake of my finances, I'll be powerless once the configurator is complete :lol:

I'm a little disappointed the configurator isn't fully complete yet, I'm not GASing for a jazz style bass, however I am DESPERATE for a decent P currently and some of my wants are very specific.

The configurator however is a phenomenal idea and something more brands should look in to adding to their website, it'll simplify the process of getting any custom bass ordered!

[quote name='JamesBass' timestamp='1494235338' post='3294123']
I'm a little disappointed the configurator isn't fully complete yet, I'm not GASing for a jazz style bass, however I am DESPERATE for a decent P currently and some of my wants are very specific.
[/quote]

If your wants are that specific, then you would probably still have to contact them to chat it through. i tried the configurator to get my elwood, but I can't configure what I have now, so it is more for the 80% - as soon as you want any non standard stuff, it doesnt help that much, other than give you an idea on prices

The configurator however is a phenomenal idea and something more brands should look in to adding to their website, it'll simplify the process of getting any custom bass ordered!
[/quote]

I couldn't quite get what I wanted either, although I did get close enough to confirm that I can't currently afford it.

Have to keep saving the pennies.

Adrian told me the configurator is very complicated to do and program , more options and things will be added as they go along

there's a FB group "public peace configurator" where you can go and post your feedback

[/quote]

I decided a couple of weeks ago that once I come back from holiday in the end of July, I'm going to save for a nice 5 string bass, possibly fretless.
I went online for a wee look to see what there is that I like & after popping on Bass Direct, I saw a couple of rather nice Maruszczyk basses, a Jazzus & an Elwood.
I thought I'd pop in to this section of BC (which I never visit for fear of GAS) to see what you chaps had to say about them.
The last thing I expected to see was a 65 page thread dedicated to them!

Now I've played with he configurator & designed me a very nice bass that is a little more than I was planning on spending. Ah well, just means I'll be saving a little longer.

Question is... Fretless or fretted?

I love playing fretless, but I'm not sure how it would be to play every song on fretless (I'm a "play one bass for the whole set" kind a guy).

Edited by xgsjx

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1494913401' post='3299442']

That would be ideal, but I don't know how well it would go down with the Mrs. :ph34r:
[/quote]
Have identical builds, but one will be a lined fretless. Then only have one out of its case at a time, whilst the other lurks in the shadows. Worth a try ;) :D

Edited by ezbass

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1494913401' post='3299442']
That would be ideal, but I don't know how well it would go down with the Mrs. :ph34r:
[/quote]

Have two necks made for it and swap them over occasionally.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1494919583' post='3299499']
Have identical builds, but one will be a lined fretless. Then only have one out of its case at a time, whilst the other lurks in the shadows. Worth a try ;) :D
[/quote]
[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1494919802' post='3299500']
Have two necks made for it and swap them over occasionally.
[/quote]
I'm liking these ideas!
I might have to start with the 2 necks option & then at a later date, get a 2nd loaded body built.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1494774594' post='3298431']
Just popped in to say that the Maruszczyk humbucker used on the Jake PJs is a monster.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1AQnOMx-V8[/media]
[/quote]

Indeed! I love mine.

Nice video too :)

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1494936188' post='3299708']
I'm liking these ideas!
I might have to start with the 2 necks option & then at a later date, get a 2nd loaded body built.
[/quote]

you'll then need to send the neck to adrian or to the shop , to make sure the neck is perfect fit ....

(i had a customer asking same)

[quote name='burno70' timestamp='1493708266' post='3289987']
Yeah, I didn't explain my point well at all. You use the radius in a bass set up to even the string height across the curvature of the fingerboard. But in terms of playing a bass say, what difference does this make?
[/quote]
The greater the curvature, the more comfortable some folk say the neck is to play. In practice a deep curvature helps you play chords by allowing you to fret specific strings yet keep your fingers clear of the other strings.

Metal players often like a flatter neck radius because it makes it easier to bend notes.

When you get custom built instruments some builders will also do compound radius necks. These may have a 7" radius at the bottom end and a flatter radius for bending the high notes up the dusty end.

Classical guitars often have flat necks, btw. Which seems to go against all I've just said. So I guess it's all down to taste.

As for me; I know what I'm used to, but don't know what I'd choose if I had to.

Edited by Grangur