Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1495143125' post='3301677']
Might do a fretless V if/when it goes up on the configurator

Played a fretless today and was in love.
[/quote]
You can do it. I've been doing them all week at work!

Here's what I fancy...

https://public-peace.de/shopping-cart?view=bundle&id=435

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1495176152' post='3301794']

You can do it. I've been doing them all week at work!

Here's what I fancy...

https://public-peace.de/shopping-cart?view=bundle&id=435
[/quote]

I wonder what the impact of the configurator has been on the UK's work efficiency rate?

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1495176966' post='3301802']
I wonder what the impact of the configurator has been on the UK's work efficiency rate?
[/quote]

None on mine.....

... until you mentioned it <_< :)

Ooooh - that was fun! :gas:

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1495184636' post='3301895']
Hmmm....a 5 string Jazz, P/J Aguilar pickups, no pickguard, binding on the neck....dots....sunburst.....hmmmm
[/quote]

A man after my own heart :)
Tobacco burst, lollypop tuners!

Si

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='El_JimBob' timestamp='1496236240' post='3309779']
Quick question - have you guys used any particular method that you'd recommend to wire Adrian a deposit, or just regular bank transfer?

Cheers
[/quote]

I totally recommend [url="https://transferwise.com/u/michaelb70"]Transferwise[/url] - it's cheap and fast.

[size=3](Disclosure: the link above is a referral link - using it will give you a free transfer up to £500, and I'll get a referral point. Of course do your own research, YMMV etc.)[/size]

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1496236768' post='3309787']
I totally recommend [url="https://transferwise.com/u/michaelb70"]Transferwise[/url] - it's cheap and fast.

[size=3](Disclosure: the link above is a referral link - using it will give you a free transfer up to £500, and I'll get a referral point. Of course do your own research, YMMV etc.)[/size]
[/quote]

+1 I've used them 4 times, first foc referral and 3rd time also foc - they waived the fee because the money arrived 24hrs late, which wasn't an issue for me anyway.

Transferwise is an ace thing too use, I use the app on my phone to transfer money to Adrian.

Very quick and highly recommended.

Had an email regarding the back of mine, I don't think it'll be that far off, give or take a couple of weeks.

Which is good as my band is going into the studio soon!

[quote name='BassApprentice' timestamp='1496248636' post='3309938']
I'll be keeping an eye out for your order. Jazzus is my favourite of the non-standard body shapes Adrian and Co do. What specs have you gone for?
[/quote]

Ah, I see you're a G&L player, too - I fell in love with the Jazzus shape as the shallow upper body taper reminds me a lot of the old G&L body shape.

Specs-wise, I've gone for a chambered ash body with burl maple top. Twin MM pickups in the L2000 position, Noll 2-band EQ, birdseye maple fingerboard, slightly wider nut (48mm) and 19mm string spacing. Hipshot hardware and luminlay on the side of the neck (because why not!?)

Cannot wait :)

[quote name='BassApprentice' timestamp='1496305528' post='3310299']
That sounds like a belter of a build! Looking forward to seeing the finished product, and also how it sounds regarding the G&L comparison.
[/quote]

Honestly, not expecting much similarities in sound. I'm more after the flexibility in tone that I'm used to with my G&Ls...

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1496249296' post='3309945']
I'm in trouble!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V59d8LTYpx0&feature=push-u&attr_tag=V0J3h9UcoNoC8s3J-6
[/quote]

Oh no...

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1496393697' post='3310992']
Have the prices gone up as well as the difficulties with the £? A fairly simple P bass, 5 string, normal colours etc is now about £1350....
[/quote]

Yeah.. still reasonable for a custom build, but I'm beginning to think I got in at the right time.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1496393919' post='3310995']
Yeah.. still reasonable for a custom build, but I'm beginning to think I got in at the right time.
[/quote]

Yup, I think you did.
A pretty simple medium scale Elwood in Candy Cola that I got a quote for about a year ago has gone up over £200.
Like you say though, still very reasonable for that kind of instrument when you think what others charge for very similar things, factor in the arguably very quick build time too compared to most luthiers and the price is even better!

I'm pretty sure a big chunk of the increase will be thanks to the pound tanking for reasons not worth mentioning on here too, so I imagine Adrian's prices have probably only crept up a little if at all from his end.

Eude

Edited by eude