Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='Bearfist' timestamp='1483398868' post='3206916']
Thanks, i'm really pleased with how this has come out.

I'l have to let you know on the B in a few days hopefully when its delivered, i've got some custom strings being made for it so we will see.
[/quote]

Newtones?
I get them made up for my 31.5" 6 string and 4 string basses, they can work wonders!
I've tried various others though, D'Addario's medium scale strings are very nice, and the tension on LaBellas was near perfect, although I didn't quite get on with those strings.

Cheers,
Eude

Yeah Newtones, so far they've been great whenever I've used them on my 34" and 37" scales and currently have a heavy core set being made for 30" project bass I'm working on as well as the ones for this 32". They've never been anything other than exceptional.

I used to use kaliums but the customer service is shockingly bad and now the price is just way to much.

I've not even received this thing and I'm already plotting a multi scale build....

Cool. I used to use their strings years and years ago, having them custom wind a 6 string bass set was cheaper than buying DRs from a UK based shop, this is pre-internet of course!
I got back into using them as ACG started speccing them on their basses as standard, I've since met Neil who took over from Malcom, the original owner, and he's totally sound too.
Delighted to be using British strings, never mind the fact that they are also bloody amazing! :)

Eude

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1483390561' post='3206822']
Adrian emailed me this evening to let me know that this is now ready and will be on its way this week. Ordered on 21st Nov so much like Bearfist's it has turned around much quicker.Can't wait to get my hands on it.
[URL=http://s12.photobucket.com/user/Tom_Caswell/media/IMG_8014_zpscmxwy77g.jpg.html][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/Tom_Caswell/IMG_8014_zpscmxwy77g.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]

That is stunning, the finish almost looks wet.

You'll have some fun with it. I had my L5 out yesterday after playing the Jake exclusively for a month or so as I'm trying to decide which to use for a session later this month, and I was shocked at how easy it is to play, I'd kinda forgotten.

Yours has more knobs though, so it must be even more fun! :)

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1483390561' post='3206822']
Adrian emailed me this evening to let me know that this is now ready and will be on its way this week. Ordered on 21st Nov so much like Bearfist's it has turned around much quicker.Can't wait to get my hands on it.
[URL=http://s12.photobucket.com/user/Tom_Caswell/media/IMG_8014_zpscmxwy77g.jpg.html][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/Tom_Caswell/IMG_8014_zpscmxwy77g.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]
:o A fabulous looking thing; congrats.

I saw this on FB as well and it had me reconsidering my colour choice for my upcoming build. I must remain strong and stick to my guns (my homebrew Telecaster has this colour scheme already).

[quote name='NickD' timestamp='1483444233' post='3207123']

That is stunning, the finish almost looks wet.

You'll have some fun with it. I had my L5 out yesterday after playing the Jake exclusively for a month or so as I'm trying to decide which to use for a session later this month, and I was shocked at how easy it is to play, I'd kinda forgotten.

Yours has more knobs though, so it must be even more fun! :)
[/quote]

Thanks NickD, I went for an L5 after a friend lent me his for a gig. Was so comfortable to play and the neck was the just perfect.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1483445021' post='3207127']

:o A fabulous looking thing; congrats.

I saw this on FB as well and it had me reconsidering my colour choice for my upcoming build. I must remain strong and stick to my guns (my homebrew Telecaster has this colour scheme already).
[/quote]

Haha be strong. After placing the order I had a bit of a wobble and thought maybe blue wasn't the right choice. Now I've seen the pics I'm confident that it was. I got to choose the piece of flamed maple for the top and am really pleased with that too.

These are pretty good aren't they!

Received my 32" Scale Jake on Friday. Had a couple of days to get to know her and yeah they have nailed it, exactly the bass i was hoping for.

[attachment=235490:IMG_3157.JPG][attachment=235488:IMG_3155.JPG][attachment=235489:IMG_3156.JPG]

So impressed I've been talking to Adrian all morning and i'm just about to order a second one, another Jake similar to this one, black and maple but 33" scale this time, still tuned BEAD, thinking 3+1 non matching headstock, different bridge maybe.

Thinking about maybe having the board and neck with a slight vintage tint this time but a little worried it might be a little to yellow or dark for my taste, anyone got one of Adrian's basses with a vintage tint maple neck? I'd love to see some, particularly with a black body?

Edited by Bearfist

[quote name='Bearfist' timestamp='1483876792' post='3210736']
These are pretty good aren't they!

Received my 32" Scale Jake on Friday. Had a couple of days to get to know her and yeah they have nailed it, exactly the bass i was hoping for.

[attachment=235490:IMG_3157.JPG][attachment=235488:IMG_3155.JPG][attachment=235489:IMG_3156.JPG]

So impressed I've been talking to Adrian all morning and i'm just about to order a second one, another Jake similar to this one, black and maple but 33" scale this time, still tuned BEAD, thinking 3+1 non matching headstock, different bridge maybe.

Thinking about maybe having the board and neck with a slight vintage tint this time but a little worried it might be a little to yellow or dark for my taste, anyone got one of Adrian's basses with a vintage tint maple neck? I'd love to see some, particularly with a black body?
[/quote]

Not a black body, but this is mine with the yellowish tint:

I think it would look great on a black bass!

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1484471432' post='3215597']
lol , adrian actually had done a video of my custom :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB6qgyJSuOI&index=44&list=PLzWxuTpz0aNheLTDqWv1SaIqtG7gvazml

get your disco look on ;-)
[/quote]

That is awesome!